First Grow- LA Con & Super Lemon Haze- Day 34 of Flower

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by 11dreams, Mar 31, 2013.

1. My first grow- Super Lemon Haze & LA Confidential. Today is day 34 into flowering. I trimmed a lot of fan leaves 2 days ago because they were so bushy and lower area just wasn't getting enough light. Seemed to have loved it. :) My favorite girls from each strain (Ripley & Frosty), started from seeds, same age- really show (me) how different they are. ;) They smell amazing.

Attached Files:

2. beautiful looking ladies.im not into trimming like that.slows the bud down,they are full of food.sugar,starches etc.im not complaining just saying.:D every one does it differently.apart from that lovely plants

3. Hey...! :)
    Thank you very much! I honestly didn't have a clue what I was doing or how much I was to remove- They were so bushy and full, but they seem alright-No your comment about it delaying the bud development does have me concerned...:( Well, I guess there's no going back now...
    Quick question if you wouldn't mind... I am a 37 into flour and I was wondering when I am supposed to begin flushing? My plants have been on advanced nutrients system, and half are LA Con & half are Super Lemon Haze. I know the LA confidential are supposed to mature more quickly than the Sativa strains (2-3 weeks??)- I've read so many different comments on the length of time.
    Thanks again- So fun to hear that this project actually looks good to someone that knows what they're doing! :)

Sent from my liberated iPhone using GC Forum

4. i think they were kept too far from light

5. Hey...
    I appreciate all advice- thank you. When you say too far from the light- do you mean initially or right now (I believe one of my photos shows a pic that would show distance)? They are currently about 22" from their light (1000 HPS). I did try to put them closer about 2 weeks ago and they got very wilted. I do have an air-cooled hood, however, I live in an area that gets very cold at night, so I have the fan on a thermostat so it's not running all the time. They are (nearly) all at the same height level, so I haven't moved them closer because of that-just thought I was close enough... Should I try and move them closer again? They are day 39 into flower.
    Thanks again. :)
    PS: The Super Lemon Haze were the ones that seemed to wilt. The LA Con seem (thankfully, so far) to handle everything better.

6. Day 51 of flower. :) My girls are doing amazing for having me as their gardener!

Attached Files:

7. Looks awesome! I just trimmed up a lot of my bottoms trying to produce bug fat colas. What are u using for nutes I'm trying to use my shooting powder but I'm a little confused in when to add the additives during flower...

8. Thanks! :) The truth is, this is my first attempt at something other than orchids! I've been following advice from here, and as for nutes I've gone pretty light (basically 1/2 or less of what the directions called for) of some of the Advanced Nutrients line every other watering. I just went light. :)

9. #9 11dreams, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    Day 56 of flower 3 days after using Final Phase flush. Buds are really fattening up and they look like they're on schedule for the strain (LA Con). I've done one clear R/O water flush and will continue that until harvest. Trichomes are milky but not yet amber. Smell is phenomenal and I'm really glad I spent the extra money for the larger scrubber. Humidity here (outside) has been almost 87 everyday so it's been a real concern, but so far I've managed to keep their temp/humidity at 70/50 using an arsenal of de-humidifyers, fans, and exhausts.
    Everything I've read about the last weeks of flower being the trickiest- is completely true. :/
    Sorry photos aren't that great, but I think it really shows how much they've swelled in 3 days.

image-1406968979.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Hey 11dreams! How do you like those air pots? If you don't mind...what did you pay for them?

11. Oh yeah...your plants look amazing!!!

12. Hey... :) The air pots were a little pricey (for me)- almost 9.00 each, but honestly, they probably were the only reason a beginner like me didn't screw things up by over watering. I planted in a cocoa mix and they dried out every other day. I did not give them nutes every water time- but every other.
    Tomorrow 2 of my (LA Con) girls are getting chopped... As excited as I am to finally be here...it's actually gonna be hard to see them go. :,(

13. Sent from my liberated iPhone using GC Forum

14. This morning was day 58 into flower, and my biggest girl (Ripley) got cut down. This is first time ever, so I hope the timing was right. Her tric's were turning amber (not all) yesterday, and this morning- a lot more...so I cut her. I hope the trim job I did was okay...? :confused:

Attached Files:

15. Cut off all those leaves sticking out the bud.

16. lol all leafs gonzo. only bud, rest goes to trimmings

17. :)

I know I have a lot of leaves left to go. I just did a pre-trim when I cut them down. I hang (whole plants) upside down for 3-4 days- then do final trim before they go on the hanging rack. :)

18. If your used to orchids cannabis should be a breeze :). I can grow buds much better than orchids haha (I used to overwater them like most ppl do lol)
    Your babies are lookin good man :D