First Grow. Male or Female

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kermit98, Jul 4, 2012.

1. My first grow ever :hello: was wondering if someone could tell me what the sex is or is this to early to tell any input would be greatly appreciated :wave:

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance :smoke:

2. The picture is not clear enough,

I am only 90% sure that is a male preflower, everything else looks like new leaf growth.

It's the only thing out of place and slightly hanging down.

3. Ok thanks that was as clear as i could get the picture with the type of camera i have i will let it go see what happens within the next few weeks thanks for the input tho much appreciated

4. Male. I see balls at the stem junction. Get some pollen, freeze it and when the time comes, pollinate a few flowers on ur fav female strain and have plenty of free seeds.

5. Thanks again....this is too bad cause i only have enough room to have grown 1 plant at a time better luck next time i guess back to start..i will make room for more than one next time around so this does not happen again:wave:

6. Think about growing a seed and hoping for a female as flipping a coin and hoping to get heads, because essentially cannabis plant's genders are determined much like a humans is, where females only pass an X chromosome and males create both X and Y pollen, resulting in a 50/50 ratio when not accounting for natural hermaphrodites (which kind of skews the ratio), occurring more frequently in plants than humans.

If you're betting a couple weeks of work on one coin flip, don't you think if it were even remotely possible to get another coin flip it would be more worth your while, even if its a little bit extra work and/or expense?

Food for thought. :smoke:

7. Definitely a male.  

Also a 2yr old post! :hide: