First grow - mini toolbox

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by CT Fletcher, Mar 18, 2013.

1. #1 CT Fletcher, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
    Hey guys i just started my first grow, i would appreciate any advice as i have no idea what im doing !

I Found this cool toolbox/bread bin looking thing in the garbage clean up in my area and decided to turn it into a grow box. I cut a hole on either side of the box and put a fan on one side to get some air flow in there. The box is staying around 27-30 degrees and 25-27% humidity. let me know what you guys think and if i need to change anything =)

I am currently using these bulbs Globe Quad Tube Cfl Nelson 48w Bc Elq Warm Wht Melq48bcs - Bunnings Warehouse i was wondering if these bulbs are powerful enough ?

[​IMG]

2. #2 CT Fletcher, Mar 18, 2013
    Does anyone know if i would be better off using this bulb instead of the one i got from bunnings? i put a link up above of the bulbs im using now

[​IMG]

3. resize them in most any pic editor..your near out of space now.. your gonna need more vert space unless you LST it real soon.. bend the top back down very slowly ..string.. pipe cleaners.. coathangers.. thread.. whatevers handy..or you can pinch the main stem..sorta crush gently between your thumb and finger it'll flop over but keep on growing..can grow it into an S shape or other exciting forms..

4. Do you know if my bulbs are powerful enough?

5. Dude are ur plants overwatered?The leaves don't looks good.

6. Oh is that what it is? should i not water them for afew days?

7. #7 I`M OUTTA HERE, Mar 18, 2013
    If your soils wet and she looks like that then its OVER watered.

If your soils dry and she looks like that then its UNDER watered.

Learn the weight of the pot by lifting it and judge its weight, its how most people know when to water as when they flower they want more the greedy bitches.
    I`d also wrap some tape around the bigger pot as its not totally light proof.

Your along the right tracks the only other advice I can give is READ, you can never read too much when it comes to gardening MJ..

ATB Mate & Good Luck

8. Thanks mate appreciate the advice =) does anyone know if my bulbs are strong enough?

9. if the light spectrum on the bulbs is 6500k for veg you are fine. you want 2700k for flower. theres lots of good info on the site, even comparisons between HID and CFL light types. hope it goes good for you.

10. ah crap i think there at 3000k

11. Just put in a 250w MH bulb, struggling to keep the heat out... i turned the 2 other bulbs off now

[​IMG]

12. where did you mount the ballast ?

13. its outside of the box, not very stealthy but owell

14. What are the temperatures with the MH bulb it should heat alot.Also try to make some light reflector.Without reflector u lose around 15 % of the light.U can make ur own cheep way.Anyway the box is looking cool.

15. Oh sweet ill look into making a reflector then, i only use the MH bulb at night time because during the day i cant keep the temperature down but at night time it stays at 30 degrees...

16. #16 Doormouse, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    Well I'm assuming stealth is not a major concern for you lol all that light is a damn beacon, but as long as you won't mind the smell once it's flowering you're good.

The leaves are looking a little droopy, but weed recovers from most problems quick enough

17. Yes true u can try open the ceiling and build walls to make more space.So u can use ur MH bulb full time.Btw u can go till 32 gradus on the top of the plants.Spray them if temperatures go too hi or try to add CO2.There is cheep methods with yeast and sugar.Anyway I think if u want to keep this box during end u needd to make some scrog or lst.Remove 1 plant and give the other one bigger pot with soil.Full time MH on and after swith the timer replase the bulb with HPS,GL!

18. Dude,dude look there i a padlock over there :D CT Fletcher give us more info is it for steelth?:D