First grow Masterkush & White rhino 400w Hps

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Soxfantony773, Dec 17, 2012.

1. After an embarrassing failed first attempt with cfl's, i'm taking another shot at indoor growing. I have a Homegrown Fantaseeds Masterkush regular seed(big mistake, going with feminized from now on) that sprouted on the 6th of this month under a 27~w cfl, and theres already roots poking out of the bottom of the solo cup. I also germinated a regular nirvana white rhino that was placed into a cup a few days ago and im waiting for it to break soil. Admittedly my setup is barely organic, but i am looking to make my own soils ect. in the future. and am just thankful i have people like Notsure, Jerry, Chunk and CQ to get me pointed in the right direction organically. Im using Happy frog soil with an added handful added perlite for drainage and 1 tblspn Xgardening mycos in the solo cups, topdressed with Soil Secret EWC. and in the 3gal pots for when the time comes, its almost the same; except the EWC are mixed in, and there's slightly more perlite. i have a small sample of Neptunes harvest fish fertilizerhttp://http://www.neptunesharvest.com/hf-136.html that i would like to use and some earth juice grow bottled stuff. i will be setting up my 400w within a few days. anyhow heres a few pics.

day 1
    [​IMG]

day ~3[​IMG]

day~4
    [​IMG]

and these are from today. i noticed the older leaves are curling slightly. any idea why? i topdressed with ewc and misted with a spray bottle before snapping these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. From today. The leaf curl seems to be getting worse. What should I do?

ForumRunner_20121217_133840.png

3. maybe a mod should move this to the indoor journals.......

4. Looks fine to me. Don't worry about those leaves - at all. I'm sure you'll do fine.

J

5. Cool thanks jerry. i guess im just used to seeing everyones perfect plants, i thought something might be wrong.

6. My suggestion to you would be to repot these plants into bigger pots and get as much light to them as possible.

Are you only running CFLs?

Try to avoid any restrictions, ie: root restrictions (bigger pot size) and light being the biggie.

J

7. #7 Soxfantony773, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    I had a feeling lack of light was the problem from the start. its only under like 27w right now. i am going to transplant very soon and hook up my 400w. The only reason i haven't is because the outlet is across the room, so i would have to go outlet>timer>extension cord>power strip>light,ballast,fan. Im no electrician, but that seems way too dangerous. i was planning on having a power strip like this by now (power strip //http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-31608-6-Outlet-10-Foot-Yellow/dp/B003E46MBA/ref=pd_sim_hi_22) but my wallet has been empty for over a week now, so i gotta wait. Theres roots poking out of the cup bottom and i was planning on transplanting as soon as the soil dries a lil bit. Since the roots are obviously hitting the bottom of the cup, how should i go about this? from what ive read i should just slide out the entire cup shaped mold of dirt and roots, gently loosen it up a little, and put the whole thing into the 3gal? is that right? i had an outdoor plant that i cut the cup off that turned out fine, but people advised not cutting the cup. My soil has been holding water 10X more since topdressing with the EWC, so my fear is that when i try to take it out ill get the effect of someone making a sandcastle in a bucket that added too much water, and turn my floor into a muddy crime scene of cannabis homicide. if you've read this far, im sorry for rambling haha.

8. #8 Soxfantony773, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    lil pic update. gave a very weak dose of earth juice and she seemed to like it.

i transplanted to the 3gal on the 27th of Dec. i fimmed her probably 3 days ago and im not sure if it worked (lol). Believe it or not, this poor plant is STILL only under 1 27w cfl......please read on..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still dont know what to do about the 400w........my outlets only take 2 prong and my timer and ballast cord are 3 prong. some of the other blades told me in a different thread that using adapters and such is unsafe and i need that 3rd ground wire, so i MUST modify my outlets to take 3 prongs or something like that

9. Possible to drop a cord into another room? Don't have any grounded outlets in the house?

10. #10 Soxfantony773, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    no grounded outlets in the whole house. my plan was already to run the cord under the door to a 2-prong outlet w/adapter, but some people stopped me right there and said "nope, you cant do that you can die" ive had a few suggestions on what to do, most of which involve re-wiring my outlets. Ive lived in this same house for 20 years, and have only blown the tripper on a power strip once by having a 15 year old refrigerator, tv, a dvr, and a microwave plugged into it. I'm most paranoid about a fire or electric shock occurring.

11. I just realized something I've been doing the past 4 months. I have a drop cord ran to my room so that my 400w ballast is on a different circuit. Well, this drop cord's ground plug came out a long time ago.

12. Even though I was real nervous, I plugged in my 400 yesterday. My plant survived over a month under only 27w but I felt it needed a lot more wattage real soon. So far so good.

ForumRunner_20130110_145536.png

13. Nice! Under the 400w now?

14. #15 Soxfantony773, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    yeah under the 400 now. shes comin along strong. i topdressed with 3 tablespoons of EWC and have been feeding with Earth Juice Grow fertilizer every 3rd or 4th watering. Ive just been real careful when watering and such since im using a power strip and extension cord with no ground. i honestly kind of wanna just start flowering soon so i can finish this harvest and make my setup more legit. my current cord rig makes me rather paranoid.

15. I have read your journal and enjoyed it man. Good call on the transplanting. I will be pulling up a chair and watching you from here on out man.

16. #17 Soxfantony773, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks Garrilla! its nice to know ill have your support.

i started tucking some of the big fan leaves because they are easily the size of my hand (and im a pretty big dude) and had a thought to do some LST'ing, but id like to fim or top one more time