First grow - need advice on seedling health?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stx416, Sep 24, 2015.

1. #1 stx416, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    Hey guys hows it going. So this is my first official grow that I intend to start from beginning to finish (I am growing 3 autos - Pineapple Express, Sweet Mango, and Lemon Skunk). I am just concerned with the Pineapple and Mango. The pineapple appears to be overstretched? The stem looked fine until today (5 days in) and has now turned purple closer down to the soil and I have a broken clothes hanger just keeping it propped up atm. Also, The mango (1 day in) appears to have burnt leaf tips? And additionally, the Lemon Skunk seems to be doing well although it is small (5 days in and also the only seed I planted into a solo cup + greenhouse'd for the first 48 hrs). I am currently feeding all 3 seedlings with 5.8 ph'd water. Sorry for the wall of text guys and I look forward to how this all works out!

Pics as follows: 1) Lemon 2)Pineapple 3)Mango

Attached Files:

2. the camera flash seems to be washing out a lot of the detail. Are they really as yellow as they appear in the photos?

It looks like you are probably over watering them. Burned tips usually suggest an overdose with nutrients, what soil are you using? Is it suitable for seedlings?

3. Hey Gold thanks for the reply - I also think I might have over watered these seedlings a bit. It is only the mango that is that yellow. The PE and LS seem to be growing steadily although the leaves are drooping (over watering?).
    I am using Sta-Green Premium container mix and it seems to be doing ok so far? I will try to get better pictures later on today.