First Grow just want some opinions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Firelancer, Dec 8, 2019.

1. #1 Firelancer, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Hello, this is my first time growing. Strain is unknown bag seed. Saved them over the years if i got good smoke so have a huge bag of random seeds. I started these under 4x40watt t12's and kept the light kissing them. Moved under 2x Whosled 600watt 124 actual watt LED's. Started with 4, 2 showed sex and ended up males so removed them. About a week later females started showing pistils. This was after switching them to 12/12 which I did the 7th of last month so been in 12/12 with NO light leaks confirmed 100% from inside tent. One of the males was showing before flip and stems were not staggered yet so they went in a littler early as I was wanting to keep them smaller as I was worried about not enough tent space. Using 32x32x63 tent, vivosun carbon filter and 4inch 190cfl fan in passive. Using Fox farm Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Blood and Mag/Cal by schedule at 1/2 strength as I read that's what people suggested. Using Black Gold Pictured for soil, Ph of water has been around 6.0 after nutes, using tap water that sits to let chlorine dissipate. I'm worried because stems are red, but these things have been growing like crazy, at least I think so? Any suggestions is helpful. I know I should have trained the mains to keep them closer, so I have realized that mistake already and I see some signs of N tox on some leaves but others look fine to me and I noticed one plants leave point towards the light while the others don't so much. Any Advice is appreciated.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forgot a picture when flipped. Topped them and waited a week then switched to 12/12 on the 7th, this was one day after. Red buckets are the females, funny how that worked out. I still can't believe they were this small before flip and grew to where they are now.

Attached Files:

3. 6 is a bit low of a Ph for soil.....aim for around 6.5

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks, I was just reading my red stems can be because of PH, they have been red the entire time but haven't seem stunted, but I'm not sure what stunted vs normal size plant is. They were growing 3 inches a day if not more after flipping. Is it safe to use the PH up stuff for fish tanks for my nute mix?

5. I dont see why not....if its Ph Up, and safe for fish....I dont see why it wouldn't work for your plant water

6. Thanks bud! I'll give it a shot! Sorry for the purple, hard to light the area without them to get a good enough picture for size but here's how tall they are. One is pretty close to light also and the pistols on its top buds are starting to curl in and get a little orange. Should I move light up a little or try to keep it lower to stay closer to the rest of the bud sites? One on the left obviously lol

Attached Files:

7. Your camera flash would suffice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'd see if I could bend it down a bit and then tie it....like LSTing it

• Like Like x 2