First Grow - Micro Grow: Magic Bud in Soil under Flouro

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Seeka, Mar 18, 2007.

1. lol@growing too much! ladies are looking mighty sexy if I do say so!

2. awesome little bushes you have there. the new growth is dark green and the old stuff is light, usually its vice versa? almost looks like nitrogen/magnesium defficiency to me. or it could be nothing :p

3. No I think you're right Canabudz, I realised that a few weeks ago I wasn't feeding them enough - I got scared of over feeding early on, then didn't feed enough!

They're getting enough food now and I'm being much more accurate with my doses. I'm going to LST them both more tomorrow and make sure that they stay away from those lights.

Really looking forward to see how they are looking... yum yum...!

Thanks for all the nice words guys and the encouragement - they mean alot to me. This has been a real journey. I sat in bed last night with my laptop looking back over the photos I have taken since the start; I felt like a proud father looking back on his children growing up - shit, I've come over all sentimental!!!!

LOL!!!!

T.I.E my friends....

:p

4. Welcome all, here's another exciting episode of...

OK, enough of the dramatics! I'm just pretty pleased with myself as I've completed a successful (?!) LST on the bigger of the two plants. You'll remember that space is running out for my stealth grow cabinet (which is much less than a meter square).

Here's what the plant looked like...

BEFORE

BEFORE.JPG

AND AFTER:

After Full LST.JPG

Restricted LST.JPG

I used green garden string, cut to length and then made a loop in the string passed this over the chosen branch, then back on itself - this was then secured to the pot side with strong tape (gaffer tape). The end result is pretty good I think. It has certainly reduced the height and opened up the plant much more - there are lots of extra budding sites that can now be seen and most importantly will get some light.

Bud sites are also looking good on both plants...

Growing Buds.JPG

budding nicely.JPG

So that's it for a while guys. This is looking good and I'm really quite pleased whith how this is going. As I'm in week two of flowering, I'm guessing (unless someone can tell me otherwise) that I'm six to eight weeks away from harvest!

This has been a fantastic journey and it keeps getting more exciting - I've learned so much along the way, thanks to all for your advice, help and encouragement...!

Then after a couple of weeks to season and dry the buds that means it will be ... party time!!!!

Take It Easy

5. Well, a couple of days on and the girls are settling in nicely. The serious LST on plant 1 has worked well - all the budding sites are growing well now as they're getting plenty light. Plant 2 (Leggy Blonde) who had the part LST is also looking good with a dense growth. I want to see which of these methods works better.

Here's some bud shots for you...

Dark Bud.JPG

Side Bud.JPG

Wonderful Bud.JPG

... see the hairs? Looking good eh?

Take It Easy

6. Some more bud shots for you guys...

The little ones are showing some hairs and glands now, starting to get a little bit of crystal on them.. loverly!!!

Magic Bud.JPG

Buds Everywhere.JPG

Blood Buddies.JPG

Blonde Bush.jpg

in the grow.jpg

There's like buds coming out everywhere on the bigger of the two plants!!! Will the very small ones still grow enough in the next 4-6 weeks??

I've removed quite a few yellow leaves from the base of the bigger plant - read somewhere that this is normal as the plant is putting it's energy into those little buds.

However, (as you can probably see in the pics) some of the stems are a bit red - what does that mean? I'm only feeding with BioBizz (both Grow and Bloom) at the mo'. I might give them a does of phostrogen at some point as this has lots of other nutes in it.

So, what do you think...?!?!?!?!

Take It Easy!

:hello:

7. nice grow seeka keep up the good work there looking nice and bushy :)

good to see another fellow UK grower on here :)

8. Thanks Magillon

I'm really excited to see real buds forming and now those resin glands as well - it's like a dream come true!!

How are you're babies doing now? Are they still sick? I've been trying to think what the problem is but as I'm no expert I can give much advice.

Hope it sorts itself out - if not mate, get back on your horse and try again, perhaps a differnet strain?

T.I.E.

9. Nice grow mate, and some good LST work there! bud sites look to be coming along nicely :hello:

My stems are crimson here and there, so nothing major I dont think, I know its that nutrient you said, but am so buzzin I cant think what it is, I also think it may be connected to pot size, as my fertilizer had the nutrient, and yet only a partial amount of the stems went green? spooky!

anyways, keep up the good work!

10. bet your excited i camnt wait to get flowering either :)

check the last page of my grow journal you`ll see i have new babies started and doing great :) the maple leaf is binned i should really start another grow journal for my new grow but the new ones are looking great there blue mystic and ak47 :)

11. Getting a little fatter as the days go by...

Growing well.JPG

Healthy Bush.JPG

LST Works.JPG

frosting bud.JPG

The LST has worked quite well and opened up lots of bud sites. As there's lots of new, much smaller budding sites, I'm wondering... when I come to harvest, if i take of the larger buds can I then try to re-veg the plant and get the much smaller buds to grow and then switch back to flowering and harvest again...???? (does that make any sense?!?!)

Take It Easy

12. yea if you leave some of the smaller bud sites on the bottom after you harvest and put back into vegetative light cycle it will eventually start growing again. this could take a month or more though.

13. They look beautiful wow, i'm starting to see that fluoro is not a bad idea, thanks... Keep on Keeping on..

14. ... thanks (both) - the idea of getting a second harvest sounds excellent, even if it's not massive, at least that means I'm not going to waste the plant. Perhaps i could even plant it outside and leave it to veg, then flower later in the season...????

Hmmm, there's quite a few options with this growing lark!

T..I..E..

15. Well, here we are again guys.

Growing well, although it doesn't seem to be that fast - maybe that's just because I'm not that patient!! God, I am SOOOOoooo looking forward to smoking my first home grown bud.

Some Pics to update you. The buds are getting bigger little by little - here are my babies...

Bushy bitch.JPG

Frosty bitch.JPG

Growing bud.JPG

Also, my new grow, which is going to be an indoor/outdoor summer grow. These have come on well from seed - this one is a Durban Poison and I'm also growing a Hollands Hope, which is quite a bit smaller at the moment.

Greenhouse 1.JPG

I'm planning on keeping this (and the other one) in a summer house and outside for the summer and letting them flower naturally. I'm lucky that I don't need to worry too much about hiding these. This little beauty is really putting on some growth. I'm looking forward to seeing these putting on some weight and eventually having a wonderful autumn harvest!!! Yum-Yum...

Take It Easy You Stoner Buddies!!

EDIT: PS. I tried my first Salvia last week - what an amazing experience, it was X10 and blew my mind. About 10 seconds after taking one hit my arms started to ripple (I mean actually ripple like waves!) then I was ripped out of this dimension and the universe split in two, (this actually blew my mind) I lost all grip on reallity. It was amazing and I loved it. I have found a new door and will be visiting this world again. Now I'm tempted to try 2c-e and possibly DMT...!!

16. Actually I'm slightly high at the moment (just tried something new - not bud, pure caffiene, I need to work and I've been feeling very 'flat' reccently so picked up some caffiene. Just railed a couple of lines and it's sure done the trick!!!)

Anyhow - the buds are looking good today...

Snug as a bug.JPG

buds everywhere.JPG

Longer Bud.JPG

Slightly Browning Bud.JPG

I'm very pleased with the way these beauties are looking - (just like my dick; they may not be massive but they are perfectly formed and are sure gonna do the business for me!!! Ha-Ha!!)

Take It Easy!

17. like pure powdered caffeine? where the fuck did you get that? unless you picked up some yayo powdered caffeine is just as illegal as cocaine lol. or did you just crush some NoDoz/caffeine pills? lol.

but anywho those buds are lookin sweet. congrats.

18. ... yeah, I managed to find a supplier for pure pharm-grade caffiene. It's amazing stuff. Took four doses yesterday and it kept me wired for hours. Gotta be better for me than coke. If you want to know more PM me.

Trying to Take It Easy!!!

19. bumpitty bump...

20. any update on how their doing?