First grow need advise

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kingkelly91, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Hello everyone this the first grow and want to know what people think of the setup.

4x4x6 tent hammer Mylar finish

Using  cfl's for the veg stage and a 400w hps for flower

just put the clones in today and already began lst (although the pic is from before we trained them)

2 cinex and 3 blockhead 

Attached Files:

2. Looks nice and neat. Good luck!

3. Clones look great buddy! I would love to try that blockhead. Good shit.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thanks for the reply they got their first watering today and all is looking good as far as I know. More pics to come after they set roots and take off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Day two of the lady's in the tent after starting LST on some when should I began to fim? Pl ease help no idea thanx

Attached Files:

6. If you've got the HPS now, turn it on and use it. The color of the light won't cause any premature flowering or anything. Flowering is triggered by light cycle.

If you use it now, your plants will love you. Use both if you prefer, it can't hurt.

7. #7 kingkelly91, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    I don't have the light yet. I we did I think we might still go CFL's. I heard that for veg they are great for causing no strechting. I really don't don't want some tall trees we are looking for some little Bush's to scrog. Anyone else think we should go HPS for veg and just toss the CFLs for good? Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. New light board

9. So when we received the clones I think they had signs of nuts burn brown of tips and sides etc. I'm I correct? IF so what's best coarse of action clones have been in since 10/26.

10. Im no pro by any means but I would wait a week. I feel like you would want the split just a smidgen higher. But for real I hope some knowledgeable people let us both know for sure

11. Not following what you mean man. maybe you could explain a bit more thanks for any input

12. Here's a pic of thec slightly LST trained cinex fimmed it two days ago. Can't wait to train more

Attached Files:

13. The other one

Attached Files:

14. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil?fox farm the ocean one
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Cinx and blockhead
    How old are the plants?3 weeks since transplant
    What type of lights and how many watts? Cfl can't remember how many watts
    How far from the lights?3 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?tap water pH 7
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 1 5th of water to each plant every other day. Only fed once with 1/4 tsp in each 5th. And the water sits a day before using
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Room is at a constant 81
    What size pots? 3 gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info? There is two strains in the tent blockhead and cinx and only the blockhead is experiencing issues with drying out and curling leaves. Also they haven't grown anything in 3 weeks but the cinx is beautiful

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

15. Bottom left plant has what is thought to be zinc deficiency. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

16. Is every ine of those the same soil,water,everything?

17. Yeah the only difference is the one 2 gal pot but its doing good just the one and the new growth is damaged as well

18. The star of the show.

Attached Files:

19. Problem child:huh:

Attached Files:

20. Do you check to see if oxygen is getting to the roots? Let the soil dry out a lil before you water again?