First Grow- LEDs, Coco, Hempy Pots.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tastebud, Jun 1, 2011.

1. alaska,
    I understand. I'm on the other extreme. No rain and hot as shit. Today was not so bad. About 92 outside. 80 where my grow cab is. But, the last week or so we had temps over 100 everyday.
    I'm an led fan too. I think its here to stay. But, there are better grow lights than the ones I'm using. I couldn't afford the really high end ones. Mine are pretty good so far. They did great in veg. I may add some 2700K CFL's to my cab for supplemental light for flower though. Just to be sure that I'm doing all I can. I want to make sure that I get all the bud I can after all of this time and effort.
    Feel free to comment any time you like. You are most welcome. I enjoy this forum and discussing hempy, leds, and growing weed in general. I'm learning a lot here at GC. I'll be growing my own from now on. No more buying weed hopefully.
    Don't forget to research coco too. I'm telling you man, you will love it. I put straight perlite in the bottom up to the drain hole on the hempy pot. Mix coco with perlite for the rest. I use 3 parts coco to 1 part perlite for the mix. It makes the already good hempy pot method even better. I'll leave you alone now about coco. Just realized I'm becoming a coco fanatic. Sorry, can't help it. Peace.

2. :wave:Heres an update:

Day 36, Day 15 of 12/12. Temp 93, RH 58%.

GH Flora nutes- micro 5 ml, grow 0, bloom 9 ml. Floranectar 6 ml, Calmag 5 ml.

Watered 3 gallons between all six pots.

Finally have pistils showing on all but one of the plants. Can't see any male parts developing on the one with no pistils. So, I wait. Tried to get some macro shots of the pistils. Not the best canera for that though.

I am trying to reduce the amount of N now in my feeding. Loosely following the GH feed schedule. I knocked out the GH Grow and Florablend. The Micro has quite a bit of N which I'm still using as per the GH schedule. Am I right to be doing this? Knocking out most of the stuff with N in it at this stage I mean. Also knocked out the Diamond Nectar as the GH feeding schedule stops it about now. All comments and advice are welcome. These girls will be budding soon. I don't want to screw up. Thanks for any advice and thanks for following along. Cheers.

Heres current pics-

Attached Files:

3. They're looking really good. You're doing a great job.

In my case, with Coco A+B base nutes, I peak at 2.0EC, when the flowers have finished gaining height AND width, but before they develop their mass. I'm following the Canna Coco grow guide. The nitrogen is only in the A+B formula - there's none in the other additives.
    Here's my feeding schedule, for 0.2EC tap water. It's a good guide on the feeding curve, when to peak, when to add Boost or PK 13/14 etc:-

Attached Files:

4. Hey Wardrobe,
    Thanks for the info. With the GH nutes, the micro has quite a bit of N. I think that's the whole theory behind the Lucas method. It uses the micro and bloom only all the way through. No grow. The flora blend had N too. Just trying not to screw up. The Micro is giving me a lot of N still. My silly newbie gut tells me I'm doing the right thing. Well see. A lot of this shit you just have to try for yourself. That's part of the fun too I suppose. Thanks for following my grow. Your input has been much appreciated. Great job on your grow. I look forward to your next. Peace.

5. What kind of grow chamber is that? Did you buy it or make it? Sorry if it has already been posted

6. Hello hodji,
    No problem. It's just a cheap clothes cabinet from Lowe's. They have the same one at Home Depot too. It was around $100.00. All I did was paint the inside flat white, drill some holes for ventilation, and add some weatherstripping around where the doors shut. I even use the built in clothes hanger part to hang my lights from. It's not the greatest piece of furniture ever made (not very sturdy), but it works good and is a good size for me. Cheers

7. I think im just now noticing it. You have 2 LED panels? Im praying you get a good amount of bud with the panels. Ive been reading around on GC and am a bit skeptical. But like you, i live in an extremely warm climate and HID is just out of the question. How much supplemental lighting are u getting from CFL's?

8. Hello dockennyg. Yes I have two led lights. Three plants in 2 gall. pots under each light. When I switched to 12/12 I added the cfl's. Four 23 watt cfl's in each area. 8 total. I found one good journal on the led lights that I'm using. There are far more examples out there for several other brands of led lights where people have done very well. But they are pretty pricey. The ones I'm using were reasonably priced and have a good warranty. I hope they produce decent bud. We will see. The cfl's aren't adding much heat and they added quite a bit of light. Maybe that will help as well. I think I might have overfilled my cab anyway. I will just have to see how I do. Might use one less plant in each side next time. Might make better use of light that I do have. Don't know yet. Cheers.

9. #69 hodji killer, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah I bought the wide black and decker cab and did the same thing.

10. Cool. I certainly think that it's cheaper, or as atleast as cheap, than buying all of the same materials to build one. And faster and easier. If mine warps and wears out over time, I'll just buy another one. With all of the money I hope to save from growing my own, its an acceptable expense.

11. :wave:Hello,

Here's an update. Day 39. Day 18 12/12. Bought a small portable A/C today. set it up directed at the bottom back of my cab where air intake holes are. I think this will help me. My temps were starting to be in the lower 90's in my cab during the day. Today cab temp was 86 all day.

More pistils coming in. I need my plants stop getting taller now. I hope that happens soon. Thanks for following along. Cheers.

Here's current pics-

Attached Files:

12. Looking good.

That A/C will help heaps. I've always wanted to add one, but my power bills are too high already, so I just leave cabinet doors ajar in Summer and cross my fingers.

13. I hear ya. I waited as long as I could. I did not want the extra expense. But, it felt like steam releasing when I opened my cab doors. The AC has totally eliminated this. Now I get to wait and see how much it adds to my monthly electric bill. Fall will be a much cheaper growing time for me.

14. Indoors you will always get bigger better harvests in the winter. Thats when you get good color and everything, cause you can crank your grow full throttle and still have high temps in the low 70's.:smoke:

15. Thanks SoCal. Sounds like a winter grow will be nice. I'm sure I'll be doing one. I'm hooked. Growing is definitely for me. Thanks for the info. Cheers.

16. [quote name='"tastebud"']:wave:Heres an update:

Day 36, Day 15 of 12/12. Temp 93, RH 58%.

GH Flora nutes- micro 5 ml, grow 0, bloom 9 ml. Floranectar 6 ml, Calmag 5 ml.

Watered 3 gallons between all six pots.

Finally have pistils showing on all but one of the plants. Can't see any male parts developing on the one with no pistils. So, I wait. Tried to get some macro shots of the pistils. Not the best canera for that though.

I am trying to reduce the amount of N now in my feeding. Loosely following the GH feed schedule. I knocked out the GH Grow and Florablend. The Micro has quite a bit of N which I'm still using as per the GH schedule. Am I right to be doing this? Knocking out most of the stuff with N in it at this stage I mean. Also knocked out the Diamond Nectar as the GH feeding schedule stops it about now. All comments and advice are welcome. These girls will be budding soon. I don't want to screw up. Thanks for any advice and thanks for following along. Cheers.

Heres current pics-[/QUOTE

I use the gh flora nova grow and bloom on both my soil and hydro. I switched to bloom on a soil plant about a week after I switched to flower cycle and i have noticed that she isn't Stretching as much as the others did. I'm going to keep with just the bloom for now because I vegged her less than the others so that may be the reason. Your plants are looking good. Can't wait to see flowers.

17. Hello Hodji. I think mine are finally levelling off with the stretching. I hope so. I think I'm going to try Canna Coco nutes next grow. Member Wardrobe is using them with excellent results. The feeding scedule is a lot easier than the GH Flora to follow. Atleast to me it seems to be. Not so many recommended additives. I'm not complaining though. The GH is working pretty well. I just prefer to simplify next grow if possible. I also like the fact that the Canna Coco nutes are coco specific. I will be continuing to grow in coco. It's great. Cheers.

18. Quick update:

My plants stretched a little more again. I'm running out of head room. A member on another forum suggested I try this. Read up some and decided to apply Bushmaster. Supposed to halt vertical growth pretty quickly when applied. There are many threads claiming that this stuff works. I was due for watering today, so I did the same thing as many others on the dosage. 1ml per gallon of PH 5.8 water. No nutes. This stuff is supposed to be very potent and easy to over do it and burn the plants if used in to high dosage. Especially if using a strong nute mix with it. Didn't want to risk it. My plants need water every other day, so I didn't see any harm in skipping the nutes one time. We'll see if Bushmaster does any good. Cheers.

19. Bushmaster is supposed to be the shiz-nit. I plan on buying it before my next indoor grow.:smoke:

20. #80 hodji killer, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hey bud I had that same problem. I super cropped them. I lost one because I bent it too far over and it couldn't recover. The plant that survived is going to yield a large amount. Because all the middle stems are the same Hight it looks like I have like 10 main colas growing.

Just a suggestion.