First Grow Northern Lights in Coco

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HandhillsHomegrown, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Hey so I just started my first grow, Iam 26 days into Vegetation with Northern Lights feminized from Crop King. I started these in solo cups under a 4' long 4 tube fluorescent I use to grow my veggies, moved them into my closet at about two weeks and started them under my 600w MH. I have been watering with Cal Mag and Flora Nova Grow, flushing once a week and just giving them phd water every three days or so. Last week I Fimmed all four and started LST and just want some reasurence that things are going good! This is my first time and after a ton of research Iam still a bit unsure, I have been tucking fan leaves under as well. The plants don't seem right, they aren't very high, only around 6-8" but very bushy and thick it's hard to keep the fan leaves from overcrowding. Iam also noticing the odd leaf curling its tip down and I have got slight nutrient burn on a few leaves but have got it under control now. I realize dimming and doing lst is going to make them grow bushy as it creates a canopy but it seems very crowded and haven't found any similar looking plants out there. Any advice would be awesome, thanks!

2. looking good.

• Like Like x 2
  3. They look pretty healthy, could be dropping down from over watering/excess moister in the coco.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I've been watering once a day, usually a few hours after the light comes on, the top bit of the coco is dried right out by then and they feel nice and light. Been giving them 2 gallons between the four then usually another 1/2-1 gallon before I get any run off. Don't think Iam overwatering but could be a possibility! Thanks!

5. How soon should I be transplanting into my 5 gallon pots and switching to 12/12 with the hps?

6. I don't know a lot about the Hempy bucket system, but I wouldn't imagine you would need to transplant being it is hydro. How big are your pots they are in now?

7. They are in 2 Gallong fabric pots right now, only been in these for two weeks I don't think they're root bound or anything but I could see having to water twice a day with these. By the time I get home from work 24 hrs after last water, the Coco is quite dry. Was thinking with the 5 gallons I'd have to water less often but if I don't have to transplant I'd rather avoid it!

8. Honestly, I was just thinking you could bury the fab pot into a bigger one lol just fill around with coco and "double bag" it. The roots will grow threw the fabric. I have had my fab pots squished against each other and one monster plant reached it's roots into the other plant's pot. Also, have you thought about a pump on a timer?

9. I've read of guys doing that! Would be a lot easier I suppose lol I was sort of hoping to reuse these pots though but I guess they are cheap enough! I can't believe your plant dipped into another pot! Amazing what the roots will go through hey. I haven't considered a pump on a timer no, not sure how I would set that up, I'd still have to be there to vacuum up the runoff no?

10. Also, if you have room above to spare you could just set the 2 gal on top of the coco and the roots will only grow down into the 5 gal.
    Also, if you put stone or perlite in the drip tray it should raise the pot above enough to prevent root rot from the runoff.

11. Don't forget to update when you up pot them.

12. IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0295.JPG
    Actually moved them into the five gallon pots last night, thinking I'll go another week then switch to 12/12. Any idea how big these suckers are gonna get?

13. Not sure. They can stretch about half their size as they flower. I guess it really depends on how long you want to veg and how much you train them too. You can check on the breader's web site it might say how big they usually get.

14. They are gonna shoot up when you flip them, I would say double in size not half. But you'll find out soon enough man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum