First grow, looking for input

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MakingBiscuits, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hey there Grasscity! After spending countless hours reading and researching my plans I have started my first grow. I am using a DWC with a couple of seeds that I germinated from bag seed. I have no idea what they are and are just hoping for a female out of the two. The seeds were germinated a week and a half apart and the pictures are showing the larger of the two, but it fairly representative of both of the plants. The plant shown in roughly in its 3rd week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My setup is as follows: 3 gallon DWC being using with distilled water and Fox Farms hydro nutes under 4 ~23 watt CFLs 24/7 with an average humidity of 45% and temperature of 85-88. The growth seems to be going well and the plant looks healthy, but being my first grow I would like your input on that. I am planning on LSTing the plant, but am unsure of when I should be starting. Help in this area would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. They look fine. If you can, get HID lighting and ditch the cfls.

3. Yeah, I'm planning on upgrading in the future, but not knowing how it would work out I opted to go the cheapest route possible for my first run. For the next run I will definitely be moving towards HID lighting. Being bag seed, I'm more hoping to get some experience out of it. Thanks for your input!