First Grow - Lowgirl Auto's, Bag seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by albertahigh, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Alice looks sexy as fuck, you were letting them dry on purpose right? I might have overlooked but I'm assuming you didn't water them the final week?

2. good thing you passed your test, that could have been bad.
    im really loving the plant with the 3 main colas, looks great

3. thx alot man, appreciate the kind words:wave:. to be honest the dryness is a mixture of me trying to stave off any gnats i still may have, and me working all the time. pulled alice out of the tent and have her "blacked out". i chopped a small branch after 24 hours, and will take down the rest after 48. i actually have been putting off the research part for all this for the most part because ive been so busy, but i guess i need to get on it!

hey thx, ya its hard for me to understand like i said im a daily smoker so u would think that passing is out of the question, but hey im not complaining!:D
    yes betsy is my true pride out of the group, although i do have special feelings for alice as she is my first. im really hoping that she will put out the most ith those 3 tops like that! thx for watching, we should have some new pics up tomorrow

4. bump to start a fresh page without gigantic picture

5. #46 albertahigh, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
    there we go!

6. well mainly just a quick update on whats going on with alice. i have officially carried out my first harvest:hello:. i took her "limbs" after 24hrs and 48hrs to see if there is any difference between dark period before harvest. i have a wet weight of 42g's without a taster bud i quick dried as i was completely dry before this, which maybe weighed 2 g's wet. hoping when she is dry i might get close to an ounce but i think it will be less

i really wanted to sort my pic situation out so maybe more people would enjoy the thread, but i just dont have the effort to research what i need to do to make them a good size. lol too busy researching how to grow .. and working ofcourse. so i have decided to revert to the attached photos. maybe before i do my next grow i will be more proficient. anyway i hope you like these harvest pics as much as i do, im pretty happy for it being my first go

Pics -
    1-4. alice shots right before she was cut
    5-7. taster bud
    8-9. harvest shot

btw- i will be updating the rest of the girls this weekend

Attached Files:

7. awesome job man.

Smoke report

8. well done and congratz on your first harvest :hello: beautiful looking buds.

9. well done.

10. thx guys, means a lot. i hadnt realized how hard the harvesting is. my trim is probably more potent than necessary but im sure with practice i will get better. planning a nice batch of butter and maybe some hash after were all done here.

thx mr munk. i really appreciate all ur help through this. ive learned a great deal from you and ur grow. i think im going to let the budz dry out and cure a bit more before any final judgement.

i can say though that the smoke is great so far. it is a nice, light heady high, that is suprisingly long lasting. very minimal couchlock which is exactly what we were looking for. nice sweet fresh tatse, kinda earthy i guess, and has almost a weak peppery smell. to be honest, im really not good at describing it as i have much more experience smoking it. it really is night and day from what we used to overpay for, so thus far ,we couldnt be happier.:D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so onto the update of betsy and claire

i think i stopped with the ferts a little too soon with all the plants and some deficiencies may have developed. either that, or im not recognizing the natural death of these flowering plants. not sure there is anything to do now anyways, as at 53 days they are probably only a week out.

there really isnt much drastic change since last time, just a little more bud, little more dying leaves. maybe someone can tell me whether this is what to expect, or maybe where i went wrong.

pics-
    1. betsy overhead
    2-3. betsy from the side
    4. betsy's main(seems like very different budding structure than alice/claire?)
    5. claire overhead
    6. claire from the side
    7. claire's close-up

Attached Files:

11. great harvest man, it a great time harvesting your first grow.

12. When a plant starts nearing its end it will start using up its reserves in the lower leaves. They are one of the signs that the plant is starting to near its harvest date. While its not a hey im loosing leaves cut me down now sign it is just one of the many such as the pistils turning orange.

