First grow, need some serious advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KidKid1950, Nov 18, 2007.

1. I am going to be starting my first grow and was looking for some tips. I have been reading for a while and getting down all the basics but I am still at a loss. I want this to be a stealth grow and really only want to start off with one or two plants.

The space I have is about 5 feet in height, 3 in width and 3 feet in depth. I will probably be using Lowrider 2. It seems like a much more newb friendly strain.

The main problem I am having is deciding on what type of grow to do. Aeroponics, Hydroponics or Normal soil. I was also looking into some pre made systems.

Bubbleponics:
    http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=2&xSec=2

Bucketeer:
    http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=93&xSec=24

I was wondering what all of you who have been doing this for a while suggest. Should I build my own, and if so what type? Or should I order one to learn the basics before I start really getting into it.

Thanks for any tips or information.

2. I say for your firstgrow just do soil...trust me. And just read, read, read, and use search questions cause the answe to your questions are already on this board somewheres. But if you do need questios that you don't find answered then feel free to ask.

3. It sounds like you have adequate space for your grow.

The main reaon to go with low ryder is when you have limited height in your grow space. You have plenty. I would go with something like Northern Lights. Pretty easy first time grow.

When I started growing, I actually did my first grow hydroponically. Turned out pretty well, but for me it is just too finiky. Especially for a novice grower. I now grow in soil, although I do use an aeropnic cloner. Love it. But, as for actually growing, I would recommend that you try soil first and then graduate to hydro or aero. Just my opinion, but I am much happier now with my soil grows than I was with my hydro grows. Just so much less hassle.

If you want to go hydro or aero, I would recommend building your own system. That way you can customize it to your needs. They are really not complicated pieces of equipment. There are plenty of plans on this and other sites to guide you in the process. And, building your own is much cheaper and you can get most of the setup from the big box stores. For instance, you can probably build a DWC for less than $20.

Good luck.

4. I just checked out the two systems you are looking at. Sorry, I should have done that before I posted the last time. They are both fine systems. Pretty standard stuff that can be made from things found at the box stores. Prices aren't too bad, but you could definately build them for less.

Also, the light setup in the first package is probably crap. They don't even tell you the wattage. Probably kicking out 100W (both bulbs combined) max. Which, isn't enough for six plants. Lights are one of the most important factors in a succesful grow. You definately don't want to skimp on those.

5. Hey, got another question. I was wondering when I start building my grow cabinet if I need an intake fan? I am going to be using CFL lights and have an exhaust fan. From what I understand intake fans are mainly to help with hotter type of lights. Should I just put a small stand alone fan inside the cabinet? The problem I would have with an intake fan is my house is really dusty and so is my area. I live by an airport and a highway. You dust one day and by the end of the day everything is covered in tons of dust again. I don't know if the dust would harm the plant.

Also what type of soil/nuets do you use? I have read lots and everyone seems to have a different approach.