First grow, need some tips (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WillietheBunny, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Here are some pictures of our first grow. We have 2 26w 6500K in the lamps an 1 23w that shines more orange light, that I had lying around, in the ceiling. The temp goes from 22-28c and the humidity stays around 60%. I have them on 18hrs light 6hrs dark.

The 2 in the green container are 1week and the other 2 are only a few days old.

Any tips would be very welcomed!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      63.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      70.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      61.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Go ahead and drop those light about 12" from your babies...
    Once they are a little older you can get them as close as 8"
    but fer now 12" would be good, nice job keeping the soil low at this point, once they stretch you can fill em up and cover the stretch...

3. #3 joeyW821, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    First thing I can tell you is that it seems like your CFLs are way to far away. Since CFLs do not create a great deal a heat, the rule of thumb is to keep them about 1 in away from the top of the plant, this will help keep the plants energy into growing out and up, and not just up towards the light. My setup attached.

EDIT: also just a personal preference along with a lot of other people, might want to keep it on a 24/0 schedule to give more grow time, my plants love it. And for the picture, the lights hanging higher are 2700k 36 watt lights just for additional light.

Attached Files:

4. First of all you need to drop your lights closer. The first few days check the quality of the soil so you know how close or how far you need them. The soil shouldn't be too dry because that will rob all of the nutrients from it. Make sure your soil is wet but not to the point were you can put your hand on the top and feel a lot of water. If you feel the water don't sweat it but don't do it often cause you will drown you plant.

5. dude dont you think your lights are a bit far off the plant?

6. Thank you for the great tips, I moved the lights alot closer this morning and I can already tell it's better. Also the two older plants were planted in the wrong kind of soil. Would it be possible to transplant them into the right soil that i have now. And when would be a good time to do it, they are 1 week now.

I hope that made sense, just smoked :smoke:

7. the sooner the better... ;)