First Grow Pc Case

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Backyard13, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hello GC,

Had a couple of pc cases laying around and decided to see if anybody has done a Pc Grow and i found this site. I been wanting to try to grow my own smokeable flower. also i heard that growing some plants is a great time hobby and relaxer of course i can just smoke but why buy when i can grow my own i have MMJ Card and had some Backyard Boogy Hybird and got some seeds from that batch. the first one sprouted 5 days ago going on to six now. just thinking what you guys taught about it. also if you look in the pic the seed is stuck to the leaf. the other one same thing but not the entire seed i try to crack it open but ended up cracking the leaf felt bad i hope she heals also the leafs are growing to the side. looks like she will pull through. let me know what you guys think, all help and tips are appriciated.
    smoking on some bomb meds that helps with my knee pain.:bongin:

Attached Files:

2. Nice set up man. Hope everything goes smoothly with your grow. One thing i noticed is that your case is clear on the side. Plants need to have full darkness when the lights are not on so if this is not in a dark room take her to one ( i see it is but i will say this anyway so nothing bad hapens to your girls :)

3. Yea i forgot to mention that i cover the clear spot with the reflective material. right now am running 24/0 once i take her into flowering thats if there females i will move them to another room that stays in complete darkness. what do you think about the seed still being on the leaf? the past one i grew drop the seed after it sprouted. these 2 seem to be having trouble droping them.

4. If the reflective material covers the clear spot completely then you will have no need to take her elsewhere. If you can though it would be even better.
    To be honest I such as yourself am an amateur grower so i do not know if the seed that stays on the leaf can cause problems but i do not think it will. Leave it be it will fall on its own or when the baby leaves fall. The first two leaves are not really that important and the plant gets rid of them while growing so you should not worry. Althoug someone with more experience will soon come and give you a more reasuring view ;)

5. I like your set up! Looking good, hope all turns out well! Sub'd for sure!
    Good luck!

6. Thanks, cant wait till i get home from work so i can see how shes doing.

7. Well guys its day 20 days since she spourt and pretty much the same size its only grow more in the past five days but at a really slow pace.
    i planted another seed on the 11th and it sprouted on the 12th and has grown so much more in the 5 days since she sprouted then the others have which i just gave up on but still letting them do there thang and she what happens am just focusing on the new one. there all form the same bag.

the first 2 pics were taken on the 15th at 11am day 3
    the rest were take on the 17 at 6 pm day 5
    what do you guys think. also i used new potting soil for the new one i planted the other ones where not so am thinking thats what they didnt like.

Attached Files:

8. in the background of pic 6 you can see the first two that sprouted 20 days ago what they look like now

9. Looking good man, keep us posted on further growth. Glad this one is growing at a quicker pace than the others.

10. Thank you am happy how things are going now. am going to start looking into more LST my plan is get her around the whole pot but will see how that goes. any suggestions on when to start LSTing her.

here is some pics of day 7 form sprout as width long as a tooth pick and height also. i notice a lil brown in the stem of the leaf you know looks like veins is that normal or something i have to worry about.

Attached Files:

11. #11 ErbBudder, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    You need to get a fan blowing on those. Their stems are so weak and fragile. You should try potting in some solo cups or an actual pot as well. It's too hot for them if that's all they've grown in 20 days. You can't really lst a plant that weak, you'd break it. I'd wait till its at least 6inches or has a few nodes on em. The soil shouldn't be compacted down either, then the roots can't grow, just simply pressing the top layer of soil down firmly around the plant is necessary. Your cfls also need to be changed to daylight 6500k CFLs for the veg state. Then switch back to the warmer light, 2700k for flowering.

12. from the morning till night i have a fan on them i leave the door open so the fan gets all the plants. seems to be doing great for the new one i have in there. also i have 2 6500 and one 2700k on there should i add another one and make it 3 6500 and 1 2700? or just all 6500k for now while its veggin..

13. Well finally got a temp stat and when its close its at 90f and open with fan blowing its at 75 78 degrees am thinking bout adding another fan I have to exhaust and no intake fan. When the case is close there's a really small opening that air gets in thru the bottom my understanding of negative pressure

14. I don't think pc fans work well with a passive intake, throw a small fan in there for intake and that should solve your heat issues. Even though cfls are not as hot as hid they still get hot, specially in such a small space.

15. Well I have a couple extra fans but they are low output don't think its going to be effective. But ill put to on and see where my temps are at. And I notice a orange spot on one of the leaves looks like a calcium problem

16. current update any One know what it could be up with the.first teo leaves I check the ph from thewater run off when i waterd Last time was at 6.2

ForumRunner_20121031_132722.png

ForumRunner_20121031_132734.png

ForumRunner_20121031_132701.png

ForumRunner_20121031_132648.png

17. I'm pretty sure it's magnesium defiency. Pick up some cal/mag.

18. Thought I would give an update on how's she doing. What does GC think

Attached Files:

19. wow shes looking great! what strain?

20. Thanks. Well it was called backyardboogie at the despenary when I was smoking it, there were seeds in it. was a hybrid looks more sativa then indica .