First Grow - LST/SCROG Advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hipposcottamus, Dec 15, 2018.

1. My Grow
    Native seeds - Critical Mass
    Viparspectra 350w led
    Advanced nutrients micro,grow,bloom
    Soul Promix with 30% Perilite

GrowDiaries. First Grow - Critical Mass aka The Twins

Currently 8 weeks old from seed. I have topped it and done some LST. They are both very bushy with many budsite but they are also short(only 8") I have my SCROG screen at 12" and I dont know if I should stop the LST and let everything grow vertical until the screen or just keep LST and hit the screen later.
    Tell me what you think
    20181214_153352.jpg 20181213_170232.jpg 20181214_153357.jpg 20181213_170229.jpg 20181214_160021.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Your plants look healthy - great job. :thumbsup: You can just lst and eliminate the scrog net - it achieves the same goal. Get some big safety pins and attach along the edge of your fabric pot - that way you have something to hook your plant ties onto. Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

3. Thanks, I agree I could eliminate the Scrog but I have already made them not realizing LST was.so effective. Also from what I have read this strain has big heavy buds and a scrog will help prevent them from snapping branches. 20181029_164336.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. You have a long way to go before those plants reach the net. You might consider to stop the lst, let the plant grow vertically, and use the net for training. When I scrogged I placed the net 8" above the pots. Good luck. I appreciate your building skills - nice job. :)

5. Awesome thanks I will stop the lst so they will reach the net which was my first thought. The building of it all was the best part. I built a grow room within a room and it has been great so far. Thanks for the help

• Like Like x 2