First Grow - Lowgirl Auto's, Bag seed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by albertahigh, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Plants are looking mighty healthy. How old is lowgirl 2 and 3?

Got 2 more purple power plants sprouted and growing now man. And royal hash is becoming a beast.

2. hey guys, thx for hangin in there

spacemunkies those 2 little ones are about 16 days from planting germmed seed in soil. little experiment with the two, # 3's seed was mature but much smaller than # 2's. they popped the same time, broke ground the same time, but 2 seems a couple of days ahead of 3. should be interesting to see what they give me in the end. i suppose i should try to get names for my ladies like u but not sure where to start. maybe alphabetically? watering tomorrow so maybe another update with names

3. I just give them names so they are easier for people and myself to keep track of strains. I have each pot labeled with name,strain, and important dates such as planted date , xplant dates, and light cycle change dates.

4. another update comin at ya

so baglady is 39 days old, a week under flowering light. hoping to see some hairs soon, not sure it will happen, but not the end of the world since i have the other 3 girls (who will no longer be nameless).

lowgirl 1 (alice) is 29 days old, about 2 weeks since her first flowers, coming along pretty nice, sits at about 12" with multiple budding sites. trichs are starting to show up, so i guess im going to have to get myself a mag glass soon.:D

lowgirls 2 & 3 (betsy & claire) are 19 days old, taking to their new pots. still quite low but starting to branch out nicely, probably about a week before they are just shy of a foot. betsy has her node and cola hairs showing and claire's are just showing up on her nodes now.

tent is doing well, temps are around 82-72, which seems ideal. wondering if i need to up the humidity with it being 30-35%? watered them all yesterday with the ph's sticking just under 7.0, and everyone is looking healthy. baglady seems to be a little more rough than anyone else and im almost inclined to end her existance, but it would be nice to get some more experience with a non auto strain as my next grow will be some reg blackberry's

anyway here come the pics, obv under the hps the cam sucks so i took alice out for some close-ups and will do this every now and then so i can give you the 'glory shots' of the girls all the way through. also please forgive me if im redundant with these photos but i kinda get excited with them sometimes ... :smoke:

1.baglady 39/7 haggerd eh
    2.full shot of alice
    3.alice's top
    4.alice - calyx shot
    5.alice - budding sites
    6.betsy - 26 days
    7.claire - 26 days

Attached Files:

5. Very nice looking plants man. Love the shots. And i hope baglady shows hairs soon. Looks like it would be a beautiful plant to see flower. Im rooting for hairs.
    Got one of the new setup? like outside of tent and full view of tent?

Just confirmed another female in my garden. My royal hash is a female . The only one of the seeds to make it to plant. Crazy.

6. munkies, thx for the input man, nice too see someone here, lol:rolleyes:

i def have a love hate relationship with that plant. after messing my fim and topping she is just a bush, probably give me good yield but sometimes i think its more hassle, especially working in that ghetto dresser. lol didnt seem as bad when i didnt have the tent, but it is less than ideal for anything than seedlings or early vegging

ill post some tent shots next update, probably in a day or two. hard to actually get a shot of it with it being so big, but ill see what i can do

7. Nice 1st grow.It only gets easier.

8. thx maulcoy, just hoping i can make it through without too many problems .. we'll see how she goes.

quick update with some pics later today after the cam charges up.

42 days later and im pretty sure baglady is growing balls. going to give it another couple days then make my decision to chop or not.

alice (32days old) is continuing to build those buds. gotta be atleast 10-15 popcorn budsites on the lower with the mains running up to form the cola. lots of trichs developing on surrounding leaves and caylx's.
    *one issue i noticed was a couple small "rust" spots on 2 leaves. these are very small spots, completely surrounded by healthy leaf. looked around at the possibilities and nothing really seems to match what im seeing. i will try to get some pics of this when i update later.

betsy and claire (22days old) are coming along nicely still. starting to branch out and develop their first flowering sites. everything looking healthy.

pics later today ...

9. Have you been spraying them with water or putting any kind of liquid on the leaves?
    If you have it could just be a burn spot or a defficency if you havent.

10. Hey man found a nice pair of fine tip garden sheers today at dollar general store. Dunno if it was just the one around here but they were 3.50, You can't beat that deal.Considering that most are about $15 Dunno if you already have a pair. Just thought I would pass the $ saving info on.

11. hello ... everyone, lol :hide:

finished up some school and getting back to work full time, so life has been crazy. sorry for the lack of updates. back to the 10 hr days outside in freezing temperatures! oh ya, ten days on - 4 days off! fml

spacemunkies - thx for the tip on the sheers, ill have to check that out. any deals these days are good deals for sure!

anyways a little update here
    36 days in for alice(13"), 26 days for betsy(10") and claire(8"),
    bagladyman - dismantled

not much change with the rust spots on alice. runoff was sick/very dark when watered, with much too high of a ph. figured that would likely be the issue. either way i was trying to be proactive, but i think i will just try to keep it all in check and ride it out unless things get out of hand. buds are still plumping up and leaves are getting 'frostier' by the day it seems. all in all she looks good enough for me for my first attempt. definatley contemplating coco for any grows in the future!

betsy is still leading the way with the younger crowd, although lots of this growth seems to be in stretch form. she looks about on pace to develop like alice, but theres a little more spacing between budding sites in comparison. sites are growing lots of hairs and looking healthy. one thing i noticed is a couple orange hairs coming out of a calyx. is this too early or not??

