First Grow Like a Pro (20+ Strains)(Legal)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BeyondAReasonableDoubt, Apr 30, 2016.

Tags:
?

What strains should i grow out this season?

Poll closed May 23, 2016.
  1. NYC Diesel (Auto)

40.0%
  2. Northern Lights (Auto)

60.0%
  3. AK-47 (Auto)

20.0%
  4. White Widow (Auto)

40.0%
  5. Pineapple Express (Auto)

60.0%
  6. Jordan From The Islands Best Mix

40.0%
  7. Bubba Kush

60.0%
  8. Pineapple Gum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Cookies Kush

20.0%
  10. THC Bombp

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey Grasscity, I will be doing my first grow this year in my greenhouse. Just as a disclaimer this grow is 100% Legal. I hope you all enjoy my shitty punctuation and use of italicizing

Germinating in the middle of may

Nutrients: I went cheap
    Genhydroponics Grow/Micro/Bloom
    GenOrganics Bio Root
    Liquid & Dry Koolbloom
    FloraNector
    SM-90
    Calmag

Water:
    Reverse Osmosis water + CalMag

I haven't decided 100% which strains i want to grow but let me know what you think, i'll put a * next to the ones i like and you guys can give me some feedback)

Strains: (I've been collecting these for the last few months)
    Autoflower
    NYC Diesel*
    Ak-47
    Northern Lights*
    White Widow
    Pineapple Express*
    Tangie*
    Cream
    Afghan Skunk
    Jack Herer

Photoperiod
    Jordan from the Islands best mix (Vancouver)
    THC Bomb*
    Bubba Kush*
    Cookies Kush*
    Cheese Bomb
    Canadian Cheese
    Grape Ape
    Lemon Haze
    Swazi Gold
    Pineapple Gum*
    I also recently acquired 300 Freedom Dream CBD seeds, thanks dana ur a beauty

Greenhouse:
    The greenhouse is 5x7 feet and i will attempt to grow whatever i decide by the middle of may, I will grow maybe 8 plants possibly more.

Pots:
    I'm using root pouches in 2, 3, and 5 gallon sizes

Soil:
    Circle Farms Top Soil 75L
    CIL Compost + Worm Castings 75L
    Sheep Manure 25L
    Peat Moss
    (Not sure if its worth getting perlite or just sticking with what i have)

Ask any questions and let me know where I can improve since I'm new, goodluck everyone in the 2016 season

Attached Files:

2. Two new girls as of today, Dark Purple auto and Cream auto

Attached Files:

3. I wouldn't go to heavy on the "auto" strains if you're looking for a sure fire good harvest. I don't grow them personally and don't plant to to be honest, as I've seen post after post after post from people who have tried to grow them and had them do weird things...like going into flower at 2 weeks of age. I would prefer, if I'm going to put serious time, attention and work into growing these plants, I get the absolute best harvest out of the plants possible. I know that the feminized regular strain White Widows are great outdoor producers. I grew off 4 clones I had left last year that weren't going into my flower room, on my back deck and we harvested quite a few pounds from those 4 plants. You can't mimic the sun and nothing produces good bud like being able to grow it in nature. We flowered ours off in 5 gallon buckets and that provided more than enough root space for them and made them portable in case I had to make a quick move. We live out in the middle of nowhere and don't have any company to speak of, but you never know who's going to show up out of the blue. We didn't even put ours out until June last year and harvested around the end of September, so I can't imagine how much I could get by starting one right now outside at the very beginning of the season. Don't know what you level of experience is as far as growing these, but if you don't have much, you really need to take the time to learn the process of growing these things...the kind of soil they should be in, drainage, watering...how to know when to water and when to NOT water. When to start nutes and how much to give the plant is a biggie. It's not hard at all to fry them to a crisp with the stuff and most people think they need to start nutes WAY too early. Just make sure you understand the grow process as much as possible before you dive in too deep. One more thing...don't try to grow too many at once when you're first starting out. These strains are like kids and they're all different. It could get real confusing if you throw 30 different plants out and don't have much grow experience. LOL TWW

4. UPDATE: Today i planted a few germinated seeds from the selection, including NYC D, Northern Lights, Pineapple Gum, Bubba Kush, and Pineapple Express. Thank you everyone for voting and i took all of the votes into consideration, there is still time to vote for which autoflowers i will be growing in the second part of the season around July. These are the winners for the first half of the season but there is still time to vote for the second seasons genetics

Autos: x6
    Pineapple Express x1
    NYC D x2
    Northern Lights x2
    Tangie x1

Photoperiod: x6
    Cookies Kush x2
    Bubba Kush x2
    Pineapple Gum x1
    THC Bomb x1

It looks so far like I'll be doing White Widow and AK-47 in the second half of the season, maybe NYC D & Pineapple Express too. Comment if you have any questions or suggestions on the genetics, thanks guys for following the journal.

5. The entire point of why it's called an auto is due to its change in growth 2 to 3 weeks from seed. flowering after two weeks is a normal thing for autoflowers, they usually harvest between 65 and 80 days. (rough estimate) I don't grow photoperiods, only autos. This allows a 1-2 pound harvest every 3rd month with only 4 plants. And I'm only running 600 watts of hps. Don't knock autos until you try em.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm subbed, any pics?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app