First grow - Mini box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grosfrag, Oct 19, 2012.

1. So for anyone who followed the mini fridge setup I was about to use, forget it. I'm now going to run my 18"x18"x40" box. I will use 6 x 23w CFL 2700k then 6400 to flower. I will also be running a 4" carbon filter above the lights to draw up heat and odour via a 4" inline fan. My plan is to get the running temp down to around 20 deg C and maintain a steady temp via my ceramic heat element co controlled via a thermostat used for reptiles (we have plenty) .

Now before I begin does everyone agree two smaller plants that I will train to fill out an stay low or turn the box up and get a bigger taller plant?

2. So I've been shopping and got these, being an idiot I got 2700 not 6500 so I'm going shopping again tomorrow

Attached Files:

3. ^^ those are not 23watts right ?

Imo 2 plants in 1.5x1.5 sounds reasonable, mostly since you regular seeds. How do you plan to add a lil breeze on your plants ?

4. [quote name='"sexybanana"']^^ those are not 23watts right ?

Imo 2 plants in 1.5x1.5 sounds reasonable, mostly since you regular seeds. How do you plan to add a lil breeze on your plants ?[/quote]

20s is all I got so I got 8! I will use the 4" inline fan to draw the air in via a slightly generous open valve. Hoping to run it cool as possible

5. I was talking about having a fan blowing on your plants.

As far as heat goes, with 8 20s and a 4'' fan you should be set

6. [quote name='"sexybanana"']I was talking about having a fan blowing on your plants.

As far as heat goes, with 8 20s and a 4'' fan you should be set[/quote]

Oh right ive got a small clip on fan for that. Would you think 8 20w will see a good yield from this space?

7. From what I read, you could expect 1/3 grams/watt from cfl. That means about 60 grams, a bit more then 2 oz.

Im far from an expert tho so don't take my word for it. Best of luck mate

8. Is there anyway I could increase yield like growing With the box on its end

9. [quote name='"grosfrag"']Is there anyway I could increase yield like growing With the box on its end[/quote]

Keep it led down, 3 girls in big wide pots. Lst the shit outta em an you could pull 2 - 3 z easy, strain and condition depending

10. [quote name='"automan142"']

Keep it led down, 3 girls in big wide pots. Lst the shit outta em an you could pull 2 - 3 z easy, strain and condition depending[/quote]

Thats the plan, I'm leanring haha my girl is back this weekend so I have to put the growing and smoking on hold!

Would 160w of CFL support 3?

11. Total if about 9200 lumens I figure. She's goibg to get warm !

12. [quote name='"grosfrag"']Total if about 9200 lumens I figure. She's goibg to get warm ![/quote]

Nah man, cfl's are easy to control temps wise. A 120mm silent pc fan ran off a phone charger would b sufficient. Maybe too much to b honest. Get a lamp dimmer like this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=221073571670&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=05882546899

Plug the charger into it an you can control the speed of your fan, it'll work on a 100mm too if u decide to get that kit. 100mm wil b overkill and you'll hear it, use the dimmer to control temps and noise

For bigger fans i wouldnt recommend it as it could affect the flow but on small fans its just fine man

13. [quote name='"grosfrag"']

Thats the plan, I'm leanring haha my girl is back this weekend so I have to put the growing and smoking on hold!

Would 160w of CFL support 3?[/quote]

Kinda. They say 100w for a plant and 50w for each additional plant but i allways figured it depends on the size of the girls and the canopy. If your using small girls and scrogging (lst) to get an even csnopy then 160 would b enough as the light doesnt need to penetrate too far

14. [quote name='"automan142"']

Kinda. They say 100w for a plant and 50w for each additional plant but i allways figured it depends on the size of the girls and the canopy. If your using small girls and scrogging (lst) to get an even csnopy then 160 would b enough as the light doesnt need to penetrate too far[/quote]

Finally the thoughts match up to what I get told :) I'm getting there haha I was going to stagger them so sort of. ,',',',' to get a nice even spread for the canopy