First Grow: Lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmellyBongRips, Dec 21, 2012.

1. I always go by 8-10 thousand lumens per plant so Ur doin good for such low lighying

2. i agree, just watch it going over 80. dont want heat stress. see what kinda fans u can come up with to relieve that.

3. They shouldn't heat stress at 80* more like 95*. Optimal is 75*-85* my friend found 80* seems to get him the best yields on his grows.

4. yeah 80s great for older more mature plants, but babies are much more susceptible to heat stress. 95 would crisp the leaves off, just saying you wanna be able to control things.

5. When would be a good time to switch them to bigger pots?

How are they looking?

(7x 1600lumen CFLs, 100w equivalent)

Attached Files:

6. They look good man. I can't believe they are striving so well with such low lighting. I'd say u can transplant them strait into 3.5-5 gal pots whenever Ur ready.

7. A little love goes a long way :smoking:

8. Spread that love and positive vibes this way Cuz I just dropped some germed seedlings in the closet. Will update as soon as they show through

9. They do look healthy. Good job man!

Ill give ya some good vibes too, just planted 12 un fem'd ones a few days back. I got sprouts now in my journal, updated with pix, let me know what ya think.

10. Hey I'm new to this whole forum thing. How can I follow Ur journal?

11. See the link in my signature that says Aj's Indoor NYPowerDiesel/MasterKush SoG? well click that, once you there all you have to do is post a quick reply in my thread and your subscribed!

12. Update:

Yesterday I posted a pic and that is approx. day 17 from sprout..

any thoughts so far?

13. which ones? any of them are an excellent size for 2-3 weeks

14. subscribing...

15. #76 aj69420g, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Ya for your lumen output those are extraordinary! think about it this way, Your Tap root the one that is the first & goes straight down, Butterfly effects your plant. So if your plants 6" tall, your tap roots about 6 inches give or take. If its in a 6" pot, your ready to transplant unless you want it to stay around that height/size.

Hope that info helped, I had to dig through a buncha stickies a while ago to answer that same question

16. Update: Day 20

How are we looking?

Attached Files:

17. They look healthy man. Just keep doing what Ur doin. It seems to be working fine.

18. Any updates???

19. Looks great man! your doin a fine job cant wait to see this through :p