First Grow: Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmellyBongRips, Dec 21, 2012.

1. need to find a ph tester.

got some organic blood meal to help with the nitrogen and watered them good.

switched lights to 12/12.

i should probably get some nutes

2. try urine. this will be the real test. can it fix a dying plant?

1:8 or 1:5 ratio, as long as you dont have a kidney or urinary tract infection. urine is sterile until it hits the urethra, and even then, its your own bacteria, itll be more sterile than composted manure from dirty cows.

water with it asap. itll also buffer your soil to 6-7.

also what are the temps in there? is the air moving around?

3. was going to wait and see how the blood meal works and was going to order nutes for them.

air is moving around good and temp is steady 70+ except during night when temperature falls. and humidity almost always 40-50%

4. This is incorrect. BongRips, deficiencies most times occur in the new growth, Especially sulfur deficiency in veg stage. As the plant grows, it sends sugars up to the closest point to the 'sun' or the auxin hormone point. Your stems like a hose, its pushing sugars up to the newest growth. Those sugars dont become specifically nutrient deficient till the new roots cant absorb paticular nutrients then a few days or photosynthetic cycles later it will show the deficiency in the new growth. Each new leaf set will show progressive symptoms.

However, I can tell you what your problems are.

Pic1 - Looks like nitrogen deficiency, often occurs in the first nitrogen bank (first leaf set) unlike other deficiencies. This isnt happening because of lack of nitrogen. Often occurs when overwatered. This is more than likely your case.

Pic2 - Twisted new green growth, with yellow first leaf set. Yellowing starting at the edges of leaves working in with brown spots. That would be nutrient burn. Flush that one, I'd use hydrogen peroxide 2mL per gallon. that will kick some nutes down, and bring oxygen to the medium and let it dry quicker. Id start doing this from now on.

Not sure about pic 3 and 4 would have to see more of the plant. I'd recommend NO NUTRIENTS! get ph dropper solution for 10$ at a hydro shop and get your pH right. When you do this, flush with H2O2 from a hydro shop too like I said. Id do all my plants this way. once they have been flushed then let them dry out more. Your watering too much, the bottom probably never gets to dry out, you might have bacteria, fungus, mold who knows. But the H2O2 kills all of that.

Hope that helped.

5. blood meal will save them, and hold them over. you can use urine as an experiment on one of them?

6. ok well watered them today with blood meal and switched to 12/12 so i guess we will see if they pull through and explode in growth or get burned.

if its nutrient burn i guess all i can do now is let them dry out.

7. You could'a listened to me, you should not have gave them blood meal. Thats nutrients, some of them are already burned. You really needed to do H2O2 watering to save your roots from rot and other various crap. Good luck to you, but I'm not gonna waste my time here, un subb'd.

8. i dont think dude every fed those babies. they look hungry, not burnt

9. So I should get nutrients, correct?

Will post more pics soon

10. just transplanted them in to some fresh different organic potting mix not organic garden soil.

they also appear to be getting their green color back from adding the blood meal. nutes on the way

11. I wouldn't have switched them to flowering. They are still a little premature for that but too late. You cut down your possible yield a lot though. It will also shock them so if they haven't recovered completely you may see some more issues arise.

12. i do realize that transplanting may cause shock and stress on them. i got some compost soil and mixed a little in the organic soil to help with that.

hopefully i can just slowly nurse them back to healths, not too worried about high yields. its a learning/hobby type thing for me.

13. How are your plants doing?