First Grow-Just starting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Teddyisdaman1, Feb 27, 2009.

1. So here's the deal one day i was smoking and starting to think about growing in my gfs closet. The shelf is about two and half feet away from a light. My idea was to first just throw a seed in a party cup of dirt from outside water and forget just to give it the good ol' drunk college try. Then buy some actual equipment lights(CFL'S),potting soil for transplant, Pots etc. When i started my party cup idea i decided to throw in some tiny clear bathroom cups as the package says pics will be included. Also i know my attempt if thats what it may be concidered stupid and impossible but this is were it gets good. I started a my party cup and two bathroom cups well chuck(gfs dad) got real close to finding my grow room so i called if off till i could get more privacy(lock on the door). So i go back the day before yesterday and get ready to get rid of the cups and what not and notice in one of my bathroom cups had sprouted when idk. But it was really yellow and dry i didnt touch it in my excitment i watered the fuck out of it and took it outside in the sun it turned green in a couple of hours so ive been doing that but enough with the talk heres what i got.

1) i think the light is to close what do u think
    2) i think this one just the right of space
    3) Best pick of sprout i could get

Attached Files:

2. Okay
    One, What kind of light is that
    Two, It most likely even needs to be closer
    if thats an incandesant bulb
    Try getting some CFL's
    Incandesants are pretty much useless
    Take a look at the Begginers Quick CFL guide and read through
    you'll feel the need to go buy some :)

3. i second that to the third power

4. Oh yea i know this that the lights not gonna do me shit worth of anything but what do u think about growing one plant box it up get a CFL and be great. You think that would work?

5. Yeah mate, it DOES work, its what im doing :)
    Try looking at LST or SCROG..
    most likely LST for A one plant wonder haha
    peace.

6. Hi , grats on the sprout , fact is tho , in order to get some bud from that u are gonna have to spend some money.As far as light the cheapest way to go is cfls.You gonna need more than 1 tho. For your single plant you need about 100 actual watts of cfls (actual watts not incandescant equivelant) . You use the 6500k or daylight cfls for veg growth.Also get the same amount of bulbs u got for veg but these gotta be 2700k or soft white i think they r called. Put these bulbs aside until u decide to go 12/12 and flower then put these in.Your gonna need some a bigger pot, 3 gallons works.Your gonna need some soil withought nutes or time released nutes, fox farms ocean forest is probably the best and u can get some perlite while ur bat it and mix it into to that for better drainage.After the plant is 3 weeks old or so u need food for it , liquid nutes , fox farm makes good ones as well.Your grow room / area / watever it may be ia going to need to have some decent hieght to it as mj plants grow pretty tall.You will also need grow area to have good air circulation(exhaust fan , oscilating fan or desk fan inside).The inner walls or the grow area need to be lined with mylar , or painted flat white, dont use aluminum foil for this . Get a thermometer , get 1 that reads humidity to for ur grow area. I try to keep my temps between 75 and 85 degrees farenhieght and my hum 40-55%.You can hook ur lights and fans up 2 a single power strip then get a plug in timer and hook the strip up to that and plug that in so ur light go on and off automatically. 18 hours light 6 hours dark for vegative growth and 12 light 12 dark for flowering.Water with distilled water or spring water, if ur gonna use tap water let it sit in a open container for 48 hours before use to evap the chlorine and it will be a nice temp also.Dont over water , give the soil time to dry out well between waterings. ok fuck im done with this paper back novel. any questions lemme know ill help u to the best of my knowledge. good luck:smoking:

7. Thank you planted and everyone else the help is amazing im just really surprised that it even sprounted for no water no light for a week. Right now like you saw i have my party cup up there my miracle sprount as i like to call it is currently in the window getting some nice sun its been nice around here latly stepping into spring so yea i put it by the window open it so it can get a breeze strengthen up thos stems. Ill def be investing in some lights soon

8. Hey just checking in my on miracle sprout is doing good got it in the window getting some real light till i can get some cfl's and its just growin off the wall i mean its been a week and its already showing signs of the second leaves. But the two leaves that originaly sprouted are starting to fall off im concerned am i doing something wrong do i need to feed it whats going on with that please get back to me im gonna post some pics real quick there not so good but its an idea of what its lookin like

Attached Files:

9. heyy everyone
    can anyone tell me right after i put my four germinated seeds into all their individual cups, what type of lighting should they get?, and for how long? Also what about flowering and vegitative?

10. Read sticky topics.

11. roots hate light dont use a clear cup

12. I just transplanted it into a new pot so no more light for the roots and i just found out there thers a CFL in the light in are room so i switched it out with the incandesent. So i might move it to closet in the future once i find or build a box i mean it doesnt have to be fancy right just a freakin cardbord box would work right?

13. Here are some pics

1) Finaly got a good pic of the sprout
    2)My setup from left to right- Box current sprout is in,red cup had something in but does no longer ants attacked it, two clear cups were seeds that didnt sprout but will be used to sprout in the future maybe i know clear isnt good so ill wrap them in something, green box is use to get the clear cups up into the light, ashtray and my water.
    3)Is was i use to water my plants so i can keep track on how much water i am actually getting big numbers mark Milliliters

Attached Files:

14. #14 Sahand, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    Wow man your lucky. I havn't got any of my seeds to sprout yet, I hope they do :)

And outdoor plants grow way better, so u might wana find a "secret" area to grow it. Make sure there is direct sunlight for a good grow. And dont tell ANYONE. Growing is a felony in the majority of the U.S.

You're gonna need FERTILIZER. They need food hurry up and get some, and don't over do it.

15. You do realize he can call the cops on your ass if he finds it there right? If you can't get permission, and your grow is in SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE then you are not safe growing. And no, Cardboard is not good enough for a box. You would know that if you knew anything about what you are messing with. There's a little thing called odor, you know, the number one reason grows get busted.

You really shouldn't be growing.

16. Version 2 just to let you know that was awhile ago. It came to my knowledge that he does know what it is he came in the room and saw the pot of dirt i had to transplant it in and i said yea i know im weird for having a pot of dirt, He says are u gonna transplant your pot plant into that and i said yes. He knows and really doesnt care that i am. I just got some CFL's so i got the light part done. Should be hard to get ahold of some plant furtilizer