FIRST GROW, Nirvana White Widow & G13 Power Skunk, ADVISE NEEDED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by spliff_scientis, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Thanks for the suggestions Squarepusher45.

I have been thinking about flowering sooner. I don't have as much room to flower as I hoped. After a couple runs with my current setup I think I'll have to switch things up, maybe buckets?

I'm still not at full strength nutes yet but I'm seeing some good growth. I think I'll flip some time over the weekend if things continue to go well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What I wouldn't give to have my babies up on a table like that instead of this kneeling down shit I got going on....very nice.

How is your inline working for removing heat? I think I have the same one, the 4" GrowBright scrubber package from HTG, but have mine set up with the scrubber down by the light. Been thinking bout moving it over similar to yours on a side wall with less hose in between the fan and scrubber.

3. Mr. Farmer, I'll have to let you know how the inline works in a week or so. I haven't used it during veg. I have good airflow in my veg room my flower room is sealed. I did get my fan from HTG.

4. Few questions GC, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bought this PH & EC meter:

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/TDSPHMETERPACK/HM_Com_100_and_PH_200.html

I don't think the PH meter is working properly. I've been using the liquid PH tester w/ value table. Anyone use this method? I'm running with a reservoir (15 gallon) PH around 6.5 if I'm reading this correctly. I know it should be lower but I didn't want to add too much PH down and didn't want to up my nutes too fast, around 1000ppm now. And my plants are looking good so I didn't want to mess anything up. As I transition to flower I want to make sure I have a better handle on the PH of my reservoir. My questions are:

If I can't get exact PH readings, is it better to have a PH that's low or high in the 5-7 range?
    Is it cool to check PH only when I add more water to the res?
    Should the PH meter stabilize around a small range? Mine would start at 7.9 and go down to 7.1 and continue, for example.
    Anyone use this brand meter? The EC meter seems to work well.

If anyone reading this has any insight please drop a quick message. Thanks

5. Excellent setup.

6. im enjoying your thread. i ordered 5 fem white widow (seedsman) from the attitude and received them on 2-6-09. 2/2 germ on ww and i got the 5 power skunks 4/5 germ. (saved 3 ww jus in case...) im using promix, it seems like my plants grew much faster initially than yours did. right now im only on day 10. i moved the two ww to flower after 6 days, figures a trial run was in order. plus i have read many threads about successful 12/12 from seed. im sexing the ps under 8 23w cfls. im looking forward to a smoke report from ur widows, i can already smell some funk on my plants lol-pics from day 9

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for stopping by Hawaiian Haze & jdubg23.

jdubg23, do you have a journal? I'm interested in seeing your grow.

Things are getting wild in my tray. I'm going to have to flip on Sunday. This is going to be interesting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. is that 1 or 2 of ur plants showing alternating nodes there??? woohoo!

9. jdubg23, I feel the same way. I lurk around GC so much, I wish I had more to offer. I really didn't have any info on growing before January 1, 2009, so everything seems new to me. As a matter of fact I'm not sure I can even identify alternating nodes. I've researched a bit but I'm not totally sure I know what to look for.
    I'll definitely check out your grow on the other forum, thanks again for the comments!

10. these are alternating nodes

Attached Files:

11. jdubg23, thanks for the info. I think I have located a couple alternating nodes.

I have my flowering room all setup and tonight will be my plants first with the lights out (12/12). I'll post a few pictures tonight.

Question: I think I want to set up a SCRoG. Can anyone suggest materials I can pick up at a Home Depot, Lowe's or Menards to achieve this? Thanks

12. Here's my flower setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Room looks real slick, man. Nice jungle setup.

I was thinking of trying a SCROG myself and was thinking about making a PVC pipe frame with a plastic-coated string for the grid. Would like to hang the screen somehow so it would be adjustable up and down but havent quite got that figured out yet.

Stay Green, man.

14. Thanks for checking in Mr. Farmer. A SCRoG definitely seems like the way to go for good yields with a low numbers of plants. I've read the SCRoG post under advanced growing technics multiple times but I still feel a little intimidated.
    I know I've seen a grow on here where the screen was suspended from the ceiling. If I find the journal I'll send you the link.

15. Hey guys, today is exactly 1 week into flowering. I think my plants are starting to show their sex. I'm noticing three characteristics so far, obviously male & female and something else I'm not sure of. I think I might just need to wait with these. Please let me know if there is something I'm missing.

These look like males to me.
    [​IMG]

These look like females.
    [​IMG]

Not sure about these.
    [​IMG]

BTW Mr. Farmer, the carbon filter and fan are keeping my room nice and cool.

Can someone recommend a R/O Filter? My PH is running high, I think because of my tap water. I want to hookup a R/O Filter to my hose in the basement. I've checked eBay but there was a lot offered, not exactly sure what I need. Thanks

16. #58 Mr. Farmer, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    Good to hear about the fan. I'm gonna have to switch mine up after this run. What's your temps like outside the room?

I started flowering my PSkunks 2 days ago, so not far behind you. What's your stretch like so far?

Oh yeah, I've seen some good threads with old pros talking bout R/O units. Pretty sure it was Rumple and Jim Dunlop. I'll see if I can't find those.

17. Since I'm in a basement it's not hot outside of my room. However when I had the 600w HPS on before I had the fan on the room got to 85+ degrees. Now the room stays at about 72 degrees.

I've seen a lot of growth the past few days. I don't have a lot of room to move my HPS up. How long can I expect them to continue to grow?

I had to cut down 4 of my plants this morning. Even though I don't want males it was hard since I've babied these plants for the past 6 weeks. So I have 9 plants left, 5 confirmed females, 4 not showing sex yet. Very close to my goal of 6 six females out of 13 plants.

18. #60 Mr. Farmer, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    From what I've read in other threads about the PSkunk, it's some stretchy stuff. I want to say Gizmoes was some 6 feet tall, but that was under CFLs. You could always put the tray on the floor or cut your legs down some couldn't you? Your back might not like it, but your plants sure would. Bigger plants, bigger buds!!

I started looking for that R/O thread, but can't find it. I'll keep looking though. It had exactly which one to buy and reasons why, etc.

Edit: I can't find it, but it's out there somewhere. Ask Rumple, he'll tell you straight out. http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html