First grow need some advices

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brahmadavid, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Hello so i have 4 plants that i want to switch to 12/12,they are all showing white hairs,topped them 9 days ago...but because i was affraid anything might happen to them, a month ago i also planted another 3.is it too early for them to be switched to 12/12? in the last 2 pics u ll see the 3 lil ones. thank you

Attached Files:

2. It doesn't look like you have enough light for 7 plants. You can put any plant into flower but the plant won't flower until it's mature enough. Good luck with your grow and welcome.

3. true i supposed that so ordered another one similar with what i have now but its on the way.its a 600w viparspectra.will 2 of those be enough?and how would i know if the plant is mature enough?

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is mine 4 1/2 weeks old and for me they need another week or two before I switch to flower
    [​IMG]

5. looks great what lights you using?

6. 2 - 300 W leds

7. How tall is your tent? I wouldn't bud those yet. They're too small. You're only going to get an ounce or two off of a plant that small. Keep vegging and training for a few more weeks. You want to be almost running out of room. I can see way too much floor in there.

When I have my tents going good you can't even see the floor from the top of the canopy. Is that a 4x4?

Can't really tell you if you have enough light not knowing the size of your grow space. You want at least 30-40 watts per square foot for flower. That's actual watts not rated watts. The viparspectra 600w is a 276 watt led. If you have two of those you have 552 watts total. 4x4 is 16sq. ft. 552 watts / 16 sq ft = 34.5watts per square. I think that's pretty good. It could be higher but it's not bad. I've ran as high as 47 watts per square with platinum led but with my newest quantum boards I'm only running around 35 watts a square for flower.

8. For a first grower it is hard to tell when to switch to flower, I said 1 or 2 weeks but it could be 3 or 4 more weeks... My goal is to get at least 1oz. per plant so with my 3 plants in a 3 X 3 I hope to yield 3oz. but I have no idea how big the plants should be to get there.. so I will keep going till like you say I get near full tent...

9. yes its a 4x4. so you would reccomend vegging them a few more weeks,even the bigger ones?
    thanks for explaining

10. I started out budding early like that because everyone said that the plants will triple in size. Well, with led lighting not so much. They maybe get 50% taller. Yeah they double or triple in volume but not height.

Small plants make small yields. My first crop I budded way larger then that and I only got 8oz's from 4 plants. Every crop after that the plants have gotten larger and larger. Now I'm only budding 2 plants in the 4x4. I got 2 pounds last run from about 750 watts. I have to hang the lights from the ceiling supports and supercrop the tallest tops so they don't burn. That's how you get big yields, or that's a factor for sure, plant size.

This is the last plant I put in flower. Looks a bit different then yours. This is vegged about 10 weeks in promix/perlite fed with gh nutrients, mostly Floranova bloom. Crystal (white widow x northern lights) in a 7 gallon smart pot. Vegged with a 90 watt CLW vegmaster 110. I got 15oz's from her of the densest bud I've ever seen. It's like a bag of rocks.

IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0620.JPG
    This plant was 12oz's. blue dream in a dwc bucket. The message is veg longer.
    IMG_0541.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. thanks man,will def let them veg longer.another thing i am confused about...is it ok or better if i keep my leds with the bloom switch on also while they are vegging or should i turn the bloom switch on only when i will flower them?i read some keep them both veg+bloom on from the beggining some not...so i dont know what to do

12. Any led with a veg/bloom switch turns off a good portion of the leds to change the spectrum. I learned this trying to veg with my p450 platinum. It was a great light in bloom but in veg I was like, WTF? Looking up the specs I find out that's it's only 137 watts in veg. It's 255 in bloom. The viparspectra is similar. It's also a blue leaning led in general I've heard. I would veg with it in full spectrum so you get full power. You'll get much faster growth with double the power then a slightly better spectrum.

13. so now let me ask you this:) if you said 2x 600w led would be slightly good for my 4x4 tent....what would be actually great and like the best for that size to make sure i also get a big yield.and how long do you usually flower them ?

14. Flower time depends on strain. 8 weeks is my shortest and 14 weeks is longest.

This is what I run in my 4x4 and I feel like it's the best setup you can buy right now. 2 of these. Still in stock too.. wow. They sell out like hotcakes. I run a 3500k and a 3000k.
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit

Last grow I added one of those lights and ran it next to a platinum p900. I went from. .8g per watt to 1.2 by adding one of those leds. 20oz's to 2 pounds. Densest bud I've ever seen. Now I have two of them and the second will replace the p900. 608 samsung 561c s6 bin diodes on that light saber. It's only running about 250 watts and the platinum is 515.
    IMG_0684.JPG

15. Your plants are beasts!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks. Funny thing is I had a bad spider mite infestation you can see in that last crop if you zoom in but I got my best yield ever. I think mostly because of that qb260 light and some knowhow. DWC and promix/perlite smartpot hydro FTW.

17. Not trying to put you down but if I look at your plants they represent the plant material that takes up about 1/4 of that 2nd pic up plant. They are like 3 branches. Veg those mofos way longer I would say. Finish them in 7 gallon pots. Fabric pots > plastic by a mile. Plenty of perlite is always key. 20% is my goal when I mix a medium.

18. the bigger ones you mean? well they were much dense but when i topped them i also cutted alot of fan leaves out of them.was that bad?

19. I remove growth from the bottom up, not the top down. I train the top and limit the canopy thickness to about 20-24" max because that is about all the reach most indoor lights have to make dense nice buds.

Supercropping is my prefered training method. Supercropping and gentle bending with the occasional topping. It's good lazy mode training. No string, not much effort or time. Big bush in the end.
    Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

20. took some other pics, do they look bad?

Attached Files: