First Grow - Locker BCGOD BUD

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by BAzN, Jun 20, 2011.

1. #1 BAzN, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    Hi everyone, this will be my first grow and I decided to make a journal.

I know people are biased about buying this and what not but i got great deal on this setup and its brandnew, so i couldn't refuse. So yea say what you will i can care Fu****g less ;)

Set-up : Super locker 2.0, Added two blue 60 watt Fluros, Technaflora nutes, 150 watt hps. Its a superponics setup with airstones and sprayers inside. Veg/Flower and cloning chamber. Carbon Airfilter with fan, also i added 2 more fans as well.

Well here is some pictures and as of today it will be 22 days from seed. I had started in beginning my nutes were at 300 ppm and worked my up, just as of yesterday i bumped it to 900's. My ph has always been 6.0 or lil lower since the nutes put the ph perfect for me really. In the beginning I used a coffee filter to germ and then planted in rockwool. My temps in the locker is between 74-80 and humidity is 45-50%. I water my plants in beginning 15on/3hours off, then i switch to 15on/2hour, and now since i noticed they drinking and loving the nutes i have it on 15on/1 hour off so every hour for 15min it gets water. I did the UNCLE BENS method for two tops and it really work and the stems grew out in two just like his ( I only topped two plants because i was nervous on doing this to my plant). I will be doing a SCROG and LST to this plant, but im Vegging until plant is about 10-12"

Today check the ppms and its at 820, Ph 6, humidity 49%, Today will be 22 since i planted the seed in rockwell. I been doing 24/0 with all lights on and the stems are thick as hell.

Pictures from beginning of some growth to present today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 buddha1127, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    Subbed. Never seen a full supercloset grow before so i'm curious. Plants lookin nice so far! Good luck

And what's Uncle Ben's method? Is that different from standard topping?

3. Hey thanks man. Ill keep updating

4. goog job thus far - please keep us posted as I will be interested in the cab and res temp throughout your grow. Do you plan on modifying the setup at some point?

5. Yup I added 2 fluros, and two more fans. Reason y is I want more circulation and ima keep fluros under plants so when I scrog ill have some decent shoots that will get light. im going to be getting a 400 mh with cool tube set up after first harvest

6. My water temp is 72 its fairly cool all time

7. #7 BAzN, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    Well as of today my Water Temp is 73, Locker Temp 78, Humidity is 38% ( Reason is today is hot so i kept door open to stabilize the heat, PPM is just shy of 900, Also i have the plant about 9-10" away from plant. Well i am finally happy since i topped the plant it was uneven plants and as of last night to today they are all even finally. All four plants are even and im happy and dam i can really see the two spots that grew and i see other sprouting out very nicely. Heres just a picture i took today.

[​IMG]

Hey anyone have a idea of what i should do? Should i just veg the heck out of it until it gets to like 10-12inches or do it sooner? I got the Veg down just need to figure when best time to flower. The total space i can grow total is about 3feet and some inches. I am planning to scrog as well.

8. so based on those dimensions 10-12 inches before switching sounds about right, although people seem to always underestimate the growth in flower. Besides your girls seem like the indica-leaning bushy plants, and you hardly have any stretching going on, so I would feel comfortable switching at 12 inches as long as you mange the canopy for some light penetration.

9. #9 BAzN, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    Hey yea thats what I was thinking too just wasnt sure. I dunno if im doin shyt wrong since its not getting tall...

10. I think you're on the right track. 1/3rd of your total grow height is a good place to stop vegetative growth. If you have 36 inches of grow height, 12 inches seems a good cutoff. Also, when the plants get near that height, it's probably a good idea to put your net trellis up right at the 12 inch mark. Every time a plant pokes it's head up past the net, pull it back under and to the side. Once the net is about 75% full, switch over to 12/12 lighting. (The canopy will continue to get filled up during flowering.)

I'm a new grower myself. You're like 2 or 3 weeks ahead of me i think. And i'm using the Supercube, not the Supercloset.

But i've read a lot of grow journals, and the most successful scroggers seem to do what i described above. It's what i'm going to do, in any case.

11. Hey thanks for info ill update it when I do it

12. Well i just ordered a 400 watt HPS/MH cool tube. It comes with both bulbs and everything. Got it for a deal so yea awesome yoo

13. Ok everyone well i got some good and bad news. I ordered a 400 Watt cool tube and it came today and the bulbs were broke and the cool tube was cracked... so i called and got a refund and I decided to just say nevermind on the upgrade. So good thing is my plants are 8.5 inches and still looking pretty.

I know people are biased about LED lights, but i made a purchase for a 500 watt Black Star LED.

14. I might buy one of those grow lockers when I get my own place.

15. yea, just be ready for people to talk crap to you ahaha. I am going to tell you honest, I have no temp problems or ph isuues and since this is my first grow im on a decent start. I am going to be using a the 500w blackstar thought can't wait for that.

16. here is a updated picture for everyone : Plant size is 8.5 just lil more or less but all 4 plants are even which i am happy about. I will be scrogging at 12-13inches.

[​IMG]

17. Looking really nice, man! I'd switch to flower asap!!

18. #18 buddha1127, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    Lookin' good. I'm just starting to wonder about the scrog. I mean there doesn't look like there's much room to grow sideways. Unless the camera angle makes it look different? I'm just saying canopy is looking kinda filled already. What do you think?

Can you take a photo of the stem at the base? A photo of the entire growth chamber? And a photo of the roots? Thx.

19. Nice canopy you got there. Its always great getting an even canopy, especially on your first grow. I suppose bagseed was my reason, lol.

Looks good I'd make the flip soon.

20. Are you having any problems with wind burn with those fans? Ive been really shy with mine its on the top of the closet on medium, far away from the plants on medium.