First grow! Just switched to flower today!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PatchAttack, Apr 29, 2016.

1. 1461931715655.jpg 1461931723929.jpg 1461931737490.jpg 1461931746936.jpg

First 12hrs under the 1000W HPS light. Running my timer 8am-815pm off and 815pm-8am on. Just defoiled and prepped them Tuesday afternoon then gave them their first transition to flowering nute feeding of full strength Micro and GH Bloom and half strength GH CalMag at a 6.35pH and 500ppm in my soil medium. I pulled one of my smaller ladies and considering pulling one or both my other smaller plants in the tent(back left and front right) and just vegging them with my other one I pulled already while my two big ladies flower. I think it may stunt them possibly, but idk, taking them out of flowering and back into veg but if I do that, they will have only been in flowering for 1-2 days after the flip. I'm going to decide today what I'm going to do. I have an extra room I can set at least 3 plants under some hanging 100watt cfls daylight and 2 T5 4 ft 2 light bar lighting to keep vegging them. If they get too big before my other plants are done flowering I can just keep training them by topping, lst, super cropping, and whaking inches off if need be to keep them short enough to flower in my tent. Anyone else's thoughts on this? Any advice very much welcome. Better planning next time and another 4x4x7 grow tent with 1000w MH in near future but would like to make do without until I can flower a cpl to get some investment back before I buy another tent to veg in and keep this one my flowering tent. I'd like to get a process setup on a smaller level where I'm harvesting as often as I can. Every cpl months or less if I can would be great. Haven't put too much research and thought into that just yet tho so maybe that isn't even feasible idk. Anyway thanks for everyone's input thus far!! It's been a killer first ride and I'm enjoying it a lot more now that all you fine folks have helped me learn enough to feel slightly comfortable and not nervous everyday I'm fucking my plants up lol Have a happy herbal blessed day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. look tasty, good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. With no more area than you have to fill for flowering, an equally smaller area or even less space will serve as a good spot to veg. You're only looking at maybe 3 plants a run. If you set up a separate veg area, you can cycle your plants and have them maturing at different times. We started doing that with our plants because dealing with 25-30 plants in a bunch all at one time was tough...just dealing with trimming and manicuring the harvested plants. I've kind of got it now where I harvest 3 or 4 plants ever couple of weeks. I keep a constant good supply and it's just a lot easier to deal with. I stopped keeping "mother plants" too. As my clones are coming up in size that I will use to restock the flower room, I will pull new cuts from these growing clones instead of holding onto a huge plant or two to restock from. We use a basic closet as a veg area. I think there's a picture of it in my media folders here and the only time I run into space issues is when I have plants that are potted up in their largest containers before flower. I bought an extra 4 ft. T5 fixture and hung it in the room to help with the overflow. It's usually only needed for 7-10 days or so. Once I know they've gotten rooted in well in the larger flowering containers, they go into flower. They'll always double or even triple in size during the flower cycle and it's a big deal that you leave each plant enough room to get all the light it can down into the plant. Crowding them out robs you of a lot of buds. I pulled a plant last night and trimmed it up and was looking at it. Overall, the plant was about 40" in height and it had about 6 tops...maybe 7, that were gorgeous. But I was amazed at the development of the lower buds...down below the canopy. I used to be happy to get buds like that out of just my tops. But now, after increasing our wattage in the flower room and giving each plant proper space to receive all that light, I get nice fat dense buds down below the canopy instead of what I've always called scrub. Your plants look pretty bushy and you can look for that to only increase as they go through the flowering cycle. Be careful with putting them into flower and pulling them back out too. It's not real hard to confuse these suckers and they'll do weird things when that happens. But since you only had them in there a day or two, they've not even had time to actually start to put on buds. Hopefully, it'll be OK. I just don't know too many people who have great success with revegging plants. I've never been able to get even one to live when I've tried. LOL Maybe it's just a touch I don't have. Good luck!! You've definitely done great so far. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it. If you don't mind me asking how do you harvest every 2 to 3 weeks when you're only running around 3 plants at a time? I got lost there sorry buddy.so much great info. What would I need to do to be able to harvest every month or so even every two months? I'm super nervous. After only 2 nights from 24/0 light my preflowers are everywhere and I'm thinking my two biggest best plants are males....ugh I think I might just sit here and cry....ugh ugh triple ughhhh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Patch where are you updating your grow at? Also rotate your pics for me. I want to make sure I can follow your grow! Everything going ok?