First grow leaves curling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Steve1982, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DF9731C4-1895-4BED-8E9B-F00E6DE7D561.jpeg CF53A003-6F3B-443B-B940-8A59044C0518.jpeg F9E68319-E9DD-4B16-9B94-81B492A9E261.jpeg 115B9BFA-5DB4-4E95-87FE-D44C2A9962A9.jpeg So my seedlings are about 2 days old and the one that is the farthest along has it’s first set of leaves curling pretty bad. I’m guessing it’s because I’ve been watering too much but they’ve seemed dry. I’d appreciate any advice.

Soil:Bushdoctor Coco Loco in 5 gal buckets
    Lights:16 14w 2700k ge led screw in bulbs with the globes removed
    Seeds: auto flowering
    Cabinet is about 2x5x5 and stays around 70 degrees with the lights on. I’ve been running them 24/7. There’s a small fan blowing all the time and I haven’t been running my vent fan because it’s cold in my basement.
    What can I do?

2. The seedlings look fine. Welcome to GC and good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I wouldn't replant now but I recommend starting in smaller biodegradable pots when starting seedlings and misting them frequently with a spray bottle. when you start seeds in 5 gallon buckets the amount of watering can be very hard to estimate. Give your curling sprout time, the color looks good and it should perk up!

4. Thanks for the help. Also my humidity is right around 30-40 percent. Is that a problem?

5. It should be higher then that for veg for flower that’s perfect but in not sure on exact percentage so ill wait for someone else with more experience to comment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Humidity for seedlings should run between 60% and 70%. Those are auto's so you did the right thing by putting them in the final pot, imo. They look great, you're doing fine. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Getting some slight yellowing on some of the leaves, haven’t fed them anything. Windburn/low humidity?

Attached Files:

8. More pictures. All my plants are doing it

Attached Files:

9. Tip for next time get some air pots / fabric pots. When watering only water round stem

10. They look good to me!

With only 2 grows under my belt I highly recommend fabric pots as well so take that with a grain of salt.

11. I’m only on my second grow and I never said they didn’t look good :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. What’s your water ph and ppm ?

13. I don’t know. I ordered a ph pen. It’s just tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Another little tip , if you don’t look after then pen and calibrate it then it’s useless. Get a old style ph kit well your new to this ( that’s what I use )

• Like Like x 1
  15. I use the drops and colour coded from the pet store for fish tank was only 5.99. Sumtimes tap water has to much calcium or two little or lots of other kinds of things wrong with it. I live in a small town in Canada and my ppm is 20 Ph is 6.8

• Like Like x 1
  16. It’s getting worse and is happening to every plant. Does it look like a ph issue?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Go download. Grow bible by Robert Bergman. Read it then read it again and you might be able to pinpoint what is going on. I think you have a ph problem but it could be a difency. Hear is a chart and the grow bible is free to download on your phone or computer. He’s my grow at the moment day 46 and now.

Attached Files: