First grow, need some help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Novajx123, Sep 17, 2017.

1. So I decided to grow my own autoflower for my pain management. I'm growing in a one gallon container. I drilled holes in the bottom (probably stupid and shoulda bough a proper pot)

Growing in FFOF soil (NL auto)
    FF Bloom organic nutes and 1 tsp cal mag every other feeding.
    Temps stay 73 degrees with a fan for breeze. Growing under 70w full spectrum leds just for one plant at a time.

I don't know the PH, I have a Ph reader coming that I ordered. First grow around 3 weeks right as my first pistils showed I get these weird reddish spots all over my mid fan leaves and they wilt and turn yellow. I will post pics. Everything looks great until around day 24 over night this shows up. Horrible yields. I'm not sure whether to start over , flush. I bought what I could as it got expensive. Should have been testing PH, stupid mistake. Anyway I can save this ? Thanks, will.

Attached Files:

2. I need to know exactly what I'm doing to ruin these plants, very frustrating. Hoping the PH tester comes sooner than later. Water I've been using is just normal ozarka spring water. Adding the FF bloom and cal mag. Only at recommended dosage.

3. It does not look like a ph issue to me...
    Hard to see, but it looks like the start of nutrient burn...
    Your daytime temp is low as well, average chamber temp should be 75* to 78*F and no more than a 10* drop in night time temp (65*F).....

Low temps with high nutrients will cause leaf curling and the leaves will start to get brown spots..

4. Thank you! I just realized the branches are a little purple as well. Should I flush asap and then start nutes 1/4 strength next feeding ? I'm hoping I can still get a decent yield out of this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. looks like cal def to me. autos can handel cooler temps due to the ruderallis in them being from russia. hence the quick grow time.

pot could have been a bit bigger.

do you have a full pic of the plant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. nute burns genrally start at the tips

also ffof isnt the best for autos

7. Also included some better pics of the problems I'm having with the fan leaves.I was trying to do a micro grow I guess you could say do to limited space. Might just get a 1 gallon pot and start over. It's stretching a bit now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Nothing I have done as far as upping the cal mag slightly has helped, yellow leaves are yellow this morning. Other leaves continue to wilt and just look pissed off.

9. its fine looks good its doing well in the 1gal pot tho not flowering yet so how old is she. also id add a lil cal mag she shouldnt be def in nute with ffof it tends to burn but shes looking good tbh with you im guessing this is first grow id continue to let her grow and finish the grow the first grow is always one that dont go the best but you learn so much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. keep with the cal mag and what water are you using tap, ro, distilled, well ect ect

11. I have been using ozarka spring water. Cal mag dosing I have Been using is 1 teaspoon per
    Gallon. Fox farm bloom dosage is at 1 tablespoon per gallon.

12. Also, she is about 25 days old, give or take a day or two. All
    Those spots just kinda freaked me out as it happened over night.
    And yes, this is my first grow. Did tons of reading months before I started and have learned the most actually growing, just couldn't figured this out and what was happening.

13. I used to use ffof and for the first 4-6 weeks I didn't feed and after only micro and bloom ebsom salt and Cali mag no need for growth nutes I mixed 50/50 with perlite and ffof soil you only need 1 part Cal mag ratio, 2 parts micro and 3 parts bloom and 1/5 tsp ebsom salt.... Ppm 750-900max every other watering so apparently 3 days water plain pH water and next time feed same feeding the entire grow I used reverse osmosis water as well you can use distilled water as well and pH to 5.9-6.5 but 6.2 is ideal for autoflowers I used 7-10 gallon fabric pots and general hydroponics nutes only the 3 I mentioned plus regular old ebsom salt... My average yeild under led was 3-4 but I ended up with a Northern lights x big bud a couple grams short of a half pound with this same soil formula feeding schedule

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

14. To me that looks like possibly a little low on nitrogen and maybe some cal/mag.

Yellowing leaves towards the bottom of a veg plant is usually nitrogen deficiency.

15. Are your plants still in beer cups?

Take several full plant pictures and post them. Single leaf pictures just don't work for advice.

J

16. 3-5 gallon pots

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk