*First Grow* Micro pc cfl grow journal.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grandsouls, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Hi everyone, I have been reading lots on this site for a long time, I decided to make a account and post my grow, I plan on taking daily pics and uploading - updating every 1-2 weeks. Anyway here is from day 4 to 9 :)
    The strain is hashplant, its under two 40 watt cfls 2700k, in a 15 inch long 10 inch high 6 inch wide, grow area.  im only going to veg for a while then go right into flower, ( Yes i do know 2700k is not very good for veg.)

2. #2 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    Hi dude, welcome to the world of growing, im on my first grow too although im running a larger setup.

60x60x140 Black Orchid tent,
    Lightwave T5 twin tube,
    2x 300w blue cfl,
    2x 300w red cfl,
    Black orchid 187cfm extractor,
    Budda room 250x150 carbon filter,
    X4 bagseed

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1281330-first-grow-needing-liitle-help-piece-all-together.html#entry19530624
    Not many pics yet but will be adding more soon, hope it goes well for you duder!

3. #3 Grandsouls, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  4. #4 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
    They are looking good dude! :D

Mine make a good example for the Importance of good lighting topic, lol :(

After germ they went under two 24w 2' T8 aquarium tubes, a Super Actinic (blue/uv) and a GroLux (red).
    It should have been enough to get them started IF i'd set up correctly:
    1. they were placed way too far away from lights (over 12" away, i should have had them within 1" of tops they could even have been touching as those tubes run very cool)
    2. They were in a cardboard packing box with non reflective liner (the bare card just soaked light up!, firstly i should have found the reflectors for the tubes! Secondly, should have lined the box with aluminium foil as a make do!

Week 1. Cardboard box.
    Week 2. Moved into matt white box, same tubes but now at correct height. Noticeable improvement within days ( first pic in my topic is the end of 2nd week)
    Week 3. 4200k CFL put in on a temporary lead (waiting on post for my bulb holders so i can make a light rig... Still, GRrrrrs)

At least I'm learning with some really old bag seed, not my F1s... so its no biggie :)

5. haha yeah, That was the first thing i did was add reflecting. also have my plant only 1 and half inch away from the lights, ( I have a sheet of glass between the bulbs.......... And an exhaust also right by the lights so heat stays waaaaaaaaaaay down.
    Good luck buddy :D

6. That sounds well thought out, I've seen a common prob being light burns in pc grows from reading around on here!
    Would be good to see a pic of your pc setup!

I was planning for an outdoor grow with mine... After germ the plan was to put them in my greenhouse then plant on... The bad weather everyone is getting is going to cause problems into the summer so thought id keep em in ( it was an executive decision, but wasn't properly prepared for indoor)

7. Ohhh shitty dude, damn weather :p.
    Yeah next update ill post some pictures of my ventilation system and lighting for ya ;)

8. what is the "netting" for on the cups?

9. I made it to make a "Base" for my lst, im going to use it to have something to tie the strings onto

10. Update everyone!
    Here is picture of it at day 10 .
    Second and third pic, day 11 (Today.)
    The rest are pic of the set up as you requested : )

Attached Files:

11. Cool setup dude!
    Man, your plants are kicking ass too!

Mine are at least 21 days in and still haven't picked up that much yet!
    I didnt think that the first couple of weeks with poor light would have stunted them this badly!

12. #12 Grandsouls, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    another update, I could not help it, my plant looks so good today!
    So:  Second plant has sprouted, thought I should do another just in case this one is not female, who knows they could both end up male. Anyway, I got a new sprout this morning cute little guy ^_^. and my other one, its got its fourth set of leafs now growing, 3rd set are nice and big and healthy now.
    I also found a perfect ''make shift'' pot at the store today, its roughly 4.5 gallons. Its really long not very deep at all, will do great for the plant i plan on growing, will just have to do lots of root training (I have grown lots of bonsai's so this stuff is easy for me x).. )  anyway, all good news, :D Hope you enjoy the pics, the new pot BARELY fits in the pc hahaha.
    1 pic , of the set up, i am just using the new pot to hold the others up higher to the light, can go down a good 4-5 inches..
    2 pic, my baby from the top
    3 pic, my newest baby :), I only planted him 3 days ago, did well :)P
    4 pic, pic to show the growth of my plant, branches are starting to form, new nodes are also.

EDIT: Its hard to believe that bigger plant was that little seedling only 12 days ago : P
    ONE MORE EDIT: I dont understand how I got 4.5 gallons, its 2.5, regardless, enough to grow the plant I want :)

Attached Files:

13. #13 Grandsouls, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    small update if anyone cares. :)
    I transplanted her, and the seedling is doing great. Got tons of new growth over night, here is the pictures :)
    When I transplanted her, she was all roots all ready, I had to cut off bout half of them, She got insane root mass.
    Note: That is not all the grow room, the pot can still move down a good 3-4 inches. Just up so she gets the light she needs :)
    -But I need her to stretch a little, its hard lst such a bushy plant! my god. Anyway, giving her 2-3 days to re-grow roots get back to health, from the transplant.
    -I have just been feeding her fish castings for now, seems to be doing the trick, will be also giving other organic compost, going to keep this as organic of a grow as possible :).
    -Vegging for nother 2-3 weeks, probably only 2 weeks from how fast she has been growing, then 12-12 and then hopefully if everything is good, Ill have some bud in 2-3 months :D haha
    ___________________________As of today she is exactly two weeks old! :)

Attached Files:

14. #14 Stoned_Stew_UK, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Wow, she's doing amazing,
    i cant believe thats 2 weeks from germ!

I think i need to start watering mine with 'Red Bull' or something to wake them up LMAO :D

15. Just fimmed her, lets hope it works out! :) I did it sooner then was planning but, I was not planning for the sixth set of leaves growing by today either haha!
    Will update when i get signs of new growth :)  and thanks stoned stew ; ) I have just been feeding her fish poop, seems to be doing wonders ;P  Peace!

16. Ahhh, thats your secret.
    I better get my old aquarium set up again! Lol :)

17. Yeah I mean I got her in normal potting soil, and feed her normal water, but she growing like a mofo, must be the doo doo haha! Idk this is my first grow, just experimenting with a lot of random shit :p

18. Looking Good Man :) Keep up the Good Work, i Need Fish Poop Bro Looks To Be Working Wonders :D im on my 2nd Grow Cant wait to flower in 17 days.

Sent From The Bushes, Grown Tree's Blown Tree's
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1278588-My-2nd-Grow:-X-mas-Tree's

19. #19 Grandsouls, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    Yeah :D thanks, I am quite happy for this being the first time I grew.And nice, Ill take a look!
    EDIT: In day or two I will be doing another pic update, I fim'ed her today, hope it works out.

20. Looks Good :D Atleast You Didnt Overwater her or try n give her nutes early haha i did both learned from it lol i like how shes in a pc shell its dope man :) im pretty sure her fim'ing will work out fine i never did any of that but whats it supposed to do again lol ? More growth right ?

Sent From The Bushes, Grown Tree's Blown Tree's
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1278588-My-2nd-Grow:-X-mas-Tree's