First grow Papaya

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Blaze_420, Jun 11, 2006.

1. how old is the plant in this reply ?

2. well i planted my sprouted seed on 06/06/06 so about 11 days not including germination. and its doing fine cept a little nute burn thanx to my mum. i can get some pics up if people want.

3. Good luck with the grow. Get a fan on those cuz a computer fan is defiently not enough.

4. ye defiantly really need a better fan but bit short on money at the moment but still lokkig for one lol. a well think ill post some pics been a while and of course definatly grown since the last pic lol :D

Attached Files:

5. growing good :)

6. well got some good news it looks like its a girl :D

7. Nice! The dimension of your grow room is about the same as mine (my first grow room)! :) Mine have 5 feets thought! I got a 250 watts HPS light also and it think this will be ok for 3 plants in my cabinet. Maybe I will complete with a 150 watts HPS that I can buy at a big store like home depot that we have here. Its called Reno-Depot! :) The 150 watts HPS is at 70$.

Do you have pictures of your grow room?

GL

8. well i just tied down the top half of my plant to get more light to the lower areas. which may hopefully increase my yeild :D or ma b the do the opposite which i will hope wont happen lol :D and ill get some pics up soon just wait for the light to go out in my grow room at 11 and ill get some pics :D

9. right so i got some pics that i took to day on monday 17th July :D this is one week into flowering.

Attached Files:

10. you should probably start flowering now if you havent already.

11. i have its one week into flowering and already showing sex as a female :D so good signs:smoking:

12. HI, BLAZE.
    i'm a real papaya fan. started last year and germed 7, 5 of which were fems. took cuts from 'em all and been growing it ever since. 8-9 months now and still loving it's fruity, can't be bothered to do much type buzz.
    As you now know they are damn quick to start budding . I see them start appearing about a week or so into 12/12. To be perfectly honest first time i flowered i was so hard up and weedless I started picking at 6.5 weeks and was still damn nice, in fact i found certain plants were more fruity cut before the 8 weeks recommended time for 12/12.
    I top ALL my plants so I don't have to bend and mess about with height issues, so I've yet to grow a single cola plant. However it's only going to be a 20-25 percent stretch anyhow
    however the double/ treble colas are still quite impressive
    here's a few pics. I didn't use anything but fish blood and bone and bonemeal teas during flower, so no high tech stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    don't know why the pics are not here, but click and see!
    good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress

13. I am confused your seedlings died? These plants do look like clones with the alternate leaf growth but anyway, however you are growing them looks fine. They look to be in 1 gallon pots which is too small though. They will still grow but figure on getting .8 ounces per plant. If you transplanted them into 3 gallon pots 2 weeks ago you could have figured on getting 2-3 ounces per plant. Still, it might not be too late if you are gentle :) Good luck as regardless your Goddesss look Dandy!

14. thanks chaosmonger and lucian for the words :D and yes i had 3 plants 2 papaya 1 hindu kush but the hindu kush and 1 papaya died. and chaosmonger how long did you leave them in vegatation state when you grew from seed?

15. also think ill mention on here first before i think about doing a grow jounral on them is that i have got two 15 day old hindu kush under LEDs at the moment. :D

16. hi blaze.
    I left them vegging until I had enough lower branches to take all the cuts I needed(and a few more for accidental death!) I topped 'em though to bring this on.
    .....In all about 6 weeks, but I tied a few for experience. Too long for a 400/600w lamp methinks, but I was in no hurry at the time. now I'd give them 3 or 4 weeks as I'd have 20 in there.
    you could scrog the one plant no problem, but that would be a fair bit longerI'd think, nearer 7 weeks or so?
    just my thoughts though, someone might be able to tell you different from their experiences.