First Grow Need Advice PICS!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Loaf87, Nov 16, 2009.

1. I dont know why but I just posted a thread and it didnt work, sorry if I double posted.

DWC set up 5 gallon buckets. The strain is Mr. Nice Indica. They are veggin under a T5 4' by 4 bulb about 3'' from plant. Is this too close? Temp in room varies from 73-78. Mylar lined cabinet.

The thing is I put the clones in with GH Micro, Gro, Bloom all at 1/4 tsp per g. which is what the bottle says to do for seedlings, but I didnt know that was way too much so the next day I switched out the water and diluted the nuters to about 1/4 strength. Do they look nute burned or heat burned from the light? Also how fast should these little babies start forming roots out into the solution? As far as new growth, it all looks good except for the fact the the leaves curl inward like you can see. I have heard if the new growth is good then that is good and some of the original bottom leaves dont matter. True? Please help

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/xtina8977/IMG_1589.jpg[/IMG
    ]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/xtina8977/IMG_1592.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Plant on left looking worse and worse come on guys help me out please!!

Also, the Ph of the the water is 5.3-6.3. Does anyone know what those brown burn like spots are? They look like nute burn but not sure......

3. Here are some better pics....come on guys help me out people!!!!!!
    The guy that looks really sad is now just sitting on top of fresh distilled water, I figured she had nute burn. Lady on the right is doing well and starting to root through the basket now at day 9 of the grow, except one of her older leaves has that weird burn spot on it that kinda freaks me out. I fed her at day 1 like an 8th of what the bottle says and nothing since then. When should I feed next you think???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I don't do hydro and what not but I would defiantly say that those floros are too close.

Maybe i'm wrong, but the first thing i'd do is raise your lights some.

5. I raised them up a bit, see if that makes them a little happier. I kept the light so low because the temp right under the light would stay at 75 so I didnt think it would do any harm.

6. Yeah I feel ya, I had some similar problems with my plants until I raised my lights. It actually happend to me once when I was using floros and again under hid. I always underestimate it, unless you see it stretch it won't hurt much raising it a few inches.

7. i would replace the solution with nute free distilled water
    and try to keep the ph a lil more stable

8. I raised the lights and replaced the very sad plant on the left with nute free water at 5.3 ph. Is there a reason why my ph seems like it raises all the time and I have to keep adding ph down for it to come down? I have a cheap 20$ Miluakee PH Digital tester and I think the thing already isnt calibrated correctly because it isn't matching what my ph drops are telling me. Do these cheap testers get thrown off easily an always need calibrating?

9. I am sorry no one else has responded to your posts. There are a bunch more people on here who know more about hydro growing.

I have a $70 dollar hanah ph tester I use to check my soil run off sometimes. I need to have 3 calibration chemicals and recalibrate it every time. If you're running a hydro, aero whatever setup then having a good ph meter is 100% more crucial.

Since my digi meter seems to be better and requires a bunch of calibration, I would assume yours does as well.

Hope that helped.

10. Thats alright mordenkainen, but that for your help...hmm can you buy those calibrating juices at the hydro shop you think? It makes no sense to me to have to calibrate your tool everytime you use it!!! WHat a PINA.

11. Yeah I know, Nobody told me I had to spend money on chemicals after buying the meter either. But yeah, my hydroshop carries the buffer, phup and phdown stuff.

12. Just pickup some up....a dollar each time I use my tester??? Ouch! Thanks for your help, plants are looking way happier and one is rooting into solution finally

13. Old saying from a movie I saw a long time ago.

Most committed always win, that is usually true.

Good luck bro.

14. if you didnt soak your hydroton in ph downed water for 24 hours before putting them in pots that is probably why your ph is unstable.....if you didnt it will bounce around alot.....you want the ph at about 5.8