First Grow Outdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WAswotty, Jan 29, 2015.

1. i forced my 1st grow, (built like a dark room outside, put them in there 12/12), got great results, really nice bud!!.... gonna let few of them veg for a while try LST an topping for first time, hoping to get 5 girls outta them seeds, some don't look the best...gonna do the slow release nutes again, I found this to be really effective my last plants really liked it, looked really good till the end an bud was nice

2. Holy shit wasn't expecting them all to split (well 14 outta 16), gonna give some to friends once there up an running.... some of the seeds were really shitty lookin small an light in colour but all had a good tap root, there in soil from 30 min ago, should break soil in a few days I guess

3. 12 outta 14 are going ok-ish, will be a few days till I know how many will be good ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439106248.213036.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439106268.429405.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439106331.596269.jpg probably end up with 4-5, I really wasn't expecting the shit seeds to 'work' but they did (I mean these seeds were SHIT!!) so friends are gonna have a few an I get some bud in return win win

4. They have all shot up past 2 days, there just inside by window, weather has been really shit so should be nicer in few days then there outside, there abit leggy maybe kitchen light (cfl)? But there all looking nice green healthy just needs the sun then they should take off!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439289994.004124.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439290130.653365.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439290217.404282.jpg

5. This 1 doesn't wanna come out!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439371683.782568.jpg compared to the rest of them ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439371712.448930.jpg

6. I do a year round outside grow at latitude 33 north in Southern California so I can offer a few tips and tricks on getting it done in the off season as it were.. I'll assume your in a low frost no freeze zone that makes it possible for you to run all year like I do here.. While your temps may be good enough your going to need some additional hours of light to keep photoperiod plants in veg.. I get it done 2 ways with a broken down garden shed full of T5HO fluorescents and some solar lights when it's to blistering hot in the shed.. I use the outside as my year round flower room and veg up under the lights.. You don't need much to keep them in veg about 3x the amount of moonlight is the trigger point if I remember.. Full moon is 2 lumens per meter I think.. The 70 lumen solar I run have a 35 lumen longer burn time that I use so it's not that much light.. less then a 7 watt night light puts out I think so they would be enough.. Christmas lights in a beer can reflector is likely enough to veg under outside.. You just need enough to keep them awake all night.. Or wake them up a few times a night for 10 min.. Several ways work.. I really can only trust the 2 months at the summer solstice for dependable vegging.. Outside that and I need additional lighting hours.. I suspect the same applies for you just reversed months..
    [​IMG]
    T5 high output lamps..
    [​IMG]

night shot.. This unit doesn't quite cover the darkest months.. Learned that the hard way when the ones I thought were safe all flowered in Nov.. But they work well about 8 months of the year..
    [​IMG]
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Outdoor-Solar-Black-LED-70-Lumen-Spotlight-SS23C-M8-BKT-CPK1/204471418
    Just some ideas for you to play with.. Happy growing.. BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looking healthy so far Scotty!

Did you email Jack at The Vault for some of those seeds? The last comparative grow was the PDxA and they are some awesome genetics so you should definitely scoop these new ones up! Free seeds, a free shirt and free shipping. Can't go wrong haha
    Also glad to see BNW is here smart mofo and his plants show it lol

8. cheers man!! No I didn't email him I didn't think they would ship free stuff to australia? I'll give it a shot, but maybe too late.....yea glad to have BNW an everyone else snooping around my thread, very smart dudes!!!

9. He should ship to you for free! I'm across the world also and I'm getting free shipping :)

10. thats awesome man, it's worth a try suppose, cheers for the link pal!!!

11. No worries man! Free seeds are hard to turn down haha

12. Everything looking good so far, a bit slow I think they haven't had the sun till today really so to be expected. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439626241.491273.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439626272.557762.jpg this 1 still doesn't wanna do nothing I think it's fucked but I'll keep it there just to see what it does! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439626495.024379.jpg

13. Sweet grow man. First time grower in the land down under too!! Just here for studies tho. I myself have 6 bag seeds going on now!

14. cheers man, were bouts U from? Do u have a journal for your grow, any pics?
    cheers man, were bouts U from? Do u have a journal for your grow, any pics?

15. Haha where in au or where originally? Nah no log yet. Been 3 over a month and still on the 4th set of leaves only. Either not enough light or temps too low..

16. in aus? Mine are the same, slower then the last time, they should go good with the weather picking up in couple of weeks

17. im in melb! yeah hopefully the weather gets better. any clue if i would be eligible for the vaults comparison grow?

18. id say so man, I made my order so I'll see if it gets here...U got any pics?

19. Call me crazy but are those signs of a female?

Attached Files: