First Grow (NEED ADVICE) 250w

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mandanclan, Apr 8, 2010.

1. So I finally cut a very small piece off the budding leaves, and found that there are a mix of clear, cloudy and a few amber trichomes. So I immediately flushed all the way through. It seems as though I am behind in flushing out all nutrients that I've given her, So I hope it clears out by the time I need to harvest. I am guessing that time will be in like a week maybe less. ideas? thoughts? Estimate on how much longer I might have?

2. dont worry bro, give it a full 14 day flush and i mean full. and then harvest.

this is my rule of thumb, never harvest a plant no matter what until 60 days minimum of flowering, and always always give it a full flush. this is how you get the greatest bud to smoke, i swear. nothing harsh and tastes delicious.

make sure to give it 3x amount of water and make sure not to drown the roots.

3. SWEET! Really glad (once again) that I have a fan. :hello:

LOL I don't know you man, but I must say I've listened to your advice throughout this process and it's all been true to date. So I have every reason to take what you say into mind. That being said, the minimum 60 days rule I really like because this entire time I've been thinking "I really feel like I need to make it to AT LEAST 60 days" mainly because this strain is supposed to be 9-11 (63-77 days) or I've seen 70-80 days as well. Where I'm at right now (53 days today) seemed just barely premature if that makes any sense?

Concerning the flushing, yesterday morning when I made the decision, I flushed through 8 gallons of pH balanced water. Unfortunately it was not de-chlorinated water though. I didn't know if that made a huge difference since most of it is running straight through. That took me what must have been an hour maybe longer. I am running a 5 gallon pot, so 15 gallons of water is what I needed to put through. Since I have to move her to a big basement sink everytime I feed her, She had to sit outside of her room for that amount of time which I did not like. It's usually a 15 min process, but the flushing is time consuming. Later yesterday I flushed another 6 gallons through her to put me in the proper range for a good flush.

So 14 days you say? You sure I have that much time considering I can see amber trich's? I SURE hope so!

4. id recommend harvesting at day 70, and flush every 3 days. a little chlorine isn't to bad, kills bacteria, algae, etc. just make sure the PH is alright.
    trust me your doing a really good flush, im lazy and for a 5 gallon pot id only flush with 5 gallons of water.
    btw your going to see alot of the plant use it's nitrogen so the leaves are going to turn yellow, which is perfectly normal, so if that happens don't worry.

good luck on your harvest, if you even any help with the curing process let me know.
    btw i'm posting my journal up, i could post the link if youd like later if you want to check my journal out.

happy growing. :smoking:

5. A bunch of leaves have been pulling the nutrients out and dying off. I let them get crispy brown all the way through before cutting though so all the nutrients are used. I've also noticed that the leaves at the very top of my two main colas are beginning to yellow completely. Does this mean that They will ripen first, therefore harvest before the lower branches?

Yes post that link to your journal! I'd love to check it out..:wave:

6. main colas do ripen earlier than the lower branches, depending on how your light penetrates your canopy. so you could harvest your top colas a bit earlier and harvest the bottom branches a few days later, allowing the buds to swell up a bit.

make sure before you harvest, not towater your plants 2-3 days prior it helps with the drying process. good luck!

heres my link bro:

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/641525-ks-organic-sog-scrog.html

check it out!

7. Great job for your first grow man

8. hey thanks man:D

9. Looks good. Tuning In.:smoke: