First Grow - PC Planter - Journal w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by valerien, May 7, 2011.

1. #41 valerien, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
    washed out my res, roots from both plants were fairly tangled, i seperated them and dipped the roots in tap water to give em a little chlorine to kill any bad germs.

swapped the positions as I had not been doing this for several days, had just been spinning them. Letting the CFL favor the smaller one now. Some of the pics show the frame for the SCROG I am building, I just need to staple down the nylon chicken netting. I would probably like to have the scrog lower but it will be right in front of my exhaust if I do. I think this height is perfect if the netting is at hte bottom of the wood to keep things seperated when I go into flower mode. Leaving the scrog out for stuff to grow a bit more... unless anyone thinks I would benefit more by putting it in now?

Attached Files:

2. i think the smaller plant is a boy. uploading pics now. going to link it on absolute beginners forum since I'm getting no love on this thread.

3. gonna be patient on the small plant for a few more days for pistils I guess. Veg is gonna take longer than originally planned probably because of all of the early hurdles I jumped getting to where I am.

I need to replace the yeast/sugar in the DIY co2 contraption but I honestly don't think it's doing much of anything and constantly 2nd guess putting any extra effort into it.

4. I wish I could help you out on determining the sex, but I think it'd just be best to wait it out and be sure. Mine are about a month older than yours and they still haven't really shown their sex. From what I know (which isn't a whole lot), yours look like females. Mine look pretty similar and I'm fairly confident they're going to be ladies.

Anyways, you've got some nice looking plants. I'll be stopping in every now and then to check 'em out and show some love.

5. being patient works. I'm being very patient on the veg process. Pistils are getting very large in several spots on the larger girl. I really hope the smaller one turns out female. I'm checking your grow out every few days as well. Can't grow good stuff outdoors myself here in the desert hehe.

I've gone ahead and put up my scrog since no one commented on waiting or not. I'll take some pics tomorrow with the vinyl plant netting in there but you can see where it's gonna be in the pics above.

6. Yeah, that's a bummer. Indoor was cool for the short time that I needed to do it, but outdoor is awesome.

If I knew more about SCROG I would definitely help you out. I'm kind of a newbie as well.

7. I wonder if I can get a mod to move this from micro grows to the indoor growing section so I can get some more attention.

8. i just saw a scrog in someone else's micro that consisted of a long dowel and several shorter dowels crossing it. No border. I'm curious of this as it would be nice to not lose space in my grow box from the border of my scrog. Only thing I can think of is using zip ties and glue to secure the dowels though if I were to go purchase some from Lowes. worth it?

9. so to test my germination technique since I plan on doing it right after this grow, I took a bag seed, tossed it into a cup of RO water for about 24 hours until it would stay sunk when dumping it under. Then I put it into a paper towel folded 3 times in a zip lock back that remained open, wet the paper towel, put the entire thing in the dark, 24 hours later I had a nice sized tap root. Grabbed a pot from an old aloe verde plant i had on my windowsill, filled with micacle grow soil, dug an inch down and dropped the seed tap root down. 2 days later it popped up and is angling towards the window looking for some direct light. it will die as I don't get any direct light on my 2nd floor windowsill but it's a good test of my germing skills before my next grow when I'm using expensive seeds again.

10. Just PM a mod. I had one change the name of my thread for me a week or two back. They are all good guys.

11. okay so since I stopped rotating plants with the addition of the scrog. I noticed a few blades of one fan leaf that are right in the line of fire between the humidifer-as-intake and exhaust that are very droopy. look almost dead, still green. maybe they will perk back up we will see.

I stuck the humidifer on a timer and it runs 15 min every hour. good way to keep the humid back down into the high 30's as i get closer to flowering.

the runt still shows no pistils but I cannot tell if what I see is just new growth or tiny balls. there's definatly not 'pairs' of them yet so.... more patience....

12. not sure if I mentioned but since I put the runt on the right side, it's been loving it and the tallest leaves are almost as tall as the bigger girl. you can see the runt was definately stunted at one point though, it's not as 'filled out' as the sister plant. hopefully the mid growth will start to come in assuming I eliminated most stressfactors from early on.

since my last res wash my ph has been rising at a ridiculous rate. I'm wondering if this is a subtle sign of nute burn. it will go from 5.5 to 6.1-6.3 in 5-6 hours. I think I'm gonna wash my res today, didn't have any h2o2 last time and was hoping the chlorine in the tap water i used for wash was enough. may get that h202 today.

growth has been nice though.. maybe i'll just deal with the fact it requires a decent amount of attention and let it grow? I can see portion(s) of the thickest root system where the 'bristle-like' roots had died off of and never grown back after the algae problem I had several weeks back that have now not only grown back, but very thick and strong looking.

13. domain I host my pics at has been experiencing issues past 2 days or so, waiting for that to be resolved. sorry if some of the early pics that I did not embed cannot be accessed.

14. #55 valerien, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    few spots ane some tips don't look as good as they did 48 hours ago on my verified girl. The spots are super tiny and I want to say im 100% sure there's no possible way im underfeeding her so it's probably me being an asshole with foliar spray again.

it's all on top fan leaves that are coming through the scrog. both plants are through the scrog now.

i still stare at the 'runt' (it's only a runt in the middle growth area now.. which is coming in nicely the last half week or so) every time I open my box to verify sex. I feel the little oval-ball thing that is supposed to open up and spread pistils or swell and become a pollen sack has gotten a tiny bit bigger.. it still does not look like the pictures I see on these forums of what male plants look like though. it looks just like the other plant's preflower area that has pistils coming out of it.

15. some top leaves are 'taco'ing and look a bit crispy. I think the scrog I built is preventing air flow at that level. right now both plants are peaking right in the scrog. Put the humidifer on more frequent timing, off/on every 15 min.

16. i think i failed with my scrog in several ways. the thick frame is preventing airflow at the canopy level as it breaches the scrog net and several top leaves are tacoing and showing lots of heat stress.

also, i put it in too late and let some of my leaves rest on parts of the scrog instead of growing 'into' the scrog and being trained by growing around it. it almost seems like i've created a crutch for a few branches instead of an obstacle.

i'm scared to take the entire scrog out now as both plants have breached the scrog and I don't wnat hte entire plant to droop.

suggestions?

17. also, how do you change res water out once you have the scrog in a micro grow?

18. heat stress is freaking me out and I knw i don't have much attention on this thread to have my questions answered. I removed the scrog =(

turned my canopy into quite a mess.

19. added a quarter teaspoon of bushmaster as my confirmed girl's bud sites are really coming in good and I want to swap to my 2700k in a few days. will run it only 2 days or so and then wash out my res.

at the same time that the non-confirmed plant's preflower sights look like they've gotten a bit bigger and on one site I think I do see a duo of bulbs forming but it's very small and hard to tell.. i also see what does look like a white pistol barely starting to crack out of another single bulb at a node lower... may have a hermie on my hand there... giving more patience for a potential girl.