First Grow- LEDs, Coco, Hempy Pots.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tastebud, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I also super-crop to keep the tops level. It's worth a go, along with the Bushmaster.

2. #82 hodji killer, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah it saved my ass. Plants exploded when I changed to 12/12. Ran outta room and had to do something quick.

3. Plants look great bro I love NL.

4. amazing results for a first grow, i have yet to do one but will in the future.

5. Wardrobe and Hodji. Thanks for the supercropping advice. I've been thinking about it too as an option. I know your right, it's just for me another one of those things like topping that's hard to make yourself do for the first time. I don't really have anywhere to bend any branches to that's not filled either. However, I took your advice in a way. I pinched and twisted the tallest branches to weaken and crush the stem like supercropping, just didn't bend them over. I did that last night and they have already started to heal and I don't see any harm done. So thank you for helping to make me try it. I needed a push. Now, I feel better about doing it from now on. The bushmaster hasn't caused any damage at all either. My plants have not gotten any taller at all since Fri. They were growing noticeably every two days. I think between using the bushmaster on Fri. and then the pinching, my plants have stopped stretching hopefully. If not, I'll do it all again in a week. I will tame these bitches.

Here's an update:

Day 41. Day 20 of 12/12.

Watered with GH micro 5 ml, bloom 12 ml, flora nectar 5 ml, cal mag 5 ml.

Here's current pics-

Attached Files:

6. Smknvtec and hookahbazooka. Thanks for the compliments and thanks for checking out my grow. Peace.

7. Lookin Nice!!! :D

8. Hey Wardrobe and Hodji. I think I may have missed the point of supercropping by not bending the stalks over when I pinched them. It's hard being such a newbie. Do you think the wound from crushing the stem alone will slow the up growth some. I get that bending to take off height and making a bushier plant is the goal. In my case, I would be bending branches down into the dark. There's certainly no harm done with what I've done. Im just not sure I did anything. What do you think? The bushmaster worked I think though. The growth has stopped. Thanks for trying to help me. Next time, I'm going to do fewer plants. Maybe just one for each light, bigger pots, lots of training, short and bushy. On these, I'll see it through and do the best I can. Cheers.

9. Nice grow log starting one myself soon

10. I don't think it will slow growth noticeably, unfortunately. When I kink mine and bend them over, they still grow at the same rate. I just bend the tallest tops horizontally toward an area of lowest leaf density.
    You do need the horizontal space, though.

That Bushmaster sounds interesting.

11. Thanks Wardrobe. I will try supercropping properly next grow when I have more horizontal space. Luckily, the bushmaster seems to have done the trick. There has still been no more stretching since I applied it on Fri. It's pretty amazing really. Only took 1ml per gallon one time so far. I am still pleased with how my first grow is going. I've made a few newbie mistakes. But, I'm learning how to improve for next time. I'll get some decent bud I think. Someday, I hope to get results like yours. If I can get the kind of per plant yields that your getting, I will be very happy. I'll get there in time. Thanks for all of your help. Peace.

12. #92 hodji killer, Jul 5, 2011
    Yeah I had more space in between the plants than over head so I pinched and put slight pressure and tried not to bend too close to 90 degrees. Unfortunately I did over bend one and it did not survive.

Sounds like you good to go if the bushmaster worked. Il post a pic shortly

13. Hello Hodji. Sounds like I better be careful when I try supercropping. But, yeah the bushmaster worked. It's been almost 6 days. No stretch whatsoever. I'm not going to dose them again if I don't have to. So far the one treatment is enough. Its hard to believe that just 1 ml per gallon one time is all it took. This stuff must be very concentrated. Thanks for your help. Cheers.
    Heres a few current pics-

Attached Files:

14. #94 alaska, Jul 7, 2011
    Those plants are growing and looking great man, cant wait tell I can use the hempy :) the LEDs must be doing it's job. Keep rocking it!

15. wow! nice man , they look amazn looks like ur gonna be fried budde

16. Hey, thanks for the positive vibes guys.

p0t l3af 101,
    Fried, baked, grilled. Allothat. I can't wait to try this stuff.

Alaska,
    Hempy pots rock imo. Yea the led's seem to be good so far. I do have cfl's in there too though. Nice to hear from you again.

17. I definitely like what you've got going on! Not too shabby for a first timer. As they say in the city, SUB'D!

18. #98 hodji killer, Jul 8, 2011
    Looking good. I've got one soil plant about to go into it's 9th week of flower. I took a bud off it in week 7 and smoked it. I got pretty high but the bud was very immature. That plant is just now getting the WEED smell. Smells lemmony! I love it. Can't wait for it to get ripe so I can chop it.

Yeah your plants defiantly are looking better than mine at that stage. They have all kinds of battle scars lmao. I have good genetics for this next grow but I prolly won't start it untill after hurricane season.

Keep up the good work! I have been telling guys about your LED grow. They all say it won't yield shit but i bet they're gonna be wrong. Later!

19. Man those look great! Wish I had done some cropping on mine. This is an ideal hempy grow dude, nice.

20. Hey where did you get your LEDs at. I might want to add one in my cabinet.