First Grow - July 26, 2010

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by bond007, Jul 28, 2010.

1. #1 bond007, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
    Hey guys, this is my first grow, it's late in the season, but I'm hoping for a small grow.

I ordered 15 WW seeds and I'm only planting 2 seeds for this season.

I received my seeds on July 26, they have been germinated, so I have planted them into a party cup.

[​IMG]

Now it's time to be patient!

2. Well it's been 3 days since the sprout which was on July 30.

Here's an update pic of the little girls (crossing my fingers!!)

[​IMG]

3. SWEEET!!! :D nice start! from my experiece tho id take those widows out of those cups as soon as the roots hold all the soil!

so what are your plans for the adult plants? if your using pots definately buy a bag of perilite when you buy soil my favorite beginner soil is 2 bags of miracle grow organic chioce potting soil 1 bag mg organic choice garden soil and a bag of perilite i just pour it all into a tupperware and mix it, remember NEVER BUY THE CHEAPEST SOIL your gunna be there and ur gunna be like well fuck fuzz il just get the cheap stuff he prolly doesnt know what hes talking about anyway lol override that thought lol because ive done the same thing time after time and learned my lesson...
    i used stuff called sta-green once it was filled with plastic and when i watered it just went right through the pot and never soaked up any water making a gigantic mess of my grow room lol so then i finaly pull off a grow with this stuff and man was it annoying i tried to flush the soil and this awful fake synthetic looking green dye came out and never stopped for hours theyre just completely packed full of terrible nutes

SO YOUR GROW IS ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR SOIL!!!

also if your going to defend against anything it should be slugs, buy slug traps or use eggshells and used coffee grounds because they hate crossing them OR make copper rings for the same reason but its always a great idea to use pepper wax or something to keep the critters off

once youve done that its time to be patient lol

if you plan on putting them in the ground id at least till the soil or dig it up a couple feet down and mix in some garden soil or manures and again perilite is your best friend your really just trying to make it so the roots can spread as easy as possible because the bigger and stronger the root system the bigger and stronger the plant

well i hope i could be of help :-D good luck!

4. #4 bond007, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010

Alright I really appreciate the awesome response! It actually helped me a bunch!

For the soil, I was going to buy miracle gro, but the lady at the nursery persuaded me to buy something better than it.. and since it cost more I'm assuming it is better.

The soil is called Nurseryman's Bumper Crop: Premium Organic Mix.
    I also bought Perlite, and I already had some Miracle gro liquid solution that helped plants grow.

I transplanted one of the plants, it's been one week since germination. (This has the new soil + perlite + miracle gro solution)
    I left the other, this was really just for learning experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures are of the one I have transplanted on the top, and the other one which I left in the red party cup.

5. awesome! next time you transplant burry the plant up to the cotyldons(seed leaves) not only for stability but all that stem u burry will quickly turn to roots :-D also most people like to shoot for like 30% perilite so dont be afraid to really mix it in there

great start man! u will soon become addicted lol

6. Both plants at 11 days old. Surprisingly, the one I transplanted is growing slower than the one I left in the party cup.

Transplanted Plant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Party Cup Plant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. New pics! They've grown a fair amount since my last update. I ordered a PC Grow Case so the plan is to transplant one of them into the case. I'll decide on that later though. I'm probably going to top them next week.

I also gave my plants their names...

Meet Jessica :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And let us not forget about Mia :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. looking good, about the same as my plants.,

9. what strain are you growing brah?

10. purple pineberry fem., are you around the northeast?

11. Nice man, I might buy that strain after seeing how yours turns out. It sounds interesting.

And yeah, I'm in NJ, how about you?

12. they were extremely cheap for 12 seeds, and im in Connecticut

13. I just fimmed Jessica... I'm hoping I did it right.

I'll take pics soon!

And for my record, I just sprouted another seed

14. Okay guys, Jessica and Mia are now 27 days old! It'll be their 4 week birthday tomorrow :)

Here are pics of the girls side by side

[​IMG]

Here is Jessica

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Mia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. looking good!

16. nice man! im loving the little cotyldons :-D it just reminds me how long its been since ive started from seed lol they are beautiful, you should be proud! are you smoking them down for their bday? lol

you should start to see some signs of flowering soon so keep your eye out for nanners :-D

good luck, keep it up, happy growing!

17. Thanks fuzz! I always appreciate your posts.

Well here is Jessica... sorry for the crappy pics lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. any signs or updates if its flowering? i found my first white hair on my plants today