First Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Xone92, Jul 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wakey wakey

Attached Files:

2. yes lads

Attached Files:

3. Morning

Attached Files:

4. Hey man, I've been following along and have a couple questions.
    1. Why is the light in your pictures red? I looked at the link you posted and the pictures they have on their website looks burple.

2. Why transplant into such a small pot? Seem like you could have jumped to a 3 or 5 gallon.

Subbed and following along!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #45 Xone92, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    It’s like a pink purple in person I think my phone may be catching it weird.

I have a small tent and I’m planning on cloning off of this one and just making the beginning as easy to manage as possible. I think this fabric pot is 2-3 gallon it’s just wide not very tall. I wanna see how my gear works as well. Mostly concerned with the seal on the tent and the quality of the carbon filter. If I have success ill essentially just upgrade everything.

6. Glad to here the light is not as red as it looks!

Best thing you can do for the seal on the tent is sit in there. Turn the lights on outside the tent and the lights off inside. Then, sit inside with the entire tent shit up for about 10+ minutes. Your eyes will adjust and you should be able to see if there are any light leaks. Then just some tape ( I like that foil tape) over any spots you see light coming in.

Stay Irie

7. Good idea honestly but my tent is quite small I really don’t want to get in there lol

8. Got any kids? Lol!

9. Haha no way. It’s a 2x2x4 foot. I can fit two of these fabric pots comfortably

10. Looking lovely today. Gave her some water with some nutes

Attached Files:

11. Perky this morning

Attached Files:

12. Fuck I should have started LST probably... Gonna give it a go tonight I hope I’m not too late.

13. Not too late at all. Just bend her over and tie her down. ;)

14. Will give it a go shortly. Pics incoming

15. I don’t think the branches are long enough yet

16. Sorry for the poor drawing but I think it will get my point across.

There are two ways you could go about it.

Option 1. Make an upside down U shape with some wire. Put the bend of the U where the blue marking is on the picture and bend the plant over sticking the two points of the U into the soil.

Option 2. Make a base support as shown by the yellow lines. Two points connected to the basket. This will keep the plant from being pulled out of the ground. Now, loop you second string around the top of the plant and pull it to the side away from the ancor. Shown by blue lines.

20180820_161942.jpg

The main goal is to get the top lower than the sides so the plant thinks it needs to make new colas. It will bring all the side growth up to make an even canopy. Tie down anything that grows above the main canopy line.

I'll try and take some pics when I get home tonight to show you how I do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Thats good stuff man thanks a ton for that. I have garden wire so I’ll work on it tomorrow. Humidity spiked up today to like 82% and the cup of water I keep in there had a little bit of green mold or fungi? Anyways I turned on my backup fan to pull air in to aid the exhaust fan so we’ll see if that helps. I noticed a thin clear layer of what felt like cellophane around the base stalk of the plant starting right that the medium... I hope this isn’t a bad sign. I didn’t see anything else on the plant itself though. I changed the water out and kept the door open for about 20 min so yeah..

Gotta play it by ear for now :huh:

Attached Files:

18. Think I saw a small mold spot on a leaf this morning. Will double check when I’m home. Ordered some Damprid for the tent as well.

Attached Files:

19. idk what I’m doing

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Looks like she perked up a bit since the tie down. Will check again when I’m home and the light is off.

Attached Files: