First Grow Need Help and Pointers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BotanicalBros, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Hey there fellow growers so i have began this endeav pour of my first medical grow out here in california. I built a 4x8 room and split it in half so there are two 4x4 rooms one for veg and one for flowering. There is Black and white poly hanging on the walls with the white side on the inside. As far as equipment goes I have a 6bulb T5 6500k bulbs 4 ft long for the veg room and a Radiant 8 vented hood with 600 watt HPS bulb with Lumatek Digital Ballast. I plan on ventilating the two rooms using a carbon filter hung in the veg room and a 8" 720 cfm fan hung in the flower room and sucking the air from the veg room into the flower room through 8" ducting through the vented flowerin hood and then to the fan and then out the window. Intake will be on the bottom of the flowering room and then there will be two holes up top on the other side going into the veg room where i will hang some ducting to floor level. I have all timers and electronics needed 2 dual temp and hygrometer digital combo.

So Far:
    So i have germinated my seeds some feminzd from a seed bank master kush and delerium indica. I have them under the T5 with two bulbs on 24/0 they are in rapid rooter grow plugs in a propagation tray and dome on top. Right now almost all seeds have sprouted and growing up its first day since Germination and putting them in the plugs. I placed the temp gauge in the room. Inside the room is 84 degree and inside the dome is 95 degress I am afraid that is too hot and the seedlings will die should i take hood off and just let it stay in room the room humidity is 50% This is upstairs in my apartment I cant do it downstairs so I imagine I am going to have a heat problem to battle need to look into a/c solutions any input would be great will post some pics all i have is cell phone pics till i get my camera back.

2. here are some pics of the seedlings and the room constriction I have not started the ventilation system should get the fan in a day or so. The temp problems make me worried though will i lose my plants at these high temps?

Attached Files:

3. IMO you dont need to run the lights 24/7 and can kick them back to 18/6

I have found that at 24/7 the plants grow tall and skinny and have no time to rest.

With the lights at 18/6 the plants have time to rest and grow normally.

After the seeds have poped thru and sprouted you should no longer need a dome over them as they will want light and fresh air.

I used to go the proper route with trays and all but now I just use a couple paper towels and a hard plastic ziploc sandwich holder to Germinate.

When it comes to planting I use 12 or 16oz red dixie cups without any bags or domes, I just place the cups in a dark closet till they pop thru the ground and start sprouting then move them to my veg area

May your plants grow and grow to 4 feet and produce 1 pound of bud.

Post some pics of the grow area your building after your done with it. It looked really good from what I saw in the pics.

I did a 2x4x6 box and am gonna do another 4x4x6 box so I dont have to use the same one for veg and flower and can have two grows going at the same time

4. Thanks Man Yeah I heard that from my friend as well I hooked up the timer and it is on 18/6 now they look fine but my room is a lil hot I feel. Thinking about adding a Co2 system I heard that that will let the plans grow normally up to temps of 95 degrees I also have a wall a/c unit I would have to redo the window seal I made for the exhaust to have the ac in the wall below the exhaust output. Temp runs about 87 at night and 91 during the day. Roomate is gone for a week so im stuck alone doing this just got my fan in the mail today contemplating finishing up the other half the room and starting the duct work well see what happens