First Grow, Need Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JestCO, Dec 28, 2012.

1. #1 JestCO, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    Firstly, I have done a bunch of reading. These forums have been a tremendous help and I wanted to know as much as possible before making my first thread.

A family friend gave me some seeds for Christmas and really got me inspired to grow my own weed. He has been helping me (somewhat) with getting started, but I still need some help and pointers with getting everything all set-up before I even begin germinating.

Here is my set-up (so far):

- Grow Lab GL40 tent. I am somewhat limited to space and I thought this would be perfect for just 1 plant.
    - I stupidly bought a Quad Band 225 LED Grow Panel from eBay. Amateur mistake. I thought it would be good, but from everything I've read about them on here the suck (to put it politely). Im really annoyed that I got it, but I'm thinking about using it as supplemental light possibly (?) with...
    - CFL's. Due to the small tent, I'm worried about using HPS because of the heat they give off (from what I've read). Basically, I went to Lowe's today and bought 4 these:
    Shop SYLVANIA 2-Pack 23-Watt (100W) Spiral Medium Base Daylight (6500K) CFL Bulbs at Lowes.com
    - My plan is to get a 1x1 plywood square and zip-tie a power board to it with 3 outlet to lamp-holder, then put 3 splitters in them and then 6 lights off of the splitters (I know I said I have 4 CFL's, but I'll get 2 more if thats the general consensus). I'll then get 4 chains and suspend it from the tent.
    - I got a 4" inline duct booster exhaust fan coming in from eBay
    - and a LCD temperature/humidity reader coming in
    - As well as Fox Farm Ocean Forest/Happy Frog blend coming in.
    - And I have the Fox Farm Nutes Trio
    - I plan on using a 5 gal bucket from Lowe's to grow in.

Am I missing anything?

I understand that my first grow isn't going to be perfect and I'm fully expecting to learn as I make mistakes; thats what makes this experience so exciting!

2. how big is your grow space? if your going to use 6x 23w cfls it may be a lot easier for you to just buy a 125watt CFL and reflector. they have much better light penetration than the 23watters

3. I just googled your tent. a 70w or even a 150w hps would work well in there. a small £10 bathroom fan like the one pictured would easily keep the heat under control

[​IMG]