First Grow, needing a liitle help to piece it all together

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 9, 2014.

1. The f1 seeds are looking nice my friend :)
    The bottem left one is also looking like its picking up a lot. Looking good buddy :D lets hope the others start to turn around too.
    have a good day. :bongin:

2. #64 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    They are looking better, i gotta admit that now ive started taking daily pics!

The 2 bagseed on the right i had to flush this afternoon, starting to get nute burn on the next set of leaves up!
    Pretty sure its because i used a handful of un-flushed multi purpose when i repotted as i ran out of compost that i had flushed through before use.
    Then i gave them a feed yesterday which took them over the edge. (Nutes are only at 25-30% small plant dose)

On the upside i checked runoff and its at 6.5 so thats good lol!

Ive replaced the carbon scrubbers on the fans today with an ONA bucket, for better air airflow as im gonna downgrade to quieter extractor fans so i can leave them running 24/7!
    Ive got gel crystals, just waiting on ona concentrate in post, its not a biggy as there are no smells yet (unless you stick ya nose on the leaves and there is a mild tastey smell :) )

I used a 2L paint kettle (its just a miniature plastic bucket) picked a few up from market for £0.49 each ($0.70) thought it was quite fitting... Gotta chuckle at the little things right? Lol

Oh, i had a closer inspection of the screwed up plant too.... Its not screwed up at all, its the one i damaged way back, it has split to 3 stems and they are all that close together that the leaves cant grow straight lol! I hope it turns out female, look like it might be a good yield if it pops 3 main colas!!

3. nice, yeah, 24-7 in veg gives great growth.. I still waiting to see if mine is f or m.. only been couple days of 12 12 so hope it works out..I HOPE Its female hahahahaha.

4. #67 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    I meant to leave the fans running for extra airflow at night.

Im leaving lights on 12/12, they've had a bad enough start as it is, not going to stress them by changing the light schedule again.

But I'm already planning what to do different with my next grow already! Will be going straight into final pots after germ, 18/6 lighting, 2 plants only...

Still making the list out, but planning to blow the ass off this 'balls up' of a grow lmao
    No, its not a balls up... Its the very best way of learning, from ones mistakes!

5. #68 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 15, 2014
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Tried to get a closer pic of no.3 to show the forked stem...
    After another close inspection, it only has 2 growing tops!
    1st is coming up to the left in this pic and the 2nd going away from the camera.
    What i thought was a 3rd top (to the right) is actually just a leaf set!

6. It was a little on the cool side last night with the fans running all night, temps dropping to below 20C (68F).
    So ive put them back on the timer to run 15mins on, 60mins off just to replace the air through the night which should keep the temp up again!

They may not be ready to show sex yet, (what i originally thought were pre-flowers are in fact the stipules coming through) but they have started to smell pretty awsome!

The elastic band broke that was holding the ona bucket lid on this morning after i moved it, i didnt realise at the time.
    I went back in the room after about 20 mins and the distinctive smell is there!

It was quite mild, a pleasingly sweet MJ smell that had a Cherry air freshener scent to it (like a Yankee candle)...
    Strange yet very pleasing!

Hope that ona concentrate turns up soon, the carbon ive put in the bucket as a 'make do' wont be effective if they start to smell much stronger!

7. It is great that you have confirmation that the PH pen is still working, and have the run off in the right area. If you are really worried about the smell you will eventually need some sort of inline fan with a carbon filter. I tried a home made DIY ONA bucket and it worked great for a while, but once the plants got to a certain point it just smelled liked ONA mixed with weed. And that was only 3 plants that weren't even flipped to 12/12 yet.

8. #71 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 15, 2014
    I have a proper carbon canister filter and TT100 extractor that i was using in my tent before i moved the plants into the cab, im already using 100mm ducting on the exhaust from the cab so would only be a 2 min job to swap the ona bucket out for the inline extractor and canister filter!

I have space to do that if need be, should still be reasonably quiet too.
    I think i would use a bathroom extractor fan instead though, nearly ~530Cuft/min might be a little excessive on a 3.5CuFt cab (lol, thats 151x cab volume p/min)

Edit:
    Thinking out loud...
    i might get away with just the pc fans running the carbon canister, i was having static pressure problems with the pc fan filters. But the canister would be ~14x the surface area might have low enough resistance for pc fans to work ok!

Might give it a test run on Mon and keep an eye on the cab temps!

9. image.jpg

SM showing some signs of overwatering since yesterday, doent seem too bad, its only showed on the bottom set of leaves!
    Pots were all feather light when i watered, go figure!

10. Sub'd in. A few weeks ahead of you on my first grow! They look great, planning on topping or training? Sorry if a repeat question but I didn't read all comments.

My posts are either hypothetical, theoretical, or fiction. All pictures and claims are stolen or false. This form of communication is for entertainment purposes only.

11. #74 AmatureProGro, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    that fan leave will probably turn into a cola. I'm guessing you went 12/12 right away?

Here are the two of mine that are doing best (5 weeks in soil from seedling) one has 6 colas. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394989416.528861.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394989436.372591.jpg

My posts are either hypothetical, theoretical, or fiction. All pictures and claims are stolen or false. This form of communication is for entertainment purposes only.

12. Hey dude, welcome to the party :D
    You will wanna check out Grandsouls journal too then, him and i both started within a week of each other! Hes on a pc micro grow!
    (I'll drop a link in the next post for ya!)

Not sure yet, may just leave this grow to it since i have more plants than i was expecting to have by this point! Was expecting to loose most of the bagseed but they clawed there way back to life!

I may do something with the F1s yet, been thinking of everything really SOG, SCROG(out the window cos of how many plants and how little space), topped &/or LST.... But it will come down to how things play out as they progress (just playing it by ear)
    I might top one and leave one when they are a bit older, still not really sure! As its first grow they may just be left to it yet lol!

Although they will need sexing yet, so its still possible i may loose most of my plants anyway!

Heres a quick run down to bring you up to speed:

The 4 bagseed are 44 days from seed today:
    1 - left front
    2 - left rear
    3 - right front (accidentally damaged as a seedling, has 2 tops now)
    4 - right rear

The F1s are 18 days from seed:
    EB - centre rear (Early Bud)
    SM - centre front (Swiss Miss)

Had temp problems with the bagseed early on which is why they are nearly a month behind growth wise!

Setup:
    Lights - 4x 125w CFL (2 red, 2 blue)
    Cab - 13x13x30" stealth cab. They were originally in a 60x60x120cm tent in the barn out back (which is why i had temp issues)
    Fans - 2x 120mm intake, 2x 120mm circulating, 2x 120mm extractor
    Filter - 2litre DIY ona bucket (may go back to a carbon canister if needed)
    Nutes - Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect, (Grow, Bloom, Micro)

13. #76 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  14. They look pretty good duder, i take it they were topped?

Sry, yes mine were 12/12 off the bat!

15. Yeah I play it by ear. Top train. Whatever. They seem to speak to ya.

16. #80 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    Pretty good update for you all this evening!

Been out most of the day and came home with this: image.jpg
    Ok, so its a bit too big for using in my stealth cab, but a bargin is a bargin!

More importantly, i'm pretty sure i have at least 2 females now.... ( please feel free to correct me if im wrong)

No.1
    image.jpg

And No. 4
    image.jpg