First Grow, needing a liitle help to piece it all together

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Haven't checked my plants for 4 days, just been to water them this morning....

Holy crap!!!!

They look like small plants now, Woohoo

I'm thinking it was the water retention of the compost that was the biggest problem now!
    I still admit temp range is anything but ideal, but there is some activity happening now.

image.jpg

2. very nice man, looking a lot better! You should really transplant them into there own pots before its too late, you dont want them to get knotted together and then have to try to separate them and kill them
    Looking a lot better, and yeah, the water retention probably the biggest problem.. try to get temps under control to :3...Looking good brotha :D Glad to see some improvements.

3. Thanks man :)
    You cant see in the pic but i thought of them getting tangled and added a piece of plastic to divide the tub, i don't expect it to to completely stop root travel just help to keep them separated enough to avoid excessive root damage!

I will be getting them moved to their own pots when i move them into the new cab...
    Got a couple of light leaks to fix and still waiting on carbon to arrive! But i'm moving the cab into place today and will be test running it with 4x 125w CFLs so i can get the temps stable before moving! (The 300w bulbs were about 1" too long to fit in the cab, sods law!)

Yea, the soil was defiantly the main problem as I haven't changed anything else yet!

4. #44 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    Well ph meter turned up today,
    Tested all the soils in various spots.... Between 5.9 and 6.!
    So its just about right, wont be messing with it at anyrate for a while.

One last thing, the 2 biggest are beginning to show sex!
    Still too early to tell for sure, but I'm thinking one defiantly looks more 'female' like than the other does...

5. Update, i didn't mean showing sex.... I meant pre-flowers are starting to come through

6. Now i have the Stealth cab in place and test run for a couple of days to get temps dialed in, i have now repotted my plants and moved them into their new home!

The 2 larger plants on the left and on the right are the bagseed, which are 36 days from seed today.

The 2 in the centre are F1 seeds, 'Early Bud' at the back and 'Swiss Miss' at the front which are both 10 days from seed.

image.jpg

7. #47 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    Update since repotting this am...

Cab temp at plant level varies from 26-31C (78-88F) depending on the ambient room temp! With ambient temp at 10C (50F) the cab temp is a stable 28C (82F).

I watered the plants in when they were repotted (were about ready for watering anyway) left them for a coulpe of hours and then tested soil ph which is around 5.5.... Will leave them to get on with it until next watering and then use water ajusted to 7.0.

Thinking that the pale lime colouring might be beginnings of a Mag lockout! Until i repotted and watered ph was 5.9-6.1 (Any thoughts peeps?)

8. Brother those are small for 36 days from seed

let's focus our discussion today on marijuwana mmkay? marijuwana has a very distinct smell mmkay? Now I'm going to pass around a tiny bit and I want you all to take a smell so you know when someone is smoking marijuwana near you.. *bongin*

(ï¿£.ï¿£) gotta love Mr macky.

9. When I get off work I will post some pics of mine for you. Mine are only 3 weeks 4 days from seed and I am using cfl.

let's focus our discussion today on marijuwana mmkay? marijuwana has a very distinct smell mmkay? Now I'm going to pass around a tiny bit and I want you all to take a smell so you know when someone is smoking marijuwana near you.. *bongin*

10. #50 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    Yep, the 4 bagseed are seriously stunted, first 2-3 weeks i had temp problems really fubar'd em (lows of 10C (50F) at night and that was with heat pad in the tent!) was putting them in a coma overnight lol

The 2 in the centre are catching them up at 10 days and they haven't been below 20C (68F) yet!

Now my temps are much higher all the time i'm hoping that they will pick up and just about bounce back as the new ones catch them up!

[edit] Also gonna start posting day by day pic for comparisons! [/edit]

11. Here is what mine look like at 3 weeks 4 days from seed

Attached Files:

12. And you have a couple atleast another month before any pre-flowers show through

13. They look crap loads better than mine, i had been worring about them for a while but didnt have anywhere indoors to put them until i got stealth cab built!

Boo, they must just be more nodes forming then.
    They have been under 12/12 more or less from seedling, was just assuming they were preflowers :(

14. Why don't you just build a grow tent out of pvc I made one and the frame itself only cost $9.78

And I already had panda. I stopped with the stealth cabs cause I went through 5 and not a one of them a success

15. startin too look better man, good job. Your f1 seeds are looking good, I have a feeling they are going to start to kick your bag seeds ass hahaha
    lookin good bro ;) AND YAY, finally cab is together haha.

16. Lol, yea just a bit... Early Bud (EB) and Swiss Miss (SM) are totally kicking bagseed ass!

17. #58 Stoned_Stew_UK, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    image.jpg

Todays pic

[edit] pots were feather light so i have done my first PH'ed watering at 6.8-6.9.
    At last testing they were at 5.9-6.1, but the pots were too dry to get an accurate pre-water reading this morning! Hopefully bringing the ph up will start to fix their paleness?[/edit]

image.jpg

18. Yay! Looking a lot better again, every post you post, seems to be getting better, I am happy for you :D.
    your middle plants are gonna kick those other ones ass's hahahahah :DDD. Hope all is well bro,