First grow, Need input on grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by High-Dro-Ponics, Aug 13, 2013.

1. I'm planning on buying this stealth grow box. Does this grow box look like it would work?

2. It'll work, but you can build that yourself, and find everything at your local hardware store for a fraction of the cost.  

What would work better is an HID light.  I would suggest finding a 150w HPS light on eBay, a small grow tent, a fan and you're in business, with enough money left over to buy yourself a pH meter.

3. I was looking for a more stealthier way. And if I were to build it I might screw it up.
    Is the light setup good?
    6500K Full Spectrum CFL Long Life Light Bulbs
    2700K Flowering CFL Long Life Light Bulbs
    Or should I buy different ones? Any tips?

4. CFL's don't help to provide much heat and don't offer as good of light penetration for your plants. The investment in an HPS is very worthwhile.

As for the "stealth box", the planters seem a little close together; it almost seems like it's supposed to house a small SOG setup.

5. Thanks for the input and info @[member="Original Past"] and @[member="LordAwkward"] !

6. if you have the money but not the time or confidence to build one yourself, go ahead and buy it! I'd build one myself however, it's a matter of a few screws and wood. I think it's a bit small for an HPS light, I'd buy a bunch of 26-34w CFLs of diff spectrums and stick em all over the cabinet.

7. if you have the money but not the time or confidence to build one yourself, go ahead and buy it! I'd build one myself however, it's a matter of a few screws and wood. I think it's a bit small for an HPS light, I'd buy a bunch of 26-34w CFLs of diff spectrums and stick em all over the cabinet.

8. what if smell and sound and visible bright light were an issue?