First Grow, PC Grow Case

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LegatoBluSummer, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Had bag seeds lying around from a good batch i got and decided to have some fun with em. :rolleyes: (sorry for no pictures of earlier stages, just recently started exploring my cellphone and SD memory Card)

Tried to germinate 5 seeds, but only 2 worked. Put em in a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag on my PC to keep em hot, checking on them and changing the paper towels to prevent rot every 24hrs till they had a 1/2 inch root sticking out.

March 19th, I put the 2 seeds roots down into Hydromax growing soil in these lil containers i bought at the local hydro shop. Cut them apart and into a shooter glass.

[​IMG]

I started them in my drawer with a single Compact Flourescent with 24hrs light, watering em everyday to keep em humid, while i was waiting for THIS that i bought from pcgrowcase.com. Woulda loved to make it myself but had problems finding a 24inch tower.

[​IMG]

At first it was too hot so i added 2 fans and put a plexiglass to try n isolate the lights heat. You can also see my remote sensor i bought at walmart for 25$....i dont really trust it tho....sumtimes will show the same temperature for a while and i just know its off

[​IMG]

Since i put em into bigger pots ive been getting this bad odor in my room...maybe its the soil or sumthing, hav an ona block on the pc grow case near the back but its not helping, might try n get a carbon filter to put on the exhaust fans.

Ive been running 18hrs lights on and 6hrs lights off since i got my case, bought a timer at walmart for 10$. Also thinking of getting 2 45w hot bulbs for sum red light cause these are 25w cool bulbs. If i stay up past lights out, i put a coat or t-shirt over the back to prevent light from getting in.

Ive been watering with tap water i let in open bottle for few days to evaporate the chlorine. When i feel the soil is really dry 1inch+ deep and the pots have become as light as be4 wetting the soil for the first time, i bring out my spray bottle. Spray till it runs out the bottom. Used 1/4 fertilizer strenght when i had 4 first leaves on plants and when they got bit bigger i swiched to half fertilizer strenght of THIS for vegetation stage (gonna go buy other 2 bottles for flowering when i get there)

[​IMG]

April 13th

[​IMG]

PC Grow Case FTW :hello: More pictures as the babies grow

2. very stealth. when you flowering? just because you have very limited height.

3. I should be starting flowering April 19th, maybe later if they dont get too big in the next week and hopefully harvesting them around Mai 19th.

Their starting to take ALOT more water when i feed them, gotta spray em every 3-4 days now instead of every week.

4. Added an oven carbon filter from Rona to try n help the dirt smell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far so good