btw - runoff of the younger girls was bang on @ last water.

claire is still the runt, but still growing strong. not as much pronounced stretching or bud site development, but shes less than halfway through her life so ... i sometimes feel that they would all do better in square pots as they are pushing to the edge of the useable light. alice is the only one without sacrificing a fan leaf or two. me and the gf have been toying with the idea of dedicating one plant solely on edibles, butter and whatnot. probably depends on how much smoke we have at the time :smoke:

pics
    1. alice from the side
    2. alice top buds
    3. alice browning pistols
    4. betsy overhead
    5. betsy from the side
    6. betsy top bud
    7. betsy orange hair calyx
    8 & 9. claire

Attached Files:

12. Looking real good man.

13. Very impressive stuff, and from a beginner, subbed, +rep, you were born greenfingered ;);)

14. hey everyone! long time no post eh!:D im telling you these 10 day/10 hr shifts kill me, gives me no time to update or check up here much, let alone keep up with my girls .. :( i wish i had as much time as some people on here seem to have .. maybe in another life lol.

well tons of shit has been going on here lately. i was almost convinced i was gonna chop this weekend which is crazy premature for all of them, especially the younger two. some inlaw family is coming and we also need to get a leaky shower fixed so the old lady almost put me up to it:eek: needless to say i could have been controlling the odour better. i plan to do much better for my next, whenever that may be. thankfully she had a change of heart and we have more time to let my girls mature.

to the girls ..
    alice is 46 days old now and looking pretty good for her age:p. her buds are getting frosty and filling out more. the fan leaves seem to be dying off, but nothing i think i need to be worried about. not sure about how long any of them should have left, i forget what the site says for time. all in all, everything seems to be on track.

betsy and claire (36 days) are chugging along behind alice, with betsy leading the way ofcourse. i swear i couldve cried thinking about chopping betsy as her bud structure almost looks like she could top alice, which would be more than i could ask for. claire leaves some to be desired, so an edible she most likely will be. tric production also seems to be a little lacking on the two but im hoping that should come. its cool to see the difference between alice and the youngen's as alice was cfl for the first 3 weeks, about 2 weeks more under the blue light. betsy and claire are alot more stretchy.

also had been fighting what i think was fungus gnats, small black bugs in the soil that fly around when when i disturbed the pot. they seemed pretty fierce a while back, but they seem to not be around anymore. i understand that they have larvae in the soil, but i havent seen adults lately. today i put some coco on the top of the soil as i read that they dont like that? might not even be gnats but hopefully they dont continue to be a problem.

oh ya:rolleyes:, i almost forgot that about a week ago, my lighting timer gave out. lights must have stayed out for an extra 10 hrs. after thinking through my options i decided to answer my own question i had for a while. what happens when you take an autoflower from an 18/6 and bring it to full day or a larger light cycle? apparently nothing with these girls.:hello: i have been watching for hermie and really no change in these girls. so they are now running on 24/7 for the rest of their lives.

heights from soil - alice - 14", betsy - 14", claire - 16". temps are around 78 steady and humidity is around 40%.

anyways, here are some pics for anyone still around
    1. overview of alice
    2. alice top
    3. alice top
    4. betsy
    5. betsy's top
    6. claire
    7. group pic

Attached Files:

15. just some pics of the tent overall. hard to get it all in to a pic cuz its so big but whatever, a side pic, a front pic, one with the window open, and both doors open

Attached Files:

16. just a quick pic update, let me know what you guys think so far. :poke:
    also maybe you can offer opinions on the difference betsy and claire.

if anyone remembers i noted that besty's seed was almost twice as big as claire"s seed. while i expected differences, i figured they might develop more similarly than they have. you can see in the pictures below that claire is flowering, but not packing on buds like betsy or alice. this got me thinking a few things : one, the size of the seed is making this large difference; two, the light blip or potentially fungus gnats has affected her more than the others; or three, she contains more ruderalis genes than alice or betsy carry. maybe theres something im not seeing or this is just normal varience for this strain? let me know what you guys think as i try to post some pics like the big boys :D
    -my advanced apologies if they are too big

alice overhead 49 days
    [​IMG]

alice side shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alice main cola
    [​IMG]

betsy overhead 39 days
    [​IMG]

betsy main cola
    [​IMG]

claire overhead
    [​IMG]

claire's main cola
    [​IMG]

17. damn man that is one big ass tent! your grow is looking awesome and those buds are looking quite sticky. im subbed:smoke:

18. #38 albertahigh, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    some pics, im sure they all could be better (the plants), but im ok with it for my first grow and the fact that i work like a madman. oh ya on that front a quick funny story. i hurt myself working yesterday and my company made me take a a&d test with no warning. i smoke daily so i thought id definately lose my job, but somehow i managed to piss clean. this ever happen to anyone? anyway here we go ...

alice overhead @ 56 days .. seems pretty well done (supposed to be 60) -

[​IMG]

alice from the side -

[​IMG]

alice's top -

[​IMG]

betsy overhead @ 46 days .. more dying leaves than id like but bud is lookin nice -

[​IMG]

betsy's 3 mains -

[​IMG]

betsy from the side -

[​IMG]

claire overhead 46 days .. same deal as betsy and im actually suprised with the little runts development -

[​IMG]

claire from the side -

[​IMG]

19. Looking good man. Keep it up.

20. sorry about the pics everyone, gonna try and fix them right now