FIRST GROW, Nirvana White Widow & G13 Power Skunk, ADVISE NEEDED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by spliff_scientis, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Awesome grow!

2. Thanks for stopping by Chuck_Darwin.

Mr. Farmer, I don't think I can put my tray on the floor. Because I'm doing flood and drain I'm pretty sure I have to keep the tray above the res. Please let me know if there is something I don't know. Thanks for your imput Mr. Farmer, I really appreciate it!

This is how everthing is looking now.
    [​IMG]

3. Identified a male and a female today, so I have the six females I was hoping for. :hello:

Now I have 8 plants, 6 females and 2 unknowns. I'm going to chop the unknowns tomorrow and run with my 6 ladies. I'm also going to take cuttings from my ladies for clones for my next run. I took a test cut on Wednesday to see how the process works. As of today the cutting looks good, can't see any roots yet but there isn't any wilting or drooping. I'm a little surprised considering how cool the temperature in my room is. I think I'm on my way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I'll get you guys talking soon, buds are starting to form...I think.

Yesterday was 2 weeks into flowering. Everything is looking good and going smooth so far. PH is still running a little high. Can't wait to get the RO filter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Damn straight, man. You are gonna have some serious nuggage. Don't forget to get some CalMag+ to supplement your RO water or else you will run into problems down the road.

6. holy shit spliff, things are looking tight as hell. are you sure this is your first time?:smoke:

7. 3 weeks, 1 day into flowering.

Yesterday was exactly 3 weeks into flowering. Things are looking good, buds are really starting to fill out. Take a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lookin good, how bad is the smell??

9. Thanks for you commments guys.

The stink is strong with these plants. My carbon filter seems to be getting the job done.

10. This is only your first time? I'm impressed. Nice grow man!

11. hey spliff.
    prety impressive for a first grow mate,
    Are those net pots in your table? or just reg pots?

12. Thanks for the love guys.

BUDSLiNGER, those are regular pots that I drilled holes into. They've worked out well so far, especially when I needed to remove males and rearrange the tray.

Trust me, I'm very surprised at how smooth things have gone so far. However I still have about 4+ weeks left so I can't get too confident. It's just I was a bit intimidated by everything initially and was sure there were going to be more problems. There have been a few moments but nothing serious. Keep sending the positive vibes my way and maybe I'll get lucky the whole way thru on my first try.

I guess one roadblock for my next grow would be the potential clones. I wanted to maximize my initial investment by cloning these plants. I think the temps in my veg room are too cool and the cuttings aren't rooting. Good thing I bought more seeds and can just run with those. But I'll probably need to get a heat mat for germination and future cloning.

Sorry for the long read but its great to talk about growing on this forum. I should do it more often. I've tried to keep my grow as low key as possible, its hard especially when you know a lot of smokers.

One question, what do you guys do about fan leaves blocking bud sites? I have a lot of tops fighting for light. I've tried to tuck as many as possible but some of them are the size of my hand. Should I cut them?

13. Haven't had a camera for a while. Got it back today and took a couple shot with the light on. I'll take some better pics when the light goes out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Oh man, thats got to be the Widow. It sure is packing it on. Looks spectacular.

Don't forget pics of the PowerSkunk. I'm gonna put some fresh pics of mine up tonite as well soon as the light flips on.

15. Very nice grow!!!! ​

16. looking good man, how far along are ya?

17. Thanks guys. April 1 will be exactly 5 weeks of flower.
    I don't think there any any pics here of the Power Skunk. I only ended up with 1 Power Skunk and it is far behind the 5 White Widow. So none of the Skunk pics made the final cut, hopefully soon.
    I'm guessing it will be closer to 10 weeks for the Skunk than 8 like I expect for the Widows. Not sure how I'll handle the flush considering this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]