First Grow-Organic -Skunk #11-400wHPS-All Help Very Much Appreciated!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by DonLuigi, Aug 29, 2007.

1. The range is because some people like to harvest early, some later. You should check the trichomes at 10 weeks and go from there. Doing a good job so far, keep it up!

I feel for you having a partner in this bro... Was the worst decision I could have made for my garden and our friendship. I really hope he's helping out and not just trying to stop you from improving the garden. I damn near went to fists with my brother over him not helping and even trying to stop me from training the plants when they needed it.

How are things going with that? I know it's kind of a personal question but I'm really interested in seeing if there is anybody out there that can grow together without one person wanting to rip the other's head off.

2. nice grow! great to c blers on these forums.

3. It's actually going alright now, there was a little bit of tension. I was telling him that I wanted to top some and he was saying ''you're going to fuck up the plants!''. I told him I wouldn't but I went ahead and topped three lol. Now he has every trust in my decisions because the lower branches on the three topped plants are so much higher than on the non topped plant. Lots of bud sites :D

He isn't really helping with the grow which can't be expected because he works and can't be at the room alot but without his financial help then none of this would be possible. I'm just happy that we have both kept it a secret which is the most important thing. I even have a cover story that I've been using with the rest of my friends so that they don't ask questions when I suddenly have alot of smoke. I told them that some guy on the Isle of Wight is sending it to me sometime in December for really cheap.

I'm thinking that the flowering times may cover indoor and outdoor and soil/light types. I have no optimism for 7 weeks as 49 days seems very short for a sativa dominant. My clothes that are kept just outside the bathroom in my closet are beginning to smell like the crop which teases me when I'm out. I'm aiming hopefully for a harvest of 6 oz which would only be 42g per plant which is reasonable I think. But if I harvest only 42g total then the equipment will have been payed for in weed as the prices around here are deadly.

I will go down to ASDA and get some good batteries for my camera tonight so that I can take some pictures tomorrow. They have stretched alot since the last picture (which was done with really old mobile phone).

The guy at the shop told me that the Plagron Start-up would be sufficient for vegging which turned out not to be true. It has no NPK values on it and it causes some deficiencies. Since I've started using the Alga-Bloom there has been no progression in the deficiencies. For my next grow I will buy Alga-Grow.

Now it's just a matter of patience :rolleyes:

4. Sounds good, hope things continue to go well for you! Good luck with the rest of the grow man :smoking:

5. As promised, here are some pictures of the ladies. Happy to see no signs of hermies, only pistils. 4/4 success rate unless balls begin to show and shut my mouth for me.

Before you look at the pictures I am sorry for (A) My crappy photo skills (B) My crappy lighting in the picutres (C) My old, shit 2 mega pixel camera (D) The messiness of my room (E) The plants need a water

Let's begin.

OK - First up, here is a pic with very high HPS glare, my room is so damn reflective it's impossible to make anything out.

[​IMG]

Here is the youngest plant, it is 7 days younger than the other three and it was the only one I didn't top so it looks like I'll be getting one main cola:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bad macro attempt:
    [​IMG]

Comparison: One the left a topped plant, on the right the un-topped plant:
    [​IMG]

Comparison from above of topped and un-topped plant:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another bad macro attempt:
    [​IMG]

The whole bunch:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From above:
    [​IMG]

I accidentally broke the carpenters ruler, what's left is 16 inches, just to give you an idea:
    [​IMG]

Damn! Imageshack took so long to upload that this post timed out...luckily I took no chances and copied it all before I clicked submit. For any future grows I shall invest in a decent camera!

6. Lookin good, lush green! :D

7. Can someone please tell me a definate answer please? - When does flowering start? Is it when you switch the lights or when pistils appear or is it when they look like little budlets?

Cheers

8. It's better to go from 12/12 so that it's not up to personal opinion if they are flowering or not with preflowers or budlets. You could ask the place you got the seeds from that question- they would know the answer much better than us. They could call flowering from the beginning of 12/12 or they could wait 2 weeks for after the stretch and the buds begin to set. It's a question we all ask and don't usually get a straight answer- it will most likely take 9-11 weeks of 12/12 especially if it's sativa dominant- might take even longer for that.

9. Thanks.

It's those bastards over at Dutch Passion. They don't have the best customer service. I've sent an email every week for the past few weeks and no answer.

By the way, the plants are doing very nice, lots of pistils and they are in good nick. This must be the worst part of grows, the waiting. It's not too bad but I really need to get a timer for my heater because I have to be in there before 6:43pm every day to turn it on.

I'll maybe take some pics tomorrow before I go out and try to avoid buying over priced weed from a dealer. Tis' mushie season though and that is proving to be fun as always.:p

Will be 21 days since the switch on Saturday so hopefully I will harvest by 8th December, one day after my birthday. Will still have to wait a while for drying and some curing though. Ah well, if I have something to smoke by Christmas I will be more than happy :)

10. Turned off the HPS for a minute to take these pictures in darkness. But the walls are too reflective but the pictures give a decent idea of how the plants are doing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Looking good man, keep it up :D

12. There's so many budsites on the topped plants, it's exciting stuff for me!

The pistils are mostly on the tops of the plants but will they begin to come out of the stems and branches? I'm just confused as to how these big colas form.

13. Ya they come out of all the nodes- every one is going to form a bud. It's really hard to describe it... But it's really interesting to watch!

14. Ok, it's been a while since the last update so here's one. Once again sorry for the bad image quality but it's better than nothing.

One plant reacted very well to topping and the other two it seems have just divided the yield between many tops. Sorry about the first few pics, I was too lazy to remove the plants from the grow room so I had to take them in the dark. But taking pictures in the dark was really so terrible so I removed my two favourite plants from the grow room to my messy ass bedroom to get some better shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These pics were taken minutes ago, it is now 43 days since I began 12/12. According to the times given by the supplier they have 1-5 weeks left :(. Any estimates on how long may be left for these ladies? It would be nice to know so I could start flushing at an appropriate time. The other two plants are not budding with as much vigor as these two. I wish I had bought the Alga-Bloom nutes for vegging because the start-up really wasn't enough and there wasn't a big enough nitrogen store to last these plants into flowering, alot of yellowing working its way up the plant but I think they shall survive till harvest. The nutes I'm using for flowering contain:

Plagron Alga-bloei contains: 13% phosphor, 14% potash, 1.5% nitrogen, trace elements, vitamins, enzymes, growth hormones, ferments and more than 20 types of amino acids.

GODDAMN! I hate imageshack, always a task to get pictures up. Can anyone recommend a better hosting site for future uploads? Cheers.

15. Could be another 4 weeks or so max. Be patient though, it's so much better when it's fully ripe... It's incredible the difference.

They look good- a little hungry looking maybe that and the one might be a little close to the light either or. I'm not sure about the nutes you are feeding them so I can't help you there, but they look like they will produce well regardless. Doing a great job! :smoke:

16. Which one do you think may be too close to the light?

Is it this one?:

[​IMG]

If it is that one you mean then you're probably right, it's very close to the light but I didn't see any signs of heat stress but maybe it's just my untrained eye. I read something that said that plants will be ready to harvest around 3 weeks after the first brown hairs start showing. I take it this is not accurate? All I have to check my trichomes is a magnifying glass which is not very good. I can't see them well enough to tell if they're cloudy or clear but I think it may just be good enough to see amber trichomes when they start to appear.

17. I think that's the one, if it's a little pale green at the top. It might be hungry though considering the yellow leaves at the bottom at 6 weeks. It just looks like a lot of yellow hairs, and forming bud structure but not close to finished-looking. The trich's are the final say- not the hairs though. The hairs help to guess when to look at the trich's. A $10 microscope from Radio Shack is all you need. Just cut off a little frosty bit of leaf and look for amber trichomes. When you start to see patches of them it's done. You should start checking after 56 days- if you see a bunch of clear trich's and no amber than wait another 7 days and check again. When you see amber trich's start checking every other day. When you see patches of amber it's ready. :smoke:

18. Unfortunately there are no radioshacks in my country. Although I'm sure I could find a little pocket microscope around here somewhere or order one offline. Wish I'd researched my strain a bit more before getting into this. Instead I went and bought the cheapest femninised seeds that Dutch Passion had. On paper it seems like a pretty mediocre strain. A couple of weeks ago my new pack of femnised seeds arrived. I bought Euforia from Dutch Passion. On paper they seem like a very good strain that kicks skunk #11 arse.

Skunk #11:

Indica/Sativa : 25/75
    THC: 8.1%
    Flowering Time: 7-11 weeks

Euforia:

Indica/Sativa: I have no idea, I'll send an email to DP now
    THC: 18%
    Flowering Time: 7 weeks

I realise that these stats don't tell it all and that it's not necessarily a better strain because of the higher THC %.

19. If that shit flowers in 7 weeks I'll drop my jaw. I've heard of it, just never actually seen pictures- and the strains mentioned were clone-only strains. If there are seeds to such a short-flowering strain I would be stoked. :D

The pocket microscope is CRUCIAL. That is the most important item you can have in determining if it's done or not!

20. Well there are seeds to such a short flowering strain and I have them :D I read a few reviews though and a guy said that most phenos finish in 8 weeks and not actually seven but maybe it depends on when they count the start of flowering.

I was going to buy unfeminised seeds for my next grow. I was going to buy Ata Tundra from seedsman seeds, claims to have 6 week flowering time and 19% THC: http://www.cannabis-seeds.com/en/cannabis-seeds/seedsman-seeds/seedsman-gold/ata-tundra-seeds

But I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of males so I bought Euforia :cool: