First Grow need tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ninjaman142, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Whats up guys i am trying to get a outdoor set up and have germinated some bagseeds and got 4 sprouts. i planted 3 of them in jiffypeat pots and the other with soil from my backyard so far one has broke soil. I recently got access to a cottage in parry sound and will be going up this weekend (its about 2 hours north of toronto) will it be to cold up there to plant? its around 6 c or 43 f now. also i will only be able to go up about once a month can the plants survive on there own or are there ways i can help the plants go longer without me watering them? i was thinking about moving 2 of the plants up there and planting them about 100 meters incase ones herm or male. any inputs much appreciated.

2. I was always taught not to plant anything outdoors before May. It's still a little too cold, and you risk the chance of frost killing your seedlings. Can you veg them under CFLs for a month or so?

Once a month won't be enough to get a good crop. Cannabis is a very resilient plant, unless something eats it, it will survive outdoors. You just might not get a great yield. You could try a drip irrigation system, but visiting only once a month isn't going to be ideal.

For pollen, 100m definitely isn't going to stop pollination from occuring if one is male and allowed to flower.

3. 43 is too cold. Plants grow without human care all the time, but they also die all the time too so it's a gamble whether or not the environment is suitable. Or safe. Deer apparently like to get high too.

4. thanks for the replys how can i make drip irrigation system? also i am now going veg for abit i keep the plants under a light at night and out side during the day to get them used to the great outdoors also what soil should i use? i know it has to have a ph of around 6 and have ph test strips and i was going to dig a couple holes in the native soil and fill it with soil the plants will like