And thanks man, Never thought I would be able to help anyone since this is my first grow. Tho I am sure a lot of people that have read my journal have learned from my mistakes. I know that I have. Tho I guess I do have some little happenings in my grow that are neat such as my air rooting of clones. Glad you are a reader of the my journal. If you have any thoughts or ideas don't be afraid to speak up in my journal. Love having other minds to bounce ideas off of.

13. #55 albertahigh, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    Ya not really sure if its that, because its more than just the lower leaves. but on the other hand, its only the large fan leaves, while the sugars and everything else seems nice and green still. bah who knows ..

ya man, i find that reading other grows, whether "carbon copies" or not, definately can teach u lots, not just from mistakes but seeing things that are done right. u obv have lots of garden experience too, and seeing ur veg grows has inspired us to do some as well. and as for speaking up in ur journal, its hard to find anything to add with the pro's u got in there. i may have a mild case of rep intimidation:D

p.s- thx lotus, appreciate it

14. What's up Albert, just checking your grow out. You got some nice looking plants, and if you ended up with 42g wet, then you will probably end up with around 1/2 oz dry.We actually chopped are first auto last night, AK-47. We got 97g wet, and it was our smallest one. We did LST to it, and ended up keeping it under 11 inch tall. I am also growing a bunch of different auto's right now, check it out sometime. Ill leave the link below... :smoke:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...diy-tent-lowryder2-auto-berry-auto-widow.html

15. thx for stoppin by man, just read your journal and am really impressed:eek:. definately inspiring me to try to get some real weight off some autos in the future! that said for my first grow ever, i will take what i can get

gonna work on getting a nice variety of auto's for another grow later on in the summer. also great to have the dry estimate. if i can get over 1oz from my 3 girls with some heavy trim i will be happy!

16. Oh they are all big softies. In the growing world its all about skills. While the equipment part plays a big role its the one thing that can be equalized. Don't worry about if you throw out an idea of something and its wrong, hell I have done that countless time on other threads and while I might feel kind of dumb for a second for getting the advice I gave wrong it still helps me learn what the right answer would be so that I can help someone else down the road.

17. just figured id drop by quick and let everyone know that im still alive .. and so are betsy and claire. just barely as they are 1 day past their 60 day window today, and look ready to pull. hairs are turning pretty nicely and most of the fans are toast.

betsy's buds are rock hard and claire has filled in better than expected. ill be busy working until thursday, so thursday night or friday i will have a big preharvest update. tomorrow will be their last day under the lights, followed by almost 48hrs of darkness. so i guess ill see yall in a few days

18. hey everyone. really sorry that i havent updated earlier but there was a death in the family so needless to say i have been preoccupied. i certainly couldnt blame anyone from dropping out of this thread as i definately should have been more on top of keeping this updated. when i attempt my next grow i will try to be better, not just for anyone subbed, but to keep a better record for myself.

anyways on to my last update. i didnt get many pictures of betsy and claire before their chop which is unfortuate, but they hadnt changed too much since the last pic update. wet weight of betsy was 150g, and claire was 130. i think alice was probably close to 130, but that was too long to remember. i actually lost probably half of alice to post chop mold, but i turned alot of that and her trim into some very nice butter. made some white choco macadamia cookies that took both me and the lady to a distant planet!:smoke:
    dry weights are 30 g's of betsy, 24 g's of claire with atleast 10 g's of alice that was not affected by the mold. so thats about 2.3 ounces which is great for my first grow with 3 auto's. im sure i could have got more if i could redo it all but im still happy.:hello:

here is the last of the pics....

betsy before chop @ 64 days
    [​IMG]

alice dried and cured
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

betsy dried and curing
    [​IMG]

claire dried and curing
    [​IMG]

jars, about 55g
    [​IMG]

thx again to everyone who pitched in and encouraged me. without that, it would not have been as enjoyable of an experience. now i guess the hard part is to make this last until i cut again. i think i will be starting a couple blackberry seeds (12/12) sooner than later so look out for me in a grow journal near u! maybe i can impress some people with purple bud enough to dish out some rep:p jk

keep it real gc:bolt: