First Grow - Micro Grow: Magic Bud in Soil under Flouro

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Seeka, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ... yep they're doing very well. I'm looking at the diary and planning to harvest on the 10th June, which will be eight weeks since flowering.

The buds are not massive but there's lots of little ones. I've taken a small sample cutting today and will leave it to dry for a small test (and also 'cause I'm sooo impatient about this grow - I WANT to taste this bud, NOW!!). This looks very immature as I took it from the base of one of the plants - the others are much bigger and browner so this sample isn't really a good example. Still, I can't wait to try it.!

I'm away for the weekend, the first time I will have left my girls since they were born. I've watered them twice and filled up the reservoirs to make sure they'll have enough to drink while I'm away. Just hope they'll be OK!!!

Looking back on this grow now I think I wasn't very successful with the vegging - I didn't feed enough and get enough leaf growth, this, after all, must determine the growth for flowering; more leaves = more light = better growth = bigger buds (am I right?)

I'm already marching on with the two new plants; Durban Poision and Hollands Hope. One is much bigger than the other and I'm hoping its the Durban (I mixed up the seeds and now have no idea which is which, what a prat!) - more pixs to follow soon but now I must be away.. just leave you with this thought...

testing testing.JPG

Take it Easy...

2. don't know if I shared these with you as well...

Slightly Browning Bud.JPG

Longer Bud.JPG

buds everywhere.JPG

Hmmm....

3. I had to go away for a couple of days and I've been worried sick that my plants will miss me. I was most concerned about watering, as I've been watering/feeding (lightly) every other day.

So before heading off south for a couple of days I gave them a really good drink and left it at that.

On coming back yesterday I opened my secret cabinet to find that the girls were looking in great health. This makes me wonder if I've been overwatering. Remember they are both only really small as my grow cabinet is about 3 foot square (less than 1m).

Best of all the buds have really started to pack on some size. The flatter of the two plants, the one I LST'ed has produced a profusion of smaller buds all over it; they look so cute!!

I'm really pleased with the way this has gone for me and now I'm lining up another grow. A top guy I met a few days ago sold me a fantastic Salvia cutting and was kind enough to GIVE me 10 seeds from a strain he's bred SiriusHaze he's calling it.

Here they are:

bigger buds.JPG

Bursting Buds.JPG

Back on the Salvia subject - I am really getting to like this stuff - the guy also gave me two free samples of his pure leaf Salvia (he's a top bloke!!). I smoked some yesterday not expecting too much as my only experience with Salvia to date has been with X10 extract, which splits my universe and sucks me into outer space!! However the pure leaf worked wonders, no real 'breakthrough' but some serious experience and a complete separation from my reality - beautiful!

Take It Easy

4. Well, it looks like one of my plants, the short LST has finished. The other is looking very green and not quite there yet.

I've been inspecting the tops of the buds with an old microscope I remembered I had at my parents in the attic. It's great for this stuff and with the larger lens I can see the trichs really well.

However I've got a dilemma; when I checked a couple of days ago the heads of the trichs look very full but clear, not cloudy and there was no sign of any amber ones. Today I've run another test and there are lots of amber ones but still very few look cloudy.
    I thought they went from clear to cloudy to amber?!?!!? :confused:

I want to go for a head-high not couchlock, so when do I harvest?

I'm thinking that I'll probably cut one plant down later today and wait for the other one to catch up.

Any thoughts or ideas please...!!

Take It Easy

5. Well, I've decided to go for it! I've harvested one of my two plants. I looked at the trichs today and am convinced this is as far as I want to go with the crop.

As I mentioned in another post, I'm really pleased with the harvest. Considering this little girl spent her life in a very small box (less than 70cm square), with one 250w light and had to share the space with her sister (who'll be harvested next week!) and not forgetting that her father (Me!) was a first time grower, I think she'd done me proud.

I realised that when this bud has dried there will be about half the amount but I can tell you I'm really very pleased. The smell is divine and the little sample I smoked at the weekend was very good (although I only tried a very small amount, not enough to get the full picture really).

I'm only a modest smoker (weekends mostly) so this little lot will keep me high for quite a while, of course I'm also looking forward to sharing with some friends as well.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just need to wait now and dry and cure this properly then I can enjoy the summer!!!

Take It Easy!!

(hears round of applause in his ears!!)

:smoking:

6. That is fucking awsome man!!! +rep

7. Yeah nice grow man! +rep

8. Well, Seeka, I must say your grow is very inspiring. I myself plan on doing a micro grow soon. By any change could you tell me how much space your plants take up minus the pot (both hight and width)?

9. very nice grow, great utilization of the limited space you had, any guesses on dry yield?

10. Hi Guys

Thanks for all the praise, it feels like getting and A+ at school, especially for a noob like me!!!

Kush: to answer the size thing - the cabinet is about 60cm wide by 60cm tall by 70cm deep. The plants took up about 2/3rds of that and I needed to let them grow enough to take into account the depth of the light which hangs down by about 25cm - I hope that answers your question(?!). If not PM me.

I reaslied that the pot height has used up quite a bit of space (height) but the pot size (volume) is still quite small. When I took the plant out of the pot it really was root-bound and clearly needed more space to grow. So I've hatched a plan for the next grow and I'm planning to give them root space horizontally by growing in a small bag of compost lying flat, much as you'd put tomatoes in a growbag. I reallised this will effect the depth of the roots but should give room for them to grow out. As I plan to SGROG the next grow my objective is to keep the overall plant height down as much as possible, getting the roots and branches to grow more horizontally. This should give me more space for bud growth, when it comes.

Who knows, we'll see how this plan works out.

Thanks again for the comments guys - I'm looking forward to toasting you all with a fine J rolled from my own little bit of nature's bounty!!

Take It Easy

11. Oh yes, Drexel; not sure about the dry weight. Not overlly fussed to be honest, I'm really pleased witht the grow, it will give me more than enough to keep me going for a little while.

I think (I'll say it again) for the circumstances the grow has produced really well for me - a nice little harvest from one very small plant. I'm going to harvest the second one later

:p

12. Those buds look FROSSSSTY and very yummy :D Let us know how she smokes :D

13. YES! I got there! my first harvest and my very first taste of my own home-grown bud.

I've smoked some small amounts through my 'budbomb' as well as a small tobacco pipe and it tastes great. Very fruity and a wonderful aroma. As I've only tried small amounts I can't say I've experineced the full weight of the high, but I can confirm it's good. I've got a heady high (which is what I was looking for), it creeps up and washes over me.

I've also found it goes extremely well with my other passion; deep trance and ambient trance music. With headphones, eyes closed I can easily reach a state of blissful calm and let my thoughts shoot of into another world. Just last night I felt a great drifting and, although for just a fleeting moment, a 'separation' (something I LOVE about using Salvia). I'm not sure if others can access this state with MJ but I find it very powerful and an excellent partner to meditation and trance states.

Sadly, coming back to earth is all too inevitable!!

Take It Easy

14. You get any pics of the dried buds? I'm anxious to see how they look, as they look mighty tasty on the plant... :D

15. Just been cutting up some of the dried buds. Using scissors is a pain (they get so gunged up). Anyhow the cut looks mighty fine. With some carefull trimming I've managed to preserve quite a bit of bud. I've chopped up about four this afternooon and I've ended up with nice baggie of green.

Best of all I've rolled my first J - not smoked it yet, saving it for the right moment - and been able to scrape off some scissor hash, rolled it into a tiny little ball and have just hit it through my bong - one dinky little toke and I'm stuck to the roof!

I've never smoked it like this before, fucking amazing, very uplifting.

Peace Out

16. Fuck, this hash is STRONG!!

I've smoked the smallest little ball and it has blown my nuts off.

Downside; creeping paranoia.... :(

But wow, great stuff.

17. ...that was amazing!

Now I'm wondering if I could extract some good hash from this little lot.

Anyone got an idea of the easiest and cleanest way to do this...???

Thanks

18. Very nice grow Seeka!

Micro's are awesome. Real proof that you dont need lots of space to produce some great smoke.

I know somone makes little one gallon bubble bags. That would be great for your trim to make a little bit of potent bubble hash.

You could also get a pollen box from ebay or your local head shop.

Keep growing!!! Cant wait for round 2. :)

19. awsome job! Gratz on the kind buds :)

20. if your lokking to make some great hashish or hash oil check out http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/ and look under the links for hash, great recipes and great stuff! good luck and toke on!