First Grow - need tips.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jonbonesknows14, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Good day all! I have a single Auto Flower Haze growing under a single 150w HPS. I have attached a couple pics to show where I'm at. I just need to know if i just prune her a little or lollipop or whatever should be done to possibly thin her out to make sure I get the most possible quality bud out of her.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good! IMO I would just leave her be, good looking plant you got there :) I'm also on my first grow, gettin some autos soon :) keep up the good work ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #4 jonbonesknows14, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    I decided to pull off the base set of fans (the ones with 3 leafs) and also the set below with just a single leaf at the end of the stem. Looks like the early stages of a lolipop. Then i tucked all of the upper main fan leaves under the internal growth. she looks happy so far. Ill post more pics tomorrow and keep it updated as I go.

Edit - Hahah sorry i saw your post right after i sent mine! I hope i didnt fuck her up too bad.

4. Nah she looks fine to me! I'm also on my first grow, femd ww 8 days into 12/12...what you think??
    Subbed in :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412492018.353521.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412492038.005115.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412492056.654048.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412492073.984131.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412492091.983545.jpg

5. I remember my first auto grow outdoors. I popped the seeds into a pot in June sat back and enjoyed the bud in August!! I remember my first grow indoors under a single 150W HPS lamp that just kept the plant growing..... I watered and fertilized and waited.....was a Afghani Kush landrace that plant made my parents house smell so much haha... As far as autos, let her just grow and be careful because some ruderalis plants don't take fertilizing very well.....

6. I wish my plant spaced out a bit more. the nodes are like 1/4 of an inch apart and shes just bushing out like crazy. I was wondering if that was something I did that stunted or maybe thats just the genetics.

7. Well I'm just testing this out...the little one has been on 12/12 it's whole life lol ! Just going to see the difference and see what happens lol :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412530375.471548.jpg

8. I have a autoflower that is the same way super bushy and tight nodes I figure it isn't a bad thing. I transplanted mine though which I guess they arnt a fan of.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Dude you want your nodes as tight as you can get them. When she starts to flower the internodal space will stretch. If your nodes are close you get nice dense buds. If they are far apart you get empty stem between your buds. It also reduces the quality of your lower buds. Looks like you already topped... you shouldn't top an auto. They have a finite lifespan. They will flower on the day their genetics tell them to and die the same way. Any stunting or shock to the plant will affect your final yield. Do not remove any leaves from an auto or top / FIM.You can LST or use a screen to get multiple tops without causing any stunting. Be careful with watering and feeding. These plants have genetics in them that are adapted to the arctic circle so give them as much light as your wallet allows and only water / feed when she shows signs of needing it.

10. Hey, I'm now 2 and a half weeks into flower and they seem to be looking lush :) what do you guys think? Happy growing gcers :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413374785.585289.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413374818.519021.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413374864.689723.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413374893.590351.jpg

11. This reply is all IMO, I am a first time grower too so correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there anyway that you can bring the light closer to the plant without raising the leaves surface temperature? Kinda looks like it is stretching for the light and not filling in.