FIRST GROW, Nirvana White Widow & G13 Power Skunk, ADVISE NEEDED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by spliff_scientis, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Well, after looking at the pots, I don't think they will be big enough to flower in.

But if you are gonna scrap the drip system, I would just get some 3 gallon grow bags, & a bag of rockwool, & put all the plants in the rockwool & hand water them.

You cant use the hydroton without some sort of constant moisture. Once the roots grow out the rockwool cubes into the hydroton, they will dry out very quickly & die without having constant moisture on them.

I grow 35 plants in 3 gallon grow bags with just rockwool as the medium. I also hand water, but I have a strong pump & some tubing that makes watering a breeze.

2. Clean setup you got going here. Looks like we're in for a treat. I watched that video of the green guy building his setup...

What makes me wonder is... what if someone used photoshop and colored him back to normal... he'd totally give his cover away. I guess he was high when he thought of his costume for the video. :smoke:

3. Thanks chillmode, I am definitely working hard to keep my setup as clean as possible.

Despite my mini freak-out the other day my babies are looking good. However the experience did lead me to purchase more seeds today. My 13 babies are all the seeds I had, so I kind of put all my eggs in one basket.

So I placed an order with Attitude today for my future grows. Here's what I got:
    (5) Greenhouse Seeds Himalayan Gold [Feminized]
    (5) Greenhouse Seeds Train Wreck [Feminized]
    (5) Greenhouse Seeds Kings Kush [Feminized]
    Freebies:
    (5) G13 Power Skunk
    (1) White Widow [Feminized]
    (1) Pure Power [Feminized]

I have to say I'm excited, I've heard a lot of good things about Greenhouse genetics. Anyone have any insight into the strains I just ordered?

4. Good Job!!!

Feminized seeds are the way to go. Though they are a bit more pricey, but not having to sex saves valuable time.

Greenhouse has some very good genetics as well. I grew some of their Neville's Haze. It was a really good strain, but being mostly Sativa, I didn't like the 10 week flowering period. It was some killer herb though.

5. I'm definitely looking forward to getting these seeds. Determining sex is still something I'm not totally confident about. That confidence will only come when I do it for the first time.
    It will be nice to get feminized seeds, what are the percentages for getting females? I would imagine they don't guarantee 100% females. Is it true there is a greater chance for hermies with feminized seeds?

6. looks great man, im hoping to learn a good a amount about this method of growing. so ill be watching til the end bro.

7. I have NEVER got a male or hermie plant from feminized seeds.

When you germinate them, & after they sprout, keep the temps somewhat cool, & use light with a lot of the blue spectrum in it to pretty much guarantee female plants.

8. Thanks for the info CannabisMaximus and thanks for checking things out greenthumb245.

Plants look like they are growing nicely. Still hand-watering twice a day with 1/2+ strength nutes (Lucas Formula). Should be at full strength nutes on Monday, three times a day, hopefully flood and drain. Feeling good but I know I have a long way to go!

Plants are 18 days old, from sprout.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nice....they look healthy.

Keep it up.

10. Has anyone drilled holes in plastic pots instead of using a net pots? Well that's what I did. Don't know if it will work but I'm going to give it a try. I wanted to use the supplies I already had on hand and this is what I came up with. I know it isn't ideal.

The flood and drain seems to work well. I set that up today. I'm going to cover the drain in the picture with hydroton tomorrow. The plan is for 3x a day with full strength nutes until March 1, when I flip to 12/12.

The pots will allow me to sex the plants, remove males and then rearrange the tray. I read on GC where a grower moved around pots during flood without harming the roots. If I get 6/13 ladies in this group I will be very pleased. In the future I will only deal wih clones or feminized seeds to avoid this, lesson learned.

22 days old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. your plants are looking good spliff, good shit. i hope my first grow starts off this well. how are things going with nutes, lucas formula, ph and all that stuff?

12. Thanks vegajr27, I have been having some issues with nutes. I think I pushed my plants too much and burned them. Still trying to figure everything out. This was my first time using a PH & EC meter and it took some getting accustomed. The General Hydroponics FAQs page has been very helpful.

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/faqstrength.html

13. fresh setup, imma watch.

14. Thanks for stopping by comeoriginal740.

Just wanted to let you guys know I received my Attitude order today, exactly 1 week and 1 day after I ordered. Can't beat that. Attitude is definitely the way to go.

[​IMG]

I can't wait to grow the Himalayan Gold, check out the strength, according to Attitude:
    "A very creative high! Good for inspiration, meditation, pain relief and for arts & craft."

Sorry for the quality, pic was taken with my iPhone.

15. Very nice Spliff....Those ladies look healthy!!!

The stems look nice & thick already. Skunk strains can give you some amazing yields. Most of em' have a fast flowering time as well.

That bud in my sig is from a Shiva Skunk.

BTW....how tall are you gonna grow em'??

16. loookin great...quick question tho i plan on orderin seeds from attitude anyday now, but am curious about there shipping...which shipping method did you use and please please tell me your in the US any one i talked to about them has not been from the states n even better i hope u on the east coast

17. So that's what the Power Skunk looks like standing straight up....nice start man. Clean setup as well. My Power Skunks are laying flat on their back under a serious LST, will be cool to compare.

18. Thanks for checking things out guys, been a little quiet. Understandable, things have been rolling fairly smooth.

CannabisMaximus, thinking about flipping to 12/12, March 1. Don't want the tray to get too crowded. I know it will thin out once I can take out the males. I'll post a pic soon of my flowering room. Do you think I should flip sooner?
    Looking at my tray (2'x4'), how many plants would I want in there for a SOG? Once I get clones, I think I might want to do that next time.

bdots1979, I picked GUARANTEED INTERNATIONAL STEALTH. I am in USA, not east coast though. I've placed two orders with Attitude and have had no problems.

Mr. Farmer, thanks for stopping by. I imagine there is a lot of Power Skunk being grown right now.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate all comments.

19. Those plants all look super nice and your doing good so far, however... even if you get only 6 females your grow space is gonna be way to small if there all kept in that small tray. You ought to go straight to 12x12 now or you'll have a jungle

I'm growing 3 power skunk and my god there enourmous. I started them into flower when they were 24 inches tall. Each one is now nearly 7 foot tall and 3 feet around, and at 5 weeks into flower, prolly got 6 more weeks of flower yet. And all in a 4x5x8 closet. Got each one of mine in a 5 gal bucket with an airstone. No way any flat tank like that gonna hold them up by itself. Even in buckets I have em all tied up and bent over to keep em under the lights.
    GL tho your doing good for a 1st timer!!:yay: