First Grow outdoor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OpenBar420, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Well the seed was planted on 5/7/12
    And its 6/13/12 so about 5 weeks. The plant seems to be doing good,at the top it starting to smell like skunk.

Im kinda worried about the holes and yellow dying leaves at the bottom. If anyone could help me i'd greatly appreciate it

Attached Files:

2. It looks like the early stages of a calcium deficiency, IMO. You may want to treat it with some Cal-Mag, or epsom salt solution. For future reference, adding lime to your soil before hand will add calcium over the life of your plant.
    The holes are most likely bugs eating your plant. Do you spray for bugs?

3. yeah a spray bottle with some soap and water. What should i do with epsom salt?

4. Dissolve ~2 teaspoons in about 500ml of hot water, let it cool then water it as regular till it runs out.

5. thank you. Still learning since its my first grow

6. This may be useful to save in your archives :p

[​IMG]

7. Looks like some kind of bug to me

8. Update 6/16/2012

Well didnt water today,but she got a lot bigger. Its raining outside right now so it should give it a good water. Post new pictures tomorrow!

9. yeah is water and soap a good pesticide or should i use something else. Also how often should i spray for bugs?

10. I would first try neem oil mixed with water in a spray bottle, its from the neem plant which is native to india, the plant itself has properties that naturally repel insects.

People have used neem seeds grounded up and sprayed on plants, but most commonly people use neem oil.

when you spray the neem oil spray it at sunset or in the evening, since it is an oil the heat from the sun may fry the plant.

I would spray every 2 days or every other day or so until the problem goes away.

if you spray while flowering careful not to spay on the buds neem doesn't particularly have a very pleasant taste

11. bought some at wal-mart. It was a 3 in 1 formula against mites and though's other little fuckers.
    70% hydrophobic extract of neem oil. Like 0.9 percent and 99 percent other.

12. update 6/19/2012
    looks like they killed most of the bugs and shit. Gonna spray everysunday from now on

13. glad to hear you took care of the problems, i was gonna guess bugs when i saw the holes. I'm right about where you are in terms of first grow and knowledge so much respect for the knowledge and that leaf guide is the shit. do you know everything to do after your plant starts flowering? (harvesting/drying/curing?)

14. little bit. Drying yeah probably gonna hang in green house or in my basement in a well ventilated place. Harvesting i need help with and trimming.

i'll also post pictures of the plant tomorrow and tell me if it looks good also

15. mhmm same here, ive already posted some questions on some other threads but no responses yet, if u happen to find out how to harvest/cure id love to get a link or somthin and ill definitely scope ur pics if u get more
    peace

16. Sup everyone.Gonna do a 1 week update.
    Computer broke but getting new one in the mail soon.
    Anyways took some pictures and tell me what you think.Also i ordered fox farm fertilizer trio.

Also bong broke

Attached Files:

17. #17 OpenBar420, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    New update
    Trimmed some yellows leaves at the bottom.Transplanted to new pot and new fertilizer.Using fox farm big grow for right now till flowering. Its almost going to be 2 months
    NOTE.Pictures are from old pot and dead leaves on the bottom. Ill post updated pictures soon

Attached Files:

18. Update 9/22!
    After 3 months finally decided to update this thread

I did a final fertilization,now just flushing for the next 2 weeks.Then shes coming down

Attached Files:

19. Wow how tall is it now?

That main stalk looks THICK!

20. 7 feet just chopped